I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
i love this game. this is my favorite game from my collection. only last addon "cena neutralnosci" is middle chapter but no voices. thanks everyone who made it this game. (my english isn't my stronger side)

[quote author=Daerdin link=topic=4826.msg167988#msg167988 dat :-\e=1194774608]As many of you - dear users - start new topics jus :-\t to say how much you liked the game or how much you are disappointed with it I suggest putting all you opinions here in this single topic. Hope this helps keeping our board nice and neat ;)[/QUOTE] ???

mariusz10 said:
[quote author=daerdin link=topic=4826.msg167988#msg167988 dat :-\e=1194774608]as many of you - dear users - start new topics jus :-\t to say how much you liked the game or how much you are disappointed with it i suggest putting all you opinions here in this single topic. Hope this helps keeping our board nice and neat ;)
???[/quote]

Loved this game - finished it twice now and for me it is one of the best games I have played so far along with the baldurs gate and neverwinter nights series. I have also played Oblivion however and found this as boring as hell! I now want to buy other games in this genre but the trouble is most of the reviews are done by the website owners who have a vested interest in whatever they promote (and I suspect get backhanders by the industry to promote their particular game). So - do any of you have recommendations on any other PC games that are good? (Obviously not as good as this one!)

ohsosweet said:
Loved this game - finished it twice now and for me it is one of the best games I have played so far along with the baldurs gate and neverwinter nights series. I have also played Oblivion however and found this as boring as hell! I now want to buy other games in this genre but the trouble is most of the reviews are done by the website owners who have a vested interest in whatever they promote (and I suspect get backhanders by the industry to promote their particular game). So - do any of you have recommendations on any other PC games that are good? (Obviously not as good as this one!)
You can try the first two parts of the "Gothic" series - the first installment of the saga is probably the only PC game when you start actually feeling small and insignificant, and have to claw your way to greatness (in "Gothic 2" this feeling is also present, but not to such an extent). "Gothic 3" has been widely criticised, however, and very few people actually like it, so it's up to you if you want to give it a try.Since you say you've already played BG and NwN, you probably also know "Planescape: Torment", but if you don't, well, there's a game to love.Maybe something old? Yes, even older than BG - "Albion" and the first part of the "Lands of Lore" saga are also brilliant games to play.And, to finish off - if you don't like any of these games, there is always traditional RPG... And you can't go wrong with that ;)

Hello Everyone that's played and Loved / Hated this game.I fall into the Loved pile.Being an old rpg'er I have to say wow. As I've played many a game in my 54 years, from Ultima I to Ultima IX - from the first Online Graphic game "The Realm" from Sierra Online to the now ever popular World of Warcraft and the soon released version of Conan, I was very amazed to find a game of this depth and just down right fun. Having participated in many Beta's and helped in a small way in the development of a few games I was happy to come across The Witcher. Not only did it take up a week of my time, some nights all the way to 3am just to get to that next chapter, but it kept me amused and entertained for all of that time. So I tip my sword to you all, and say well done.I look forward to the release of the Enhanced Version as I'll gratefully lay down my pouch for the opportunity to see any and all improvements you've made to a great game and I also hope that one day a Witcher II will be released.Just Me,Tim

Oh my god.... I love it. I was shaking when I was about to buy this game I didn't spend so much money on a game in a long time 49.99 I had to be crazy but yeah I red the books and I loved them and I just culdn't pass on this game. So I bought it at first I was man I hate playing this thing (didn't read the manual) but yesterday after few hours of playing I got to chapter I (no crashes, good load time) and now I am hooked. It was everything that I excpected. Would buy it again in an eye blink.

I love it. It took be abit how to fight. Now I know how to fight "down the drowners" I loving it. I describe the game as "The Witcher is a colourful game meaning all the different things I have to do besides the fighting, meeting new characters and the jobs I have to do to proceed with shades of grey meaning this game is not clear cut. I know what is my goal is but there a lot of seedy characters in this game that makes Geralt more human then others." I live is Australia and I LOVE my version of the game.Gerza71

I love this game. The Witcher is my favourite RPG game. Gothic was good, but IT is THE BEST. CDP RED: Thank you!

:'( I hate that stupid Geralt...dropping from a cut scene and he attacks a group of Salamanders. Hey, who is in control: me or the game? And then he draws the torch to attack..Yeah, he is dead now and I have to start before the last save game, have to drink some potions before that cut scene.Conclusion: I do not like the game, because it is more an interactive movie instead of a game. Also, you often need out of game information about what is going to happen so you prepare Geralt for things he cannot know ingame. From a RPG perspective this isn't right.

Beeszz said:
Also, you often need out of game information about what is going to happen so you prepare Geralt for things he cannot know ingame.
Can you elaborate? I can't think of any such situation... ???I'm not trying to force you into loving the game, or argue with your point... I'm just curious ;)

RykNiedwiedzia said:
Can you elaborate? I can't think of any such situation... ???
I will try to explain..I see it like this..I wrote the above post after the visit to the Detective in Scene II. But it resembles the situation with slaying the Beast. After starting the talk with the Detective you start a long sequence that ends in Geralt eavesdropping the Salamanders and then being attacked by them without you can do a thing. Normally I would expect Geralt to prepare for a fight before he engages: drinking potions, having a good sword in his hand, right attack mode. Now he just drops in, and because you don't know what is going to happen when you start the first talk with the Detective, you cannot be prepared. So, the first time you probably will lose the fight. Now that you know what is going to happen, you can go back to a previous save game and be prepared for the Salamander fight. This is what I mean: you use information about things that are going to happen in the future. Things that Geralt cannot know and for me this conflicts with the RPG feeling. It would have been better to stop the sequence just before the fight: Geralt sees the enemies and can prepare for what he sees. Yeah, maybe I am a nerd ;D ;D
RykNiedwiedzia said:
I'm not trying to force you into loving the game, or argue with your point... I'm just curious ;)
That said, I can see a lot of effort has been done to make a beautiful game and can understand a lot of people loving it. For me, I would have liked it better if I, as a player, would have been a bit more in control of the game.

Like it, live it, love it, like i knew not love before.First day of serious playing, 10 hours later still needing breakfast.Thanks for a quality game. Top banana :p

Loved the game, a good start for CD-PROJEKT, expect the few crashes ;). I actually love the small focused scope when you can talk to nearly every NPC and enjoy something else than random and repetitive talks. I also appreciate the fact that some small choices have real consequences (the elves and the weapons), but you could have done more of them. I would have liked to see more of everything and perhaps a longer game, with increased difficulty for combats that would make the system more interesting. This game revive so much the "classical" RPG genre on PC that when I finished it I reinstalled Baldur's Gate 2 in a burst of nostalgy to keep me waiting until the enhanced version release to start my second Witcher game.

I was just passing on bioware mass effect forum, reading a lot of complaints about the new copy protection system.. And just want to say THANK YOU for all you do concerning the witcher.you listen to us about our fear about securom, you listen to us about making a playable demo, you listen to us about the toolset, and you keep your promise about update.By this post, I just want to congratulate you for all your work, and you deserve my trust. CheersJean.an honest registered users.

it's so silly opening a topic named love it vs hate it how can a person hate the witcher it's a perfect game except for a few things and errors but even with these things it still makes me pity to producers for they can't have much more fun than us playing the game cause they knew every little bit about it

callofstalker said:
it's so silly opening a topic named love it vs hate it how can a person hate the witcher it's a perfect game except for a few things and errors but even with these things it still makes me pity to producers for they can't have much more fun than us playing the game cause they knew every little bit about it
And yet, if you read through this topic, you can find people who actually DO hate "The Witcher".

A fascinating story. The gameplay is a bit into the "twitchy" end for my tastes. I'd really prefer not to have to click every attack. But I can live with it. The load screens are nightmarish, no two ways about it. I'm glad they will be addressed in the Enhanced version. But all in all, a very good, if not flawless, game.

Top Bottom