I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
OH MY GOD. I've just finished the game and...[size=25pt]I'M SO F#$"%& IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME!![/size]Best game I've played in a long time. And trust me, I play a lot. I've played every hit of this gen and the past one, but the best about The Witcher is that it has a very deep and emotional story line! I can't stop playing! And it makes you get really involved with the characters and the world that you feel like you are really Geralt.Can't wait for enhanced editon...The only thing I've found bad in this game is the facial expressions. A more expressive characters will make the game a lot more interesting and real.but everything is so great. Please CDProjekt, make a secuel! ;)

Do you try "Garcia pt 1" on the testserver :whistle: A "must do" for all L2 followers.@JustrunawayFacial expressions will be improved in the EE as well. The entire gestures of characters are more plausbible to their actions. ;)

I love this game. Not quite as much as I love Dominions 3, but turn based strategy and computer RPGs aren't generally very easily comparable genres. Of its own genre, The Witcher beats everything else that I have seen while blindfolded and hogtied. I especially love the combat system and the variety of approaches to different things so that there is no single correct way of doing anything.The only thing that's a pain in the ass so far is the inventory system, which will be addressed in the EE. Another annoyance is that the journal entries in the Glossary appear out of order if you read something before something else, instead of the chronologically earlier stuff being inserted chronologically earlier. Having done documentation for various kinds of things both at work and on my free time, this annoys the crap out of me, out of all proportion to its actual impact. But it is still a minor annoyance.I love the world, the thematics, the characters, the atmosphere and the plot so far. Now if only if the books got translated to English quicker, I'd be even happier.

This is one of the best games i have played.Great graphics and great entertainment.I wish it was longer and some other mentioned places were available.Thanks for the game.

I LovedStory,Graphic,CharaktereI hatetwhich I do not like This blood in the Game much to darkness is colored, and no Decals occurs as actually in the Trailer unfortunate!!

A really great experience, should just have added some more replay value, like stats of choice from a former completed story, into a new harder or easier story playout.

Or @ least a better balance of experience points, enabling you to "max out" (or close to it) your skills by the last level without a lot of grinding - I would get close... but I was doing a lot of grinding to get there. (and yes, I did virtually all the quests - nipping that reply in the bud before it happens.....)

Zethh said:
A really great experience, should just have added some more replay value, like stats of choice from a former completed story, into a new harder or easier story playout.
I agree in a way, but with all the modding and adventures with the Djinni, it's becoming an expanded Witcher universe, which is a very nice thing.

Just wanted to say thanks for a great game! I picked this thing up today and I tell ya what, I am having a blast with it.I play W.O.W and I enjoy gathering things to make other things....I actually do not feel guilty going on a gathering spree in this gamebecause I know it is not costing me money to do so (lost game time, lost $$ on gathering rather than leveling)I have a few gripes with the game, but i shall wait for the EE to come out. Only had one crash to the desktop as well (that is why I am posting and not playing). Lucky it didcrash. Otherwise I would still be playing and I would not be getting much sleep tonight.I do have a couple of questions with regards to the graphics though.I can see (for lack of a better word) scan lines in the faces of some of the characters.....do you guys get this? It does not bother me, but I was just wondering.There is a considerable amount of delay between attacking and killing a monster and then being able to loot its corps....do you guys suffer this? Again, it does not bother me that much.Finally, do any of you folks out there in Witcher land find that first chapter confusing as hell ? :DI have not played an rpg like this in a ver long time. Does anyone else get flash backs of Return to Krondor at all when playing this game :D I love it!!!!!This game is great. Thanks again.Edit: I changed the Subject because it might make people think I am comparing the game to WOW.

Hello and welcome.You can play it now and when the EE comes out to see what's been improved. Better than sitting around idly anyway :)For your graphical problems, try turning off AF or increasing it to at least 8x. Also play around with depth of field if you are getting some stuttering in dialogue.The delay is quite annoying I agree. I thought it was better in 1.1a compared to 1.3, but its been a while since I played 1.1a. You can speed it up slightly by sheating your weapon after taking down the last nearby opponent though.First chapter was alright actually. Its probably one of the least linear chapters in the game :)

Whisperwind said:
Whisperwind said:
I have a few gripes with the game, but i shall wait for the EE to come out. Only had one crash to the desktop as well (that is why I am posting and not playing). Lucky it didcrash. Otherwise I would still be playing and I would not be getting much sleep tonight.
you're not alone :D :D I would play witcher through day if it wouldn't crash sometimes... XD or if my virus scan wouldn't turn on making witcher go to start line (how is that called? that minimizing) :D And ST_Ghost answered about graphics :)So, how much are you in progres? talking with everyone you can or just walking around? :D killing every moving creature or avoiding it? :D (sorry for my spelling :) )
Awww, I am being nice :)I have not left chapter 1 yet and I am still getting used to the way that this game plays. If I run across a monster then I stick a sword in it. I love to level my characters in these games.

Armatige said:
I have not left chapter 1 yet and I am still getting used to the way that this game plays.
Then you are in for a number of surprises :) I've played quite a lot of RPGs, but The Witcher is different. Enjoy :)

The delay in attacking and combat in general will be improved with the EE. And maybe Geralt will be blessed with more alertness when enemies are approaching. Alternatively, as ST_Ghost said, have your sword realdy to stroke when you see the wolf's medaillon is vibrating ]:->

Heh, I'm one of the late starters I guess :D Probably everything I'll say has been said already in one way or another, but anyway...The Witcher is, to me, easily the best computer roleplaying game I have ever played. Which isn't really hard to say, as most games categorized as "RPGs" belong to the genre mostly on the basis of having mechanics of a RPG, rather than being roleplaying games by nature. In fact, Witcher is probably the perfect response to people claiming that "computer RPGs can't ever come close to real RPGs" - I've been saying that for years myself, but this game has come closer than I ever thought would be possible. As such, I wouldn't say Witcher is there to redefine the genre (although I'd certainly like to see more games taking this direction). I'd ratherr say it is one of the few that tried to stay true to what RPG genre is really all about - the adventure, story and actual roleplaying the chracter. And in that it succeeded more than any other I've seen.

Ive played them all folks and I am so impressed with everything about this game. I bought it at first release and played it a little and left it for a while as my PC was slow and the game was bugged out. Ive come back to it with my new PC and thanks to the new patches Im enjoying this far more than all the RPGs that have come out since Neverwinter 1. Also I cant beleive how simular Age of Conan is to this although Ive given up on that to play thisl. If there was a co-op function for 6 players or somthing then this game would be perfect.....anyway well done DEVs ! :whistle:

It is very very awesme. The Witcher 2 or the next CD Project game can only be better. I love the attention to detail...if only it wasnt riddled with tons of bugs and kept crashing every 10 mins :(

It ain't so bad... try playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl (especially modded) -count your blessings

I just finished The Witcher for the first and what can i say it was fantastic. It was one of the best games i have ever played.
The story was great i would never have guessed the grand master was alvin, and with the last cut scene i was yelling at the laptop wanting more.
I seriously hope they make a second. Geralt is FANTASTIC!!!spoiler mark set by Petra Silie

fars33r said:
I just finished The Witcher for the first and what can i say it was fantastic. It was one of the best games i have ever played.
The story was great i would never have guessed the grand master was alvin, and with the last cut scene i was yelling at the laptop wanting more.
I seriously hope they make a second. Geralt is FANTASTIC!!!
well....That is a giantic spoiler..that might kill a lot of fun for lots of people..I would suggest to moderator to edit above post some way to hide what was spoiled :mad:

Top Bottom