I love Cyberpunk, but what have you done with the jump?

+
- If it's intended, it's sad, but you really know at least.
- If it's a bug, it's the best way to see it fixed in the future patch.

Yes, I've raised a bug report, hopefully it gets looked at. If it is intended behavour, hopefully someone will be able to put a mod together to change the effect back, the same way that some clever person modded Yrden to be un-nerfed.

Thank you for letting us know, sent a report as well. I tried the other jump cyberware, but with my wrist and finger issue I can't tap fast enough, so I hope if they don't revert it back to normal someone indeed makes a mod to fix it :p

Yeah, sent report. It wasn't just the lackluster jump, but also the loss of momentum for Fortified Ankles. When you run while holding down the charge-key, previously the momentum carried through. Now it's been removed (?) At least it feels like it.

As someone who likes to explore, jump from rooftop to rooftop and walk around instead of using a vehicle, this had me pretty bummed.
Just noticed they significantly nerfed the Fortified Ankle jump. You cannot jump long distances anymore, if you try to use it to cross the street is not high or long enough and you get hit by cars, and I personally just feel like the chained a bola to my V's ankles. Not enjoying the exploring as much as I did before and that's kinda disappointing since I was receiving the patch with open arms.

Anyone else noticed it, and if you did, how do you feel about it?
Oh, really? I guess I was too busy with the nerf of my Overture.

As a deep-loving Quake lover, I should be able to notice a difference.
Do you think it's possible they nerfed your speed-boosting mods? Or, maybe the walking/running switch got broken? The latter is fixed by reloading the game.

I normally use the double jump combined with likely-faux strafe jumping to move faster. I tested it for myself here.

It is possible that there is a small difference compared to the previous build, but it would be hard for me to tell without extensive testing. I never invested in that in CP.

Jump distance is related to the speed at which you enter it. If you experience a nerf (perceived or not), maybe the update messed with your speed mod, character perks/stats, and such.

Oh, really? I guess I was too busy with the nerf of my Overture.
Did they? I never used Overture, so I didn't notice.
- Just for clarification, my game is vanilla, so no messed up mods.
- I always managed to get the charge jump (fortified ankles) before I ever put any speed mod in my clothes, and it always worked fine. Now I've tested the legs with and without speed mods, not working at all
- Remember that tall chainlink fence outside Claire's garage, where you find 3 6th street bangers shooting and talking? I used to be able to climb over that fence with a single jump, now I can't reach it. Same with windows and ledges that you could reach without effort, you cannot do that anymore.
- I specially noticed the change while running in the sidewalk plagued with NPCs, I'd jump above everyone's heads to avoid pushing anyone and being 'faster' while exploring. No when I jump, not only the distance is shorter, but I end up kicking them in them in the head cause the height as been reduce as well.
- I never used the double tap jump, but I tested it and it doesn't reach as much height as recharge jump either.
- SOmeone suggested it was affecting the rare legs. Changed to epic and still, not the same height.

I swear this isn't my imagination, I spent so many hours just running and jumping around exploring instead of playing missions that the change was very evident to me XD sent a report already, cause I refuse to believe they 'fixed something that wasn't broken'. I can understand that sometimes they make changes in the game and accidentally change others in the process. Hope you get an answer about your overture issue

Jump, maybe they didn't nerfed cyberware but changed something basic jump, without any leg cyberware and that may influence how leg cyberware works?

I was able to reach certain place in Watson, those NCPD missions where you need to find stash location after completing the first part and couldn't get on roof of one kiosk which I have always used to get to actual location of stash. Other thing was similar NCPD mission initiating in Watson and leading to Columbarium. I couldn't jump from Columbarium on or over low wall that close where the job closes. Getting inside wasn't a problem.

I'm on Xbox One X and did my previous run with 1.23 and I don't recall I had that issue on that playthrough.

If anyone can try if this is repeatable, it might help pinning down if there is a problem and if so, what causes it.

Jump, maybe they didn't nerfed cyberware but changed something basic jump, without any leg cyberware and that may influence how leg cyberware works?
After about 30 hours in "fresh" 1.3, I didn't feel any difference with the normal jump (used longer than usual, thanks to the valuable junk "nerf") and no difference with the double jump either. Nothing have change here :)
So I'm bet on a bug, because rare and epic charged jump were already different (you are able to hover few seconds with the epic one, if I understand right). But I have no "reference" for that, I never use these two cyberwares previously. Some sort of butterfly effect, something "unexpected" have unfortunately "nerf" the rare charged jump (fortified ankles).

I was able to reach certain place in Watson, those NCPD missions where you need to find stash location after completing the first part and couldn't get on roof of one kiosk which I have always used to get to actual location of stash.

That is Dirty Fred''s Stash probably.

The reason you can't get to the roof so easily anymore is that they changed the object properties of the roof's edge so V can't grab it anymore (even though the heigt is easily enough), for some reason - nothing to do with jump height.

BTW you can still get on the roof when you pull up one of the cars to the side of the kiosk, then use the car's roof to jump and pull yourself up on that air conditioning unit on the side of the roof.

That is Dirty Fred''s Stash probably.

The reason you can't get to the roof so easily anymore is that they changed the object properties of the roof's edge so V can't grab it anymore (even though the heigt is easily enough), for some reason - nothing to do with jump height.

BTW you can still get on the roof when you pull up one of the cars to the side of the kiosk, then use the car's roof to jump and pull yourself up on that air conditioning unit on the side of the roof.
Yep that was the place. Very good catch regarding changed object properties!

So, I went to the ripperdoc Octavio and put my Rare Fortified Ankles again and....it kind of half worked again. Every third jump was the way it used to be - full height and making the full charged jump sound as well. However, the other jumps were noticeably lower and didn't have the sound. I tried it on the road, next to the road and on a rooftop, but that didn't seem to make a difference. However, it does give me hope that this is a bug and not a hidden nerf.
Back to the Epic Ankles just for the height - I've gotten used to the floatiness, although running and jumping through the streets isn't nearly as fun as it was with the Rare ones.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I've raised a bug report, hopefully it gets looked at
So, I've gotten an email back from CDPR and yes, it does look like a bug rather than a feature. Nice!
We're aware of this issue and we're currently looking into it, thank you for reporting!

Last edited:
MORE NEON! This is not a DLC. It's a game breaking patch. Not being able to jump! This is one of my favorite 1.3 patch breaks!
Why can't we revert?

Same here (PC). Jump height with Fortified Ankles has been reduced. I am almost sure it's done on purpose to restrict our posibility to roam around and go places we were not intended to go. If so, it strengthens the feeling CP is not a real open world game :(

Same here (PC). Jump height with Fortified Ankles has been reduced. I am almost sure it's done on purpose to restrict our posibility to roam around and go places we were not intended to go. If so, it strengthens the feeling CP is not a real open world game
Not sure, if it was the "reason", why not also "nerf" the double jump ?
(still remains exactly the same as before, nothing have change).

Same here (PC). Jump height with Fortified Ankles has been reduced. I am almost sure it's done on purpose to restrict our posibility to roam around and go places we were not intended to go. If so, it strengthens the feeling CP is not a real open world game :(

They could easily increase the height of the invisible walls.

As for getting to places they don't want you to go, the flying katana-glitch hasn't been fixed after several patches and attempts.

To those spiderman without web like jumps i saw in cyberpunk videos on youtube always seemed like exploits to me, taking advantage of a bug. I never used them myself so i think its good they restricted it. That way the cyberware you needed for this is no more the non plus ultra , the must have it was to many players.

Top Bottom