I like this game.

+
Really enjoying it aswell but im not blind to it's faults, i can just ignore them more easily i think and because im on the One X and not the base Xbox or p4 im also not experiencing the majority of it.

The game was touted as current gen with next gen upgrade so regardless of anyones opinions on them base systems, how it plays and looks on them is totally unacceptable an im just glad they're making that a priority so my fellow players can, hopefully, enjoy it just as much

I've been enjoying it too, and I'm on ps4 lol

I think the story is really good, and even though the optimization is breaking my immersion at times, I know CDPR will (mostly) fix it within a few months. When all the textures are actually loaded in the graphics actually look amazing. A lot of the potato face memes and horrid textures are caused by people purposely running up to someone at full sprint and capturing a screenshot before the textures are finished loading in. So, those people are being deceitful in a way.

I'm not saying the game was released in an excusable state on console, just that the problems will eventually be dealt with. People are just freaking out. It's understandable, but this is still a great game at it's core and I'm sure that by March or April next year we'll see it start to reach it's full potential on last gen hardware.

If that means longer loading times to make sure the textures load in the right way, so be it. I'll take longer loading times over slow loading background and character model textures. As for the bugs, police mechanics, etc. I'm even more confident those issues will be fixed as we move into next year.

The goods:
The guns!
I can't express my positive reactions to when I first equip a new weapon and see that animation. They sound so amazing, I could just blast away and shoot noob gangsters all day and enjoy

No loading screens - need I say more? This is so refreshing

Details - again, don't need to explain but I'm almost always bored walking around in games, but not this one - there is always something interesting to look at or hear

Inventory - this one has got a lot of negative reviews but I notice some good stuff.
Attachments auto unequip when dismantling the weapon, I am almost never out of ammo but still have reason to loot it, I am almost never overweight. Overall I find I don't spend TOO much time in inventory and managing weight, etc. Ammo is zero, food is zero, a lot of stuff other games give weight are all zero

Fast travel - it's super easy to get around, running doesn't take to long, you can always summon a vehicle, and fast travel points are numerous.

That's all I got for now, I wanna shut up and go play!

I REALLY enjoy the game. I think the story is dope as hell and the characters and side quest are awesome. I cant really pin down an exact reason as to why I like just being in the world so much but its swag. Gimme some new game plus and Ill be set for life.

I have genuinely adored every hour I've played. I haven't had this much fun playing an RPG since Skyrim's release over a decade ago.
I have encountered a few clipping issues in conversations, and one time I tried to pick up an item and the stats stayed on screen until it was replaced by another items stats (where it THEN disappeared correctly).

Like, sure, CDPR will fix these, but I'm honestly still loving this game and can't wait to get home and play more.
Post automatically merged:

The goods:
The guns!
I can't express my positive reactions to when I first equip a new weapon and see that animation. They sound so amazing, I could just blast away and shoot noob gangsters all day and enjoy

No loading screens - need I say more? This is so refreshing

Details - again, don't need to explain but I'm almost always bored walking around in games, but not this one - there is always something interesting to look at or hear

Inventory - this one has got a lot of negative reviews but I notice some good stuff.
Attachments auto unequip when dismantling the weapon, I am almost never out of ammo but still have reason to loot it, I am almost never overweight. Overall I find I don't spend TOO much time in inventory and managing weight, etc. Ammo is zero, food is zero, a lot of stuff other games give weight are all zero

Fast travel - it's super easy to get around, running doesn't take to long, you can always summon a vehicle, and fast travel points are numerous.

That's all I got for now, I wanna shut up and go play!

I definitely agree with this - except with inventory, I personally love the look of it, it kinda feels like how stuff is stored in a table top game... which makes sense for Cyberpunk.

[...]
I have genuinely adored every hour I've played. I haven't had this much fun playing an RPG since Skyrim's release over a decade ago.
I have encountered a few clipping issues in conversations, and one time I tried to pick up an item and the stats stayed on screen until it was replaced by another items stats (where it THEN disappeared correctly).

Like, sure, CDPR will fix these, but I'm honestly still loving this game and can't wait to get home and play more.

I definitely agree with this - except with inventory, I personally love the look of it, it kinda feels like how stuff is stored in a table top game... which makes sense for Cyberpunk.

I will admit yes the inventory could you a bit of a tweak to make it more functional and user friendly. I also noted that a few items pass through ground level and are un-grabbable at time, not big deal just a little annoying at times. This happens in a lot of game so it's like meh lol it will get fixed. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite how critical I’ve been of the game, it is certainly addicting and I’m enjoying myself. My better judgement tells me to put it down and wait six months; While it breaks my heart to say, I’m not sure I’ll actually play it through a second time, so I SHOULD wait for it to get ironed out a bit and maybe have some content put back in.

But it's got me hooked enough that I can't put it down and feel compelled to keep going... so, take that for what it's worth.

I agree. But hopefully they can remove the crashes and bugs (especially for console users). Releasing a quality like that is unsatisfactory to say at least.

And you wouldn't believe how much you can actually enjoy the game if you didn't follow the hype/teaser beforehand and the hatetrain that is happening right now.

I am really enjoying this game, too. No gamebreaking bugs for me after around 40 hours of gameplay, just one crash and a few glitches. I've seen worse (and my 5 years old budget gaming PC isn't even close to highend).

What really drives me into this game is the amazingly detailed world, you really can see all the work and love they put into the different city districts. One time I feel like I'm in Tokyo, Voodoo Boys quarter feels like Naples at it's worst side to me, 6th Street district got those awesome GTA vibes.
Great plus: There's so much to discover. I would say, if you just come to rush the main story line and a few side quests, you are just playing this game wrong. I had so many funny, exciting and even shocking moments while going for the yellow questmarks on the map. So many small stories telling about the inhabitants of Night City or giving you background information to your character and Johnny.
Outstanding for me is the character design. Even in Witcher 3 some of the side characters just felt blank for me and I couldn't get attached to them. In Cyberpunk I care for all of them, sometimes I hate them, sometimes I love them, but everytime I really want to go on to experience what happens to them.

Of course there are some points they could've done better (regarding AI, where's my Gwent-ish mini-game :(, romances; console release), but I never expected the Holy Grail of gaming, because you just can't make it right for everyone. So it feels just right for me just as it is and I can't wait to spend more time discovering Night City.
Good job, to all of you, CDPR! (Don't let them grind you down :) )

Yeah I love it so far. The city is great. The story is great. There are certainly some things that I don't like, but no game is perfect. By and large it's definitely in my favorite games of the last decade or so.

EDIT: Also the performance issues will get better. Thankfully my game hasn't been bad at all on PC. As much as I like CDPR, making deadlines and launching polished games at launch are not their strengths. Patience is a virtue.

I also love this game... but after finishing everything... the world feels dull without sidequests, gigs, etc. It just gets empty and I only got left cars to buy and random gang groups waiting to get exterminated without challenge. Hope they added some more life to it after finishing it... like, being able to enjoy stuff when there are no more quests left, instead of having to start a new run with new character (I got a lot of skills to max, so the game didn't finish for me even though it feels empty with no quests)

Wait. Does everything in the game. Then complains that there's nothing left. What?
That's kinda normal, dude. Witcher 3 also becomes dull once you've done everything.

Wait. Does everything in the game. Then complains that there's nothing left. What?
That's kinda normal, dude. Witcher 3 also becomes dull once you've done everything.

lol Right?! that's what expansion content is for. lol let them fix then expand. lol Trust in the CDPR lol

I am really happy to see I am not the only one enjoying the game. It would be so cool if we could all meet up in game and enjoy it together. lol take on some missions, fight some maelstrom of some Arasaka! lol

Didn't play any Witcher game, not my cup of tea.
But, I played some other open world games, like singleplayer TeS games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim), all GTAs since GTA 3... And in those games, after completing everything, I had a lot of stuff to keep on doing in them. In CP2077 I still got skills to keep on leveling, but there is no way to do it, just by killing some underpowered and underwhelming random groups here and there.

Didn't play any Witcher game, not my cup of tea.
But, I played some other open world games, like singleplayer TeS games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim), all GTAs since GTA 3... And in those games, after completing everything, I had a lot of stuff to keep on doing in them. In CP2077 I still got skills to keep on leveling, but there is no way to do it, just by killing some underpowered and underwhelming random groups here and there.

yeah, but I would imagine in January there will be fixes and quality of life updates that will be pushed out given the data and complaints they have collected between launch and then.

Guest 4478408

this game is MUCH better then parts of the enraged comunity make it out to be.
at least on pc, whatever bugs there are are mostly cosmetic.
sure, there is some content that did not make it into the game (yet), but that is normal for any game and even more so for an ambitious project of a not that big studio.
but of course. after all that hype expectations where sky high. anything with the slightest fault must have result in what we see now.

yeah, but I would imagine in January there will be fixes and quality of life updates that will be pushed out given the data and complaints they have collected between launch and then.

I think that if they added more replayability and some more life to the world after finishing everything... like random hard events, "realistic" fights and chases with the NCPD, maybe the world being actually reactive towards the player, more customization, being able to have reputation with different factions so they attack on sight, etc... I would put 1000s of hours into the game.
Right now I feel like I read an excelent book, and I just leave it in the shelf until I feel I want to read it again.
I'm not complaining, I enjoyed this game A LOT, and wouldn't mind if they didn't do a lot of stuff and this ends up being the final product.

But... this game has grand potential.

Top Bottom