I LIKE seeing a lot of loot. Don't Change a Thing CDPR!!

+
I'm talking percentages. Of course you could find herbs at a peasants but they would be common herbs/ingrediants you can find anywhere. You shouldn't be finding something like diamond dust lol.

And no elvin ruins and other such unique locations shouldn't contain pieces of paper or stuff you would find from the peasentry to loot. They should be designed to house unique special items and those only to encourage going off the beaten path to secret locations and reward. Even if that means lowering the loot in those locations.

Like I said, Never said it was easy. But that doesn't mean it isn't a lazy/poor design choice either. You can't have your cake and eat it.

As I was reading on another thread a couple of minutes ago, I think a far better thing to be talking about would not be the amount of loot, but how that loot is handled. Showing stats and things on items would be a heck of a lot more important than having fewer items :)

As I was reading on another thread a couple of minutes ago, I think a far better thing to be talking about would not be the amount of loot, but how that loot is handled. Showing stats and things on items would be a heck of a lot more important than having fewer items :)

I'd agree here..people who want a lot of loot should be able to have it, as well as people who want good loot in the right places, should have that too. I don't think the problem is too much loot, it's just too much randomness maybe. But, fixed loot sucks too, because I like the feeling of not knowing what is in a chest. Knowing whats there..makes it not fun to find. Just like if you knew where your easter basket was as a kid...who'd be excited to find it if you knew where it was?

---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

In a huge open world game like this, you can't have fixed loot, and you should have a lot of loot to find, because otherwise the game becomes just running from point a to point b..without anything in between, it gets repetitive fast.

Yeah exactly, now you're getting it!.

I mentioned that in another thread. It's how the loot is handled. Making the loot make some geographical/economical sense as well as some form of loot read out for weapons and armour.

Edit:

In fact I think that is what I said, word for word?

Last edited:
The loot system is really broken, and that's not a matter of opinions.

I'm far from the end of the first act, and I have something like 70k novigrad crowns (and i don't even know what to do with them, they are too much).

Most of it i made trough selling the over-abundant loot of the game.

There are simply far too much crafting components: houses and streets are litterally filled with them, and not just the cheap ones, but also the rarest (emerald powder? pearl powder? Dimeritium? Black Steel? Silver? Meteoric ore?).

And autolevelling loot it's just harmfull in this case, because after sometimes common swords you find are worth 50 or 60 caps.
If you kill a bunch of bandits when you have a middle to high level character you'll became a moghul in no time.
Gold built uppon cheap iron. :D

It needs a fix, seriously.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly, now you're getting it!.

I mentioned that in another thread. It's how the loot is handled. Making the loot make some geographical/economical sense as well as some form of loot read out for weapons and armour.

Edit:

In fact I think that is what I said, word for word?

As I said, I was reading another thread ;)

As for the rest of what you said, that isn't what I said at all. Geographical/economical matters where not bought up by myself at all.

I have no issue with the amount or current placement of any loot. All I said was it would be nice to see the stats so you could tell if you wanted to pick it up :)

Last edited:
No, it's not an opinion. It is a fact.
Rules exist in game design. If you place a lot of trash items and houses in which you can enter, you are breaking, in order:

1) Economic system - A lot of trash items with an high value means that you can do a lot of money. Which is wrong.
2) Exploration - If the itemization includes only boring an weak items and weapons, and the most powerful items are crafted, then there is no reward in the exploration. Expecially because you find all the crafting elements in a common house.
3) Narrative coherence - Seeing Geralt enter in a house and steal everything he see, it's just idiotic. And inconsistent.

So yes. The system is broken. And the fact that you like pointless loot doesn't make it less...pointless.

I disagree for the simple fact money is in essence useless in this game as most of what you want can be found and crafted thus the trash items bringing you money is meaningless. I have a ton of money from contracts that I never spend as there is no need. So the economic system doesn't even come into play.

Your second point is false. I have crafted items and then FOUND better items later on. Exploration IS rewarding.

As for your third complaint I'm not even sure what your point is. Do you believe he should not be able to loot empty houses?

Anyway, you seem confused as to what is fact and what is opinion. Yours is simply an OPINION, not fact.

As I said, I was reading another thread ;)

As for the rest of what you said, that isn't what I said at all. Geographical/economical matters where not bought up by myself at all.

I have no issue with the amount or current placement of any loot. All I said was it would be nice to see the stats so you could tell if you wanted to pick it up :)

I didn't say you mentioned it mate. I was I was going into detail on "what I meant" when referring to my "how the loot is handled"

I didn't say you mentioned it mate. I was I was going into detail on "what I meant" when referring to my "how the loot is handled"

I think I was just referring to your edit, but it's all good. We share the same basic idea that loot info would have been handy lol ;)

The loot system is really broken, and that's not a matter of opinions.

I'm far from the end of the first act, and I have something like 70k novigrad crowns (and i don't even know what to do with them, they are too much).

Most of it i made trough selling the over-abundant loot of the game.

There are simply far too much crafting components: houses and streets are litterally filled with them, and not just the cheap ones, but also the rarest (emerald powder? pearl powder? Dimeritium? Black Steel? Silver? Meteoric ore?).

And autolevelling loot it's just harmfull in this case, because after sometimes common swords you find are worth 50 or 60 caps.
If you kill a bunch of bandits when you have a middle to high level character you'll became a moghul in no time.
Gold built uppon cheap iron. :D

It needs a fix, seriously.

Curious as to how you believe this breaks the game? If this were and MMORPG where easy to make money creates artificial inflation I could see your point, however money is basically meaningless in this game as it's single player.

Part of the reason many have so much money is because there is NOTHING you need/have to buy, thus you simply accumulate wealth. I have over 10k at level 15, most of which is from contracts. I have nothing I need or want to buy as I can either find it or make it.

I'm not sure what people want or expect. Perhaps you would much rather spend three hours a day farming for mats and money in order to buy a new sword like they used to make us do back in the day. Would that be preferable?

But too each their own I suppose. I don't see an issue with the loot tables in regards to this being a single player game.

I think the looting is excessive. Very. Skipping herbs you can recognize with glance and you know you don't need... is fine. But when I start skipping containers, which could have precious items, simpy because the looting is boring me out of my mind... I know there is something wrong.

There are waaay too many containers with junk, which is bad mostly because a select few have great loot.

Fine if you want 60,000 gold and nothing to spend it on, then good for you. Might as well, just play with god-mode on.

I like finding loot too, but something happened where I just have 30-40 of every material item I found and nothing to use it on. Food became useless because I have 100 bottles of liquor.

So, it's not that the loot system is bad, it's that it's pointless loot. So, once you get to a certain point in the game, you got more then enough gold...and you figured out what containers contain the junk loot, the same stuff as always, you don't loot it because it's either, wire, dwarven spirit, doll, etc. The loot from the monsters just piles up, and the crafting system isn't really calling out for the amount of loot that's in-game. Kinda like Skyrim. At a certain point, you don't loot the plates, and random junk.

I started the game, and I was stoked to find blue and orange monster items and blue and yellow swords....now, I could care less. That's the problem with the loot system to me. Relics drop easily from Contracts which make crafting moot.

Crime system to protect most of the loot in the world would of been good. Heavier crafting requirements. Worthy items to craft mid-game. Etc, all these things would improve it.

I think our best hope (if any) to have this sorted out in the near future (if ever) is trying to give a VERY SHORT list of improvements that could be EASY to implement, that help a lot, and that make most of us happy (even the ones happy with the current system). I have two ideas. If we perfect them and can make a short list of good suggestions, we can create a poll later on.

My suggestions:

- Far less number of crates/bags that are just IN THE WAY in the cities, outside houses. I don't mind if there are lots of loot in a couple of crates outside houses in a city, but 5 crates for every house just in the door makes you stop to loot at least 30 times when you arrive in a city + the interiors of houses.

- Logical and rewarding position of loot. No expensive ingredients/items in a bag just at the door of a poor peasant's house.

- In case some people prefer to have the items appearing in random places and loot 8 boxes for every house, maybe there could be an option to choose loot available in the game.

I have the feeling my suggestions are close to impossible to implement at this stage, so I would ask trying to keep them as realistic as possible (implementing an improved theft system at this stage is probably impossible or too much work). What else would you guys suggest?

I think our best hope (if any) to have this sorted out in the near future (if ever) is trying to give a VERY SHORT list of improvements that could be EASY to implement, that help a lot, and that make most of us happy (even the ones happy with the current system). I have two ideas. If we perfect them and can make a short list of good suggestions, we can create a poll later on.

My suggestions:

- Far less number of crates/bags that are just IN THE WAY in the cities, outside houses. I don't mind if there are lots of loot in a couple of crates outside houses in a city, but 5 crates for every house just in the door makes you stop to loot at least 30 times when you arrive in a city + the interiors of houses.

- Logical and rewarding position of loot. No expensive ingredients/items in a bag just at the door of a poor peasant's house.

- In case some people prefer to have the items appearing in random places and loot 8 boxes for every house, maybe there could be an option to choose loot available in the game.

I have the feeling my suggestions are close to impossible to implement at this stage, so I would ask trying to keep them as realistic as possible (implementing an improved theft system at this stage is probably impossible or too much work). What else would you guys suggest?

Just the one thing, that would solve a multitude of problems with one simple yet useful addition. A stats tooltip.

The argument is getting more and more absurd as this thread swells. I'm pretty sure there will be mods that cater for those of you who want fewer or only quality loots spawned...

What do you mean with "a stats tooltip"?

When hovering your cursor over an item in a container, it gives you the weight, lvl, power, etc of whatever the item is, so you can make an informed decision of whether to pick up that item.

Things like this are hard to fix after release, I like it better if there are no loots at all in safe zones or only minor stuffs like books. If you want stuffs to sell, even junks, you have to risk your life and do treasure hunts scattered on the map. Stuffs from safe zones should only be bought, not looted. Geralt will completely broke unless he explores the world.

Things like this are hard to fix after release, I like it better if there are no loots at all in safe zones or only minor stuffs like books. If you want stuffs to sell, even junks, you have to risk your life and do treasure hunts scattered on the map. Stuffs from safe zones should only be bought, not looted. Geralt will completely broke unless he explores the world.

I like your idea, but unfortunately doing that after release means checking again all the game balance (just in case it happened that, for example, an specific chemical ingredient was impossible to get unless you farm for 20 hours).

Top Bottom