I love Cyberpunk, but what have you done with the jump?

+
As someone who likes to explore, jump from rooftop to rooftop and walk around instead of using a vehicle, this had me pretty bummed.
Just noticed they significantly nerfed the Fortified Ankle jump. You cannot jump long distances anymore, if you try to use it to cross the street is not high or long enough and you get hit by cars, and I personally just feel like the chained a bola to my V's ankles. Not enjoying the exploring as much as I did before and that's kinda disappointing since I was receiving the patch with open arms.

Anyone else noticed it, and if you did, how do you feel about it?

Not tried again, I have just started a new run (so not enough eddies for that).
But anyway, I'll do with it :)
If they have nerfed it, there was a good reason (not sure which).

Could be a physics update? Hopefully i can skipp the driving addons then since the cars feel like a paper floating on air originaly :D

As I mentioned in another thread, I hope this was unintended as I use it to get a lot of places.

If they nerfed it because of the Kerenzikov bunny-jump speed-exploit, I hope they can separate the physics between those two and give us back our Reinforced Ankle tendons!!

I've noticed that with reinforced tendons when you double jump and then dodge forward you conserve no momentum and fall straight down. It kinda feels like you hit a wall, it's weird. EDIT: I just tested it and it still feel normal to jump across rooftops but i immediately noticed when jumping across roads. IDK. Maybe they didn't change it and it is just me.

Last edited:
One thing I'm thinking (probably stupid), for those who are able to use it, the difficulty don't change anything ?
(because I suppose we all play in very hard).

The only benefit that it come in my mind now (except the fact it could makes some quest less easy), maybe it's "only" for make the other one "more" interesting. Because since day one, I have never buy nor installed the other leg cyberwares (double jump is way way better than all the other, a must have).

Like LeKill3rFou I have started another run and have not unlocked the leg cyberware yet and I have never installed the other jump cyberware.

I also agree that this "adjustment" (I refuse to call it a nerf) is to make the other jump cyberware more interesting and/or bring the height and distance more inline with it.

As someone who likes to explore, jump from rooftop to rooftop and walk around instead of using a vehicle, this had me pretty bummed.
Just noticed they significantly nerfed the Fortified Ankle jump. You cannot jump long distances anymore, if you try to use it to cross the street is not high or long enough and you get hit by cars, and I personally just feel like the chained a bola to my V's ankles. Not enjoying the exploring as much as I did before and that's kinda disappointing since I was receiving the patch with open arms.

Anyone else noticed it, and if you did, how do you feel about it?
So truth.
After this patch I even went to check my cyberware because I thought I had changed it.
The double jump was heavily nerfed.

@Sardukhar Same for me.

Reinforced Tendons function the same way: double jump works exactly as before. I'm talking about normal usage, not exploiting it for super speeding or something like that.

Oh f. Had to check it. And - good I have Reinforced Tendons. :D
And those are still great for all the rooftop parkours. Phew. Hope they won't 'balance' it.

For avoid to said something false, I tried the "test" jump on "GIG : Fifth Column". I think it's almost the highter you can jump/access with double jump.
And no difference at all in my case, and I didn't feel anything different during my wandering to go there. So I don't know :(
(funny thing, the dudes didn't despawn... they remain unconscious here).
0eb8885a-67ab-4bbd-92f6-e1ce4ebe28b8.PNGb671e14e-f1bd-46fe-b2a5-0f9abe61f6bd.PNG28f12081-2396-4a28-911a-893134321e22.PNG

For avoid to said something false, I tried the "test" jump on "GIG : Fifth Column". I think it's almost the highter you can jump/access with double jump.
And no difference at all in my case, and I didn't feel anything different during my wandering to go there. So I don't know :(
(funny thing, the dudes didn't despawn... they remain unconscious here).
Tried that in my game and I cannot reach the window anymore, also I cannot cross the streets with a single jump as before. I'm talking about the recharge jump one, not the double jumple.

Tried that in my game and I cannot reach the window anymore, also I cannot cross the streets with a single jump as before. I'm talking about the recharge jump one, not the double jumple.
Ah ok, may bad :(
Sorry, I never use this cyberware since day-one, so I don't know, I have nothing to compare. So You can also ignore all my stupid posts about that :)

Sorry, I never use this cyberware since day-one, so I don't know, I have nothing to compare. So You can also ignore all my stupid posts about that :)
Hey, your posts aren't stupid. Because you tested it we know the double jump was left intact, but not the recharge jump, so it personally reinforces my idea that it was accidental.
I stuck with recharge jump cause as insignificant as it sounds, double-tapping with any of my fingers adds pressure to my already busted wrist (even double tapping WSAD to evade inflicts pain), but it seems after this I just gonna learn to use the double jump until they fix this issue, if they ever fix it. :/

Hey, your posts aren't stupid. Because you tested it we know the double jump was left intact, but not the recharge jump, so it personally reinforces my idea that it was accidental.
I stuck with recharge jump cause as insignificant as it sounds, double-tapping with any of my fingers adds pressure to my already busted wrist (even double tapping WSAD to evade inflicts pain), but it seems after this I just gonna learn to use the double jump until they fix this issue, if they ever fix it. :/
Yep, not really "stupid" but totally out of subject.
Anyway, I don't know why, but I think if you manage to use it comfortably, it's possible you will never go back to other cyberware :)

Yes, it's noticeably different now. It feels a lot weightier, and I get much less height than I did previously.
So, an update - it's possible that this only impacts the Rare Fortified Ankles. I went to a ripperdoc and installed the Epic Fortified Ankles and I'm reaching the same height that I previously did with the Rare version.

I personally prefer the energetic feel of the Rare charged jump as opposed to the floaty feeling of the Epic, but I've switched over just to get the height again. Makes me hope that it is an unintended bug rather than a nerf...

The first thing I noticed after I got back into the game after the patch, is that charged jump is pathetic now.
It's not as if it was overpowered before, but rather it made the game way more fun to explore, so this change confuses me.
If it was done to make the "double jump" appear slightly less useless, then I don't think it was a good choice. If one modification sucks, I wouldn't want other ones to be dragged down to its level. For the note, I never used double jump, so I don't know how good it is. I just assumed it's worse than charged jump distance-wise.

I'm really glad about some of the changes but this one was a huge mistake. I can't imagine anyone being happy about it. Please change it back to what it used to be.

The first thing I noticed after I got back into the game after the patch, is that charged jump is pathetic now.
It's not as if it was overpowered before, but rather it made the game way more fun to explore, so this change confuses me.
If it was done to make the "double jump" appear slightly less useless, then I don't think it was a good choice. If one modification sucks, I wouldn't want other ones to be dragged down to its level. For the note, I never used double jump, so I don't know how good it is. I just assumed it's worse than charged jump distance-wise.

I'm really glad about some of the changes but this one was a huge mistake. I can't imagine anyone being happy about it. Please change it back to what it used to be.
It could be "simply" a bug, nothing is write about that in the patch note.
So for being sure, don't hesitate to report it.
- If it's intended, it's sad, but you really know at least.
- If it's a bug, it's the best way to see it fixed in the future patch.

Top Bottom