I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
sig970 said:
I don't normally post on forums, but this game is the best game of 2007. I'm playing through it for the 3rd time in the last 4 months. I enjoyed it even more than Crysis. The only coplaints I have are the load times, and the occasional crash on Vista. I have a moderate level system. E6600, EVGA 8800 GTS Superclocked, 3GB RAM. One thing I did do 3 days ago was to upgrade my bios from 2.1.2 to 2.5.3, and I haven't had a crash since. I am not an expert on bios, but could someone explain why this helped? I'm running the 1.2 patch, but I downloaded that when it came out. Anyway, fantastic game, with a rich story. I've recommended it to quite a few people.
So much for the bios update theroy. After playing through Chapter 1 and chapter 2 without a hitch, chapter 3 crashes just like it used too. Oh well. Waiting for the new patch.

I really love the game. I bought it yesterday for the last nights of my holidays. Hehe.It's the best RPG in the last few years. I played Final Fantasy until FFVIII an then it began to bore me. The only RPGs I rate good since 2000 are Gothic and NWN. And now i've got a new RPG to play - after a long time. The Witcher has a wonderful gameplay and a great story (not finished yet, but as far as I already played).I claim a new RPG of CDProject Red - but not The Witcher II, 'cause I don't like rehashed storylines.:)I am a programmer (hobby ;), begin to study sth. in this direction next year) myself and I know how much hard work is in The Witcher! Keep on producing games in this quality.

I only bought this game recently, and I delayed giving any comments until I managed to finish itOne full week of playing, and it sure as hell was worth it. This game is a masterpiece, an I salute CDProject Red for their work on it. The game is smart, mature deep and damn addictive... During the last few years nothing this good came out. NWN 2 Mask of the Betrayer came close, but not quite.All in all, I can't wait to see Withcher 2, or at least an expansion.. in the mean time we wait for EE :p

The only problem I have that isn't being fixed in The Witcher enhanced (I think) is how dark it can be sometimes. More ambient light needs to be added.

lucaskelly11 said:
The only problem I have that isn't being fixed in The Witcher enhanced (I think) is how dark it can be sometimes. More ambient light needs to be added.
I think it's intentional, to force you into using Cat. Well, maybe "force" is not the right word here, but you know what I mean...

RykNiedwiedzia said:
RykNiedwiedzia said:
I think it's intentional, to force you into using Cat. Well, maybe "force" is not the right word here, but you know what I mean...
Probably yeah, but when your not really interested in using alchemy on your first run through it can get a bit annoying. Oh and another thing I didn't like was how it puts away the torch/weapon after you open something, the darkness might not be so bad if you could keep it out. Anyone know if they are changing that in the future?

lucaskelly11 said:
Oh and another thing I didn't like was how it puts away the torch/weapon after you open something, the darkness might not be so bad if you could keep it out. Anyone know if they are changing that in the future?
A lot of people complained about that, but fixing it would require changing the basic engine architecture, so I guess you'll have to cope with it until the sequel. It's certainly not mentioned in any info about planned fixes.

Hi Guys,I Loved the Game this is my best Rpg for my Lives ;DI Hatet The German Synchronisation (Azar Javed I horrible German Speech)bye

I'd have to say this is one of the best RPG's and/or games Ive played, EVER! lol. They did such a good job with the story and the flow of the game, that when it ended, I wasnt disappointed one bit. When I play this game, I can see how they evolved the genre. They used everything they could without mushing things up. Oblivion was a great RPG, but it got boring and the main story was too quick. Final Fantasy just sucks cause its turn based... WOW is good, but its for little kiddies who want to be a horse who can run around. (Cant hate, got 3 lvl 70's epix!!!!!) hah. But this man blows everything out of the water. Cant wait for expansion/mods and the editor. I am real impressed with this game, I LOVE IT!!! hah. I didnt get the last cutscene though...? Someone PM me if you got it, I dont want to spoil the fun.

Dear Makers of The Witcher,Short version: Love it, love it, love it!Long version: I am astonished but thrilled at how much love and attention to detail have been lavished on this game. It's clear that the developers love the stories that The Witcher is based on, and the time and effort they've lavished on this game remind me of what Peter Jackson did with the "Lord of the Rings" movies. For example, the costumes for "The Lord of the Rings" were finished on the INSIDE, where the audience would never see them. When asked why he'd gone to the extra effort and expense that this entailed, Jackson said that the ACTORS would see the inside of the costumes, and having the costumes finished all the way would help them get into character better. That's ... slightly obsessive :) , but it did make for an incredible set of movies.That's the kind of love and attention that I sense when I play The Witcher. You guys love those stories, and you want to make this the best game ever, not just because that'll make a lot of money, but because you want to do right by the stories. I appreciate that so much!!And I love Geralt. He's so damned strong and capable, yet he's also vulnerable because of having amnesia. He's noble without being self-righteous or ridiculous about it. He has a sense of humor, but he's not trying to make a joke a minute -- he's not Sam and Max. And god, he's gorgeous, even with the scars. I usually like sweet, intellectual men -- the he-man type is usually NOT for me -- but god, I have such a crush on Geralt, I'm worse than a teen-ager about a rock star. I wish the prudish customs of my silly country hadn't made you have to censor the sex scenes -- I would have loved to have seen him in action. :)I've played a lot of RPG's over the years, starting with hack (the one BEFORE nethack) -- Might & Magic, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Wizardry, Neverwinter Nights, Titan Quest, too many to list or even to remember them all. But THIS game, this is something special. I love that it's not just the hints of sex and occasional use of profanity that make this a game for adults. It's a complicated world, where it's sometimes hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys, where you might have to tolerate a momentary evil (e.g., the attacks the non-humans make) to secure a lasting good (e.g., an end to institutionalized racism). One of the things I loved about "Speaker for the Dead" was that it turned out that nobody was truly evil once you understood them in context, not even the wife-beater, and that sort of humane vision, where everybody has their own story and good reasons for doing what they do, permeates The Witcher.You guys have convinced me! I've pre-ordered the US version of the book from Amazon.Thank you so much for making such a wonderful game and for raising the bar for RPG's in general. Love,Cory

Damn straight Geralt isn't Sam and Max. They probably would've been a great addition to the end of this game.Sam and Max vanquish GM.Sam: Huh, I can't help but feel like we've perverted history somewhat.Max: Who cares?!I liked the game a lot, but it does have many holes and unresolved conflicts. Out of the three 'spheres' personal, plot and political, only the political was resolved. When that was actually the least important to me (neutral). Very much looking forward to the EE, and I'm running through the game in its original form, going to take a different path, all that jazz. Thanks for the great game, don't stop improving it ;)

Corylea said:
Dear Makers of The Witcher,Short version: Love it, love it, love it!Long version: I am astonished but thrilled at how much love and attention to detail have been lavished on this game. It's clear that the developers love the stories that The Witcher is based on, and the time and effort they've lavished on this game remind me of what Peter Jackson did with the "Lord of the Rings" movies. For example, the costumes for "The Lord of the Rings" were finished on the INSIDE, where the audience would never see them. When asked why he'd gone to the extra effort and expense that this entailed, Jackson said that the ACTORS would see the inside of the costumes, and having the costumes finished all the way would help them get into character better. That's ... slightly obsessive :) , but it did make for an incredible set of movies.That's the kind of love and attention that I sense when I play The Witcher. You guys love those stories, and you want to make this the best game ever, not just because that'll make a lot of money, but because you want to do right by the stories. I appreciate that so much!!And I love Geralt. He's so damned strong and capable, yet he's also vulnerable because of having amnesia. He's noble without being self-righteous or ridiculous about it. He has a sense of humor, but he's not trying to make a joke a minute -- he's not Sam and Max. And god, he's gorgeous, even with the scars. I usually like sweet, intellectual men -- the he-man type is usually NOT for me -- but god, I have such a crush on Geralt, I'm worse than a teen-ager about a rock star. I wish the prudish customs of my silly country hadn't made you have to censor the sex scenes -- I would have loved to have seen him in action. :)I've played a lot of RPG's over the years, starting with hack (the one BEFORE nethack) -- Might & Magic, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Wizardry, Neverwinter Nights, Titan Quest, too many to list or even to remember them all. But THIS game, this is something special. I love that it's not just the hints of sex and occasional use of profanity that make this a game for adults. It's a complicated world, where it's sometimes hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys, where you might have to tolerate a momentary evil (e.g., the attacks the non-humans make) to secure a lasting good (e.g., an end to institutionalized racism). One of the things I loved about "Speaker for the Dead" was that it turned out that nobody was truly evil once you understood them in context, not even the wife-beater, and that sort of humane vision, where everybody has their own story and good reasons for doing what they do, permeates The Witcher.You guys have convinced me! I've pre-ordered the US version of the book from Amazon.Thank you so much for making such a wonderful game and for raising the bar for RPG's in general. Love,Cory
Very very good write up. Feel exactly the same - theyve made a great game here. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

storyline is beautiful - if anyone remembers the KOTOR twist, supposedly the greatest video game twist of all time **SPOILER ALERT** you are actually the bad guy with amnesia **END SPOILER** i saw that coming about a mile ago... but the witcher keeps surprising me, over and over again, and im only about 1/3rd through! bravo!now erm bugs... bcdedit took away the crashes for me permanently... but yeah, fighting is glitchy sometimes, and dialogue trees could use some work.my main beef is this: the same character models are used for almost everyone! well yeah i suppose to emphasise the rich-poor divide in temeria, maybe... but to have to look at the same fat guy and thin ragged old man over and over and over again... grah.but that said, loved it, still loving it.

i really liked the game but i didn't like the thing writes on the box of the game "there is no good no evil........." welll.... it is true there is no good but no matter which side you chose order/scoiatel or even stay neutral the game ends badly so evilness is everywhere in the game

SPOILERS!I've posted before about my love for the game. I've now finished it, and I'm afraid I do NOT love the ending.I never expected an ending where everyone was completely happy and every loose end was tied up. But I also didn't expect an ending where no questions were answered. (I haven't read the books yet because the first one won't be published in my country until next month, but I'm assuming that the game is a stand-alone story.)I was dying to know the answers to these questions:Did Geralt's friends truly see him die? If so, who brought him back to life and why? And why did they bring him back without his memory? And if his friends saw him seriously wounded, rather than killed, where the hell has he been for the past five years, and what happened to his memory?The King of the Wild Hunt implied that he resurrected Geralt in order to cause chaos and destruction, but I didn't believe that, for two reasons. For one thing, the King of the Wild Hunt puts the worst possible spin on everything we've done, as if his goal is to make Geralt feel bad. Everywhere we went, we chose the lesser of two evils, and we didn't CAUSE the chaos, we were dropped into the middle of it and did our best to end it by ending those who were doing the worst evil. So, if the King is lying about what we've been doing, why should I believe anything he says about who Geralt is or how he got here? For another thing, the Lady of the Lake also implies that she has resurrected Geralt, and the two demigods seem to have really different goals, so it's nearly impossible that they could be working together. It looks to me as if Geralt came back to life/was saved through some process we know nothing about, and he's such a useful guy that all of the powerful entities are trying to claim him as their own.I really thought the game owed us the answers to this basic question! Sure, leave some questions open for an expansion or sequel, but you've got the mysterious assassin for that.

Unbelieveable!!! I can't believe how good this game is. My wife hates me now because of the hours of gameplay spent on this thing. Finally a mature RPG with balls!

Top Bottom