I love Gwent

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
I don't believe you.
That's unfortunate.

I love playing Gwent since the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.
The fact that it's a mini game that has evolved to a real game is pretty cool. I wouldn't play this game for 600+ hours if I wouldn't like it. The most impressing aspect for me is that the servers are working so well. If you lose connection you will be reconnected very quickly.

Last edited:
Let's share the good aspects about Gwent.
  • no sarcasm
  • no complains about balancing issues
  • purely positive feedback
My love is conditional, I play games to have fun. This is not fun at the moment, hasn't been for the last two expansions.

I love the art and the universe of the Witcher, and the game mechanics are strong, I loved Gwent in TW3 and I love it as a whole game too.

Besides, it helped me to kills time while I was having a hard time in the hospital so it will always remains a special game to me :)

DC9V

Forum veteran
it helped me to kills time while I was having a hard time in the hospital so it will always remains a special game to me :)
speaking about hospitals, I'm suffering from migraines since my early childhood and Gwent is the only game that I can play when having soft migraines because it doesn't rely too much on physically fast reaction times

Last edited:
I was initially, and remain most enticed by the basic game mechanics — the structure of best of 3 rounds, an initial 10 card deck, 3 draws between rounds, and the Mulligan system. Excellent strategy in that alone.

Guest 4368268

Not the most creative answer, but the aesthetics including artwork, voicelines, music, the atmosphere has always been great/funny.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I don't believe you.
@Garrison72
Here's my invite link. Be quick before someone else grabs it!

(if there will be more people posting something like this, please take a close look at the link before you click it. Don't get scammed!)

i_love_gwent.jpg

*Please, don't actually respond to this because the topic is the exact opposite.

Let's share the good aspects about Gwent.
  • no sarcasm
  • no complains about balancing issues
  • purely positive feedback
It captures the feel of the games so well and it's its own thing, not just a HS wannabe striving for as much mass-appeal as possible.
It's my most played game for a reason, this is also why I'm so vocal about it.
When the stars align and you get that perfect match of wits where you and your opponent play around each other perfectly it's such a clever feeling. Something I never really got from other CCGs.

Also in what other card game would you see something like Parasite? And I must say despite having played the game to death some of those dwarf voicelines still crack me up every time.

And of course that squirrel in your pic is a big plus as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom