I like this game.

+
The game is 99% close to being a masterpiece. These are some things I would love to see done to Night City !

1.Collect, Buy, Find BD tapes to play in a home BD player for recreation and not for missions
2.More recreational options in general, People boot up Red Dead Redemption just to go fishing, CP needs equivalents expected and unexpected. I'd love to be able to engage in puzzle style gambling, sitting down to strange looking meals where there is an actual animation of consumption, engage in recreational drugs of the future. Generally more recreation for between missions. The TV in the apartment is a great touch.
3.Change character's appearance
4.Update car handling. They look and feel like boxes on a track and the left right controls are twitchy.
5.Make conversations with street NPCs a little more engaging and lifelike. Big, scary dudes shouldn't run away if you punch them, and all of their mouths should move!
6. Use public transportation to gain better views of the city!
7. Enter more storefronts, could be tied into new rec opportunities.
8. Invite DREXCIYA to contribute some music.

That's pretty much all I've had trouble with, the game is just phenomenal and is literally a hair away from a masterpiece

This game is quite amazing, I haven't seen many issues with performance at all. Just the few bugs that I'm sure they'll take care of

The game is 99% close to being a masterpiece
No. This seems disingenuous.

Don't get me wrong here, the game is a ton of fun in spite of its entirely unacceptable state.

It is a lot further from masterpiece than that. Pretty much everything is mediocre about the game except the main story. Which is actually pretty good and looks like the only thing that was finished. Ignoring the lifepaths which they didn't.

For car controls, I've already spoken on it here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/driving-handling-or-how-to-get-it.11054621/
But the TL;DR is that they rotate on center point. The wheels arent used for steering or even the illusion of. The reason left and right feels weird is because just as with a record the outer ring spins faster than the inner ring due to the distance from t he center pivot.

There is little to no consequence to your choices and definitely not like they spoke of it, the world isn't alive, and there are a ton of cut corners to hit release. I've spent 95 hours now in CP2077 with two opposite playthroughs and they're basically the same.

What you mentioned isn't going to make the game a masterpiece, it'll make it better. Sure. It wont make it a masterpiece. It's a very unambitious game with less sandbox features than san andreas back ye olde days even. The world feels dead, and bugs are such a core aspect of the game that they are the game. It's impossible to go on long without something going wrong.

I've had a summoned bike drive out of a lake, spaz out in front of me as it clipped through the road, shoot up into space, appear in front of me and then explode just 10 minutes or so ago. Bugs will be fixed, 100%. But there is a lot missing from the game to make it a masterpiece. And a lot of that is stuff they confirmed be it on twitter or facebook. I can see why its not in the game: To meet release. But still.

Even if the game had no bugs, it'd still not be that great a game as it's missing a lot that should be in a sandbox RPG, or an RPG with choices of consequence that they spoke of.

Like damn dude. I love the game but its nowhere near a masterpiece. It's a passionately made trainwreck with extreme polish in some places and last minute duct tape in others. Just like with a trainwreck its spectacular and I can't look away. I'll stick to it, the game is still fun enough.

While I fully understand that CDPR screwed the pooch on the old consoles..... I just have to say:
I play on a PC (RTX2080Ti), I am over 50 years old, and have been playing computer games for more than 40 years.
Are there minor bugs? Yes.
Do I mind? No. (They are minor).
Do I hate fps rpg with level-gating? Oh yes, with a red glowing hatred.
But.....

This is by far the best game I have ever played, the storytelling, the setting (NC), the voice acting, the vibe. The missions, do some of the side-missions. Some of the best ever created.

I realize that nobody from the inner sanctum of CDPR will ever read this, but if they do..... Kudos my friends, this is stellar.

Have a safe Christmas everyone.
An Old Fart.........

It is so good. I just finished my first playthrough at like 80 hours. I really enjoy the story and the gameplay. The sidequests got a little bit tedious/repetitive towards the end, but I had tons of fun. There is so much emotion in this game (there was some big choices towards the end).

I am very satisfied how this game turned out, and I'm excited to see what improvements will come to it in the future.
Everyone here is has over 80 hours playing the game, I just hang out in my apartment bathroom making faces all night and changing clothes LOL
Post automatically merged:

I am having an absolute blast with this game. I'm not having any game breaking issues at all. and the glitches I am running into are making me laugh my ass off.
I'm a veteran Dark Souls player so I'm not a [...] over a couple glitches lol adds a flavor to the game.
Every game has glitches and they are all usually pretty unique to that game. its like their little short bus special finger print. lol
That's called a joke not a dick don't take it so hard.

I can't be the only one loving this game?
Dude I think this might be the best release I have seen, its original, has that Blade Runner feel to it.

I'm about 40 hours of game time so far - taking it slow. Level 15 ... just past the prologue and concentrating on side missions, exploring and gigs before going back to the main story. I LOVE this game.
Been playing on PC and have seen practically zero bugs - it runs great even on my old gaming laptop. People don't believe me, get angry and accuse me of lying, but it is true. It's like they want it to fail or for everyone to hate it or not have fun, whatever, I am loving it and having a huge amount of fun playing the game.

He said he liked the Game! Don't like it? Put it down stop posting negative crap. I ordered Pappa Johns Pizza for some co-workers and they delivered the wrong damn order did I blow their forums up loosing my shit? Every time some people post they enjoy it you trolls come out of the wood work. Which makes me suspect you are a troll from a rival company.

Attachments

• 1605110006147.gif
    1605110006147.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
I like this game too. I will give it it's due despite critism, . 5O hours playing, still in act 1, even side jobs not all done and done. Plan to settle in Night City, it suits me nicely.

I think that if they added more replayability and some more life to the world after finishing everything... like random hard events, "realistic" fights and chases with the NCPD, maybe the world being actually reactive towards the player, more customization, being able to have reputation with different factions so they attack on sight, etc... I would put 1000s of hours into the game.
Right now I feel like I read an excelent book, and I just leave it in the shelf until I feel I want to read it again.
I'm not complaining, I enjoyed this game A LOT, and wouldn't mind if they didn't do a lot of stuff and this ends up being the final product.

But... this game has grand potential.

Absolutely, and good points for sure. It will be exciting to see how they mold this. I am truly hoping that for cyberpunk that it's only the beginning. It's got too much potential to be a single installment and done. lol

I pre-ordered a physical copy of the game for PS4. I was incredibly disappointed as I began to play it. I was trying to find out whether the store I ordered it from would give refunds. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep playing, but I did, through all the bugs and crashes. Right now I am stuck, not being able to continue the main story. The "main jobs" tab is simply empty, nothing seems to trigger the journey to move forward. Yet along the line, I absolutely fell in love with the game. I began to enjoy the missions more and more and many of the characters and their stories have moved me on a level I thought wasn't possible for a video game. I can't wait to be able to finish the story as the bugs are fixed. I'll be praying for future DLCs to allow me to play more with my favorite characters. In the beginning, I thought I was wronged by CDPR. Now I'm just hoping that the people who have done the amazing work that has brought the city and the characters to life aren't wronged. Please never give up on Night City.

It is so good. I just finished my first playthrough at like 80 hours. I really enjoy the story and the gameplay. The sidequests got a little bit tedious/repetitive towards the end, but I had tons of fun. There is so much emotion in this game (there was some big choices towards the end).

I am very satisfied how this game turned out, and I'm excited to see what improvements will come to it in the future.
I am very happy with my experience so far. I think its a pretty great concept and I trust CDPR to do everything they can.

Cyberpunk begs for updates but this is really good game, deep inside.

Irony is that main quest is the weakest aspect of this entire game ( CDPR writing WAS always excellent ). Even their small game like Thronebreaker has better story than Cyberpunk - not even close. If I would rate my first impressions when I was focusing on main quest - it's like 5/10 game. Now on my 2nd playthrough when I'm just doing whatever goes, without main quest, that's like 8/10 with potential for 10/10.

We complain a lot ( for a good reasons ) but this game is not nearly that bad or average like some people saying.
I agree I think people forget some of the other things out there. Lets look at the problems with Master Chief Collection when it launched. 45 GB Day One patch. People need to give CDPR a little slack. I think they've earned it. Go ahead and try and play Destiny 2 or Rainbow Six Seige on a 13 yr old PC and see what happens

I like this game too. I will give it it's due despite critism, . 5O hours playing, still in act 1, even side jobs not all done and done. Plan to settle in Night City, it suits me nicely.
This is awesome. I am glad there are some reasonable people out there. I think some people complain just to complain.

The game is 99% close to being a masterpiece. These are some things I would love to see done to Night City !

1.Collect, Buy, Find BD tapes to play in a home BD player for recreation and not for missions
2.More recreational options in general, People boot up Red Dead Redemption just to go fishing, CP needs equivalents expected and unexpected. I'd love to be able to engage in puzzle style gambling, sitting down to strange looking meals where there is an actual animation of consumption, engage in recreational drugs of the future. Generally more recreation for between missions. The TV in the apartment is a great touch.
3.Change character's appearance
4.Update car handling. They look and feel like boxes on a track and the left right controls are twitchy.
5.Make conversations with street NPCs a little more engaging and lifelike. Big, scary dudes shouldn't run away if you punch them, and all of their mouths should move!
6. Use public transportation to gain better views of the city!
7. Enter more storefronts, could be tied into new rec opportunities.
8. Invite DREXCIYA to contribute some music.

That's pretty much all I've had trouble with, the game is just phenomenal and is literally a hair away from a masterpiece
Nice Review

Last edited:
I like the game, but for me, I dont see starting a new game now that I completed everything one time; which dissapoints me, i was pumped to be able to replay this game many times, in totally different ways...but, they didnt really deliver on that aspect yet...I have no desire to go back through and do all the same thimgs/sidequests over again. I figured it'd be more of an immersive, sandbox, rpg with lots of replayability, and who knows, maybe it will be when they complete it, but as of now, I'll be going to finish AC Valhalla, then check back sometime next year.

I like this game too, which is why I'm so annoyed that it's a buggy mess. I don't understand the people who complain about the bugs, and then rant that even without the bugs, it would still be a terrible game. Why do you care, then? Just move on and find something else to play.

He said he liked the Game! Don't like it? Put it down stop posting negative crap. I ordered Pappa Johns Pizza for some co-workers and they delivered the wrong damn order did I blow their forums up loosing my shit? Every time some people post they enjoy it you trolls come out of the wood work. Which makes me suspect you are a troll from a rival company.

Some people just can't let people be happy man.

I like this game too, which is why I'm so annoyed that it's a buggy mess. I don't understand the people who complain about the bugs, and then rant that even without the bugs, it would still be a terrible game. Why do you care, then? Just move on and find something else to play.

My point exactly too. This game is the first sign of a company thinking outside the box jesus since Crysis. everything has been the same shit here the same shit there. minus the Witcher series but Witcher didn't explode explode until Witcher 3. like this Game has so much detail so much possibility and these people just keep attacking it. lol like if you don't like it fine but move on and let us enjoy it. Because we enjoy it. Man I want more Johnny Silverhand I was sad when he wasn't in my head anymore. Jesus I was really sad when Jackie .... poor Jackie man.

I say pffft to the people who don't like it and to the people who do I think we should keep playing and keep supporting them so we get more content in this universe they have started.

Last edited:

Because I waited years for this and I need to get it out of my system. ;/ I don't even think it's terrible, just disappointingly average.

Top Bottom