I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
I really love the atmosphere that both the books and the games create, especially in some moments such as the lake (TW1) or the elven ruins (TW2), but I hate not being able to enjoy them as I did the first time... :/

I've only played The Witcher 2 myself on the 360. Personally, It's a game I WANTED to love, but clunky unintuitive controls and a terrible menu turned me off of it completely. I emailed CD Projekt Red on the matter of Witcher 3 controls, and was assured it would not be the same. If the controls for The Witcher 3 feel for lack of a better word fun and intuitive, and the menu is better, then I have no doubt it will be the best game of 2015.

I loved TW2, loved every nook and cranny of it. I loved the graphics, the perfect lighting, textures etc. The live atmosphere, the sounds of animals and leaves as you walk in the jungle. The voice acting, the quests. EVERYTHANG.

When TW2 came out, nobody saw me for a week.

I wonder how long it's going to be when TW3 comes out. :lol:

Beautiful Graphics

I don't have much to say other than I just began playing The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition 2 days ago and so far I am absolutely loving it. Especially the graphics. I haven't made it far in the game as of yet (Just made my escape and onto the boat), but I was constantly stopping to look out at the world while reliving some of Geralts memories. There's not much more to say than the game looks and is really good. Certainly looking forward to The Witcher 3.

Last edited:

I loved TW2, loved every nook and cranny of it. I loved the graphics, the perfect lighting, textures etc. The live atmosphere, the sounds of animals and leaves as you walk in the jungle. The voice acting, the quests. EVERYTHANG.

When TW2 came out, nobody saw me for a week.

I wonder how long it's going to be when TW3 comes out. :lol:
The rest of your natural born life, maybe? :)

I LOVE everything about Witcher lore in the books and CDPR's continuation. Amazing mediaval-fantasy content, just like the Lord of The Rings lore.

I have no doubt that CDPR's Witcher trilogy will end up as my #1 or #2 game(s) of all time. Right now it's between Half-Life 2 / Witcher / Skyrim for me :)

Last edited:
I love Witcher 2 but there is one thing that doesn't belong in this setting : bombs , at least some of them .
I understand things like Devil's Puffball or Stenchbulb (the only ones i actually use ) , they may be plausible but : - Grapeshot ??? - Dancing Star ??? . Wtf ? Those are hand-grenades , who will fight sword and shield in this world when you can just throw hand grenades at your enemy ? They should at least do some shitty damage like 8-10 with a 10% chance of incineration to have some degree of realism , the way they are is just ridiculous . I think ten dwarfs with a bucket of dancing stars each are enough to hold Vergen . I know , don't like them - don't use them but still , in my opinion they don't belong in this game.

I haven't finished TW2 yet(i am finishing act II in Roche's path),but TW1 is by far better than TW2.Maybe it is my crappy PC that prevents me from enjoying TW2,maybe it is the fact that i already knew the major plot points before i started the game(on tye other hand i was only aware of TW1's beggining and ending),but TW1 has such a great atmosphere and story.

Vyzima,especially the Temple quarter,is far more interesting than both Flotsam and Vergen...The atmosphere in TW1 is more gritty,whereas TW2 has a lighter tone.TW1's story kept me in the edge of my seat(well,sort of) pushing me forward to advance the campaign,while TW2's story isless interesting,making me play the game out of "obligation".Sure,the politics are generally intriguing and more morally grey than TW1's story,but i don't like how they are combined with Geralt's amnesia.Finally,TW1's gameplay was equally shared between fighting humans/elves etc and fighting monsters,while TW2 focuses too much on fighting armored knights etc.Still,i haven't finished the game yet,so my opinion may change slightly by experiencing first hand what i heard/read/watched etc

The Witcher 3...I have really looking forward to this game.I hope it truly delivers,because if it does,it will surely become one of my favourite games of all time,if not the most favourite.Everything looks perfect and so many previewers claim that they had the gaming experience of their lives.That surely sets expectations really high.We shall wait and see

Looks like Gopher, one of the YouTubers that were invited to the recent Witcher 3 event, really liked The Witcher 1. His LP in general was very enjoyable and I think he made a really good video review of the game. He seems to touch on most of the important points, while still acknowledging the game's flaws:

Last edited:
Some game franchises do not deserve their success.

It has been, and still is a complete mystery to me how some gaming franchises manage to survive financially, and more over THRIVE doing little else but making empty promises, driving the hype-train and delivering title after title of cookie cutter game-play glazed with a bland sauce of AAA style graphics.

It's a plague (*cough* EA) that has haunted the gaming industry for over a decade now, and has left old school PC gamers like myself and many others with an empty feeling in the gut that was once filled with the satisfaction of playing a game that met those emotional niches which are simply to elaborate, outlandish or expensive to pursuit in real life.

Fortunately for us there are exceptions to what has sadly become the rule, and CPR is certainly one of those exceptions.

Unlike many here, I'm sure, I've only recently discovered The Witcher franchise. For some reason that i have only myself to blame for, I had previously discarded The Witcher games as being just more cookie cutter filler in the AAA realm. It was only due to a friend essentially harassing me into buying and trying The Witcher 2 that I finally, and I might add reluctantly, tried out a few hours in the shoes of Geralt The Witcher.

And boy, am i glad I did! About the first half hour of playing was all skepticism and prejudice on my part... the following couple of hours were all full of "wow", "awesome!" and "daaaamn". Everything I've seen so far has just been amazing; the story, the mechanics, the locations, the moral choices, the graphics, sound, and especially the no bars hold complete and utter disregard for modern day BS politics. Truly a mature game for mature players. That little aspect alone makes this game special... the fact that it's damn good to boot just makes it an instant classic. Atleast as far as i'm concerned.

Really, really good stuff.

And as if that wasn't enough, there's a sequel, and it's already here, and it looks amazing! I dread to get my hopes up, but after playing The Witcher 2, I just can't HELP but be excited about The Wild Hunt, and I just can't HELP but expect more of the same. And hell... if The Wild Hunt is half as good as The Witcher 2, it'll still be amazing.

I wont touch it though, oh no, not till i finished The Witcher 2 up and down and sideways! Cause really, something like this, has to be properly enjoyed, and not rushed through.

So yeah, instant fan here, and if you CPR guys are reading this; You guys are awesome! I hope you guys will be making games for decades, and will keep saying "F*** politics" every step of the way.

CPR is certainly one of those exceptions

You summed up my own thoughts quite nicely. I found the first Witcher around 2010 and it took me a long time to get myself to really play it, but once I did I became hooked. It has been difficult recently to look over these forums and see so many negative ideas surrounding the launch of this game. It is no surprise, the "rule" is that we as gamers are going to be fed a game full of empty promises, left only to sit and remember the "good ole days" when games simply blew you away. Thank you CDPR for continuing to hold my faith in the gaming industry. Other developers will not be directly influenced by your contribution, but it is my hope that gamers see what you have done and begin to demand it of other developers, only then can things change.

CDProject, once you,ve been my hero. I remeber when i first installed and then opened Witcher 2 on my PC i was marveled by those graphics. My PC, it couldn't manage with easy those impressive graphics, so i buyed the best graphic card from Nvidia for that time just to play Witcher 2 in all of it glory. After some time you start talking about this new project Witcher 3, you present those amazing gameplays from 2013. Man i was so hype,... i pre-order it for about 2 years by now. And 19 May 2015 comes, i was running to my usual game shop, i've grabbed the game, drived like a crazy back to home installed the game, and when the first image pop into the screen i was like ..... what? CDProject YOU LIED TO ME !!! You sold me the same game with the same graphics as on PayStation 4. I have bought Witcher 2 on PC on a retail version, then i boughted on Steam, I bought Witcher 1 on Steam and GOG. But you with this one you just LIED TO ME! Witcher 2 have better graphics then Witcher 3. I know will be a lot a people who will say "graphics doesn't matter". YES THEY ARE! Because you promise something that we paid for. And YOU DON'T deliver it All those videos and gameplays videos from 2013 was only SMOG. You got my money now, but that will be tha last time you lied and cheat me. I SWEAR I would pirate all you future games from now on. IS WHAT YOU DESERVE !

To those that are complaining about how the game looks, you're blind or need a better computer. I waited to get a new rig for this game and even upgraded the video card over what came with it ( I got this game and Batman free with it so quite the deal). Even before the latest patch it looked fantastic. Now it runs even better with even more sliders being maxed out making the eye-candy pop even more. The game play is improved over Witcher 2, i wasn't a fan of that combat and so far the story and world has me totally enthralled. Is the game perfect? There are some things that could be tweaked and since they are already doing more than most developers would have this soon I'm not worried in the least. This exceeded my expectations and don't regret upgrading to play this. Thanks CDPR the game is excellent.

this game optimization is amazing if you know how to editing the xml file
i got around 20-36 fps on my quad core q6600 and HD6570
that fps will not be problem cuz i love this game so much

Top Bottom