I like this game.

+
Well good for him! I am actually genuinely envious of everyone who is able to enjoy or even love this game... there are people out there gaming on 10k gaming rigs and i do not envy them because they worked to be able to afford them. I see no reason to envy them since i too could feasibly achieve that experience through hard work and maybe some personal sacrifice's! But there is literally NOTHING i can do to love this game and i want to love it so much! I always wanted a game like the one they marketed this one to be! I tried to like this game... i tried so hard for 140 hours... never before have i tried so hard to like a game... to no avail... all it does now is annoy me to no end! Man i really became bitter playing this game... totally not worth it!
Sad to hear that. It's very frustrating when you've been looking forward to something, only to have it fall short. It goes back to what I said in a previous post (somewhere, lol) that a game can never live up to everyone's expectations. Possibly after the fixes, and maybe after a DLC or two that may change for you. Here's hoping! (fingers crossed)

Sad to hear that. It's very frustrating when you've been looking forward to something, only to have it fall short. It goes back to what I said in a previous post (somewhere, lol) that a game can never live up to everyone's expectations. Possibly after the fixes, and maybe after a DLC or two that may change for you. Here's hoping! (fingers crossed)

Well... i expected it to be a deeply engaging complex open world RPG... silly me... wherever did i get that idea from?

Well... i expected it to be a deeply engaging complex open world RPG... silly me... wherever did i get that idea from?

I have to admit the biggest part for me is that I'm a huge cyberpunk genre fan. I still GM the Shadowrun pnp game for my friends, but I don't get a chance to play. Given how much lore I have kicking around in my head (I read up on the Cyberpunk lore as well), this game is a masterpiece of immersion. I was running around like a kid in a candy store just looking at the Cyberpunk setting brought to life. The slang, the ads, the gangs, the way the runs were constructed (sorry, jobs. Runs is Shadowrun terminology), the slang with how people speak. Getting to PLAY in that for a change is immensely enjoyable for me. Hell, I'd eavesdrop on random conversations just to see what mini stories were there. Sometimes those little tidbits would clue you in to a side job in the neighborhood (of course you could just look at the map, but it's a little something that just added to the immersion for me). At the end of the day, perspective is what changes the game for people. I've noticed this with pretty much every post on these forums. I'm not excusing the glitches or the oversights in the game. Far from it. But I enjoy what's there, and look forward to improvements down the line. :)

My initial play was to do just enough to unlock all the endings. I've done all the endings and now working on a new game. Because I know how the endings are, I've saved each one. This new playthrough will not have me doing the final quest just playing open world.

I have to admit the biggest part for me is that I'm a huge cyberpunk genre fan. I still GM the Shadowrun pnp game for my friends, but I don't get a chance to play. Given how much lore I have kicking around in my head (I read up on the Cyberpunk lore as well), this game is a masterpiece of immersion. I was running around like a kid in a candy store just looking at the Cyberpunk setting brought to life. The slang, the ads, the gangs, the way the runs were constructed (sorry, jobs. Runs is Shadowrun terminology), the slang with how people speak. Getting to PLAY in that for a change is immensely enjoyable for me. Hell, I'd eavesdrop on random conversations just to see what mini stories were there. Sometimes those little tidbits would clue you in to a side job in the neighborhood (of course you could just look at the map, but it's a little something that just added to the immersion for me). At the end of the day, perspective is what changes the game for people. I've noticed this with pretty much every post on these forums. I'm not excusing the glitches or the oversights in the game. Far from it. But I enjoy what's there, and look forward to improvements down the line. :)

I can relate. I'm a huge sucker for cyberpunk genre. And I think this game did lot of homework to convey that dystopian future world.
My favorite thing are all the news from radio and TV. How news story about tap water being harmful basically turns into a corporate ad for bottled water halfway through, or how the city deals with homeless by fumigating.

There is a lot of genuinely good world building, it's sad that there are so many issues dragging the experience down.

Nearing 200h of play time and still not quite had enough of it. So yeah, I like it a lot. Despite the many flaws it currently has. This is likely largely down to the fact I'm a fan of the genre for over 20 years and the pen and paper Cyberpunk 2020 was my favourite RPG in my teen years.
The game is far from perfect but I'm confident it will get fixed and get better over time. I will definitely come back to it many times over the next few years.

its really refreshing to see this post
like i said many times before THERE IS a masterpiece in this game but its up to Cdpr to fully realize it or not im really looking forward to see what they will do in the upcoming year

Oh i do agree.. they nailed the setting and the lore (i too am a huge Cyberpunk and Shadowrun fan... have been for over 20 years) but that makes the game only more frustrating for me, because i can tell how absolutely amazing it could be... i can se everywhere that it could be everything i wanted it to be... but it just isn't... it is a lazy mediocre looter shooter action adventure gameplay wise and an empty half-baked broken mess in the open world department (traffic/NPC behavior/Police/wanted system)... even the Map is basically unfinished... there spots everywhere were you can tell there should be a train station or something else... there are possibly hundreds of closed doors that will never be opened and those that can be opened lead to unfinished/cut content
it really is painful for me to look at what should have been THE game of the coming decade! It was supposed to be (and advertised as) the most complex most engaging open world RPG to date (in a setting i absolutely adore)... and it doesn't even try to be an RPG... let alone an complex and engaging one... what a waste!

Last edited:
Same. Bugs are there but they haven't stopped me enjoying it. None have become so bad they've prevented me from progressing. I feel sorry for those that have.

Top Bottom