I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
Agreed. Regrettably, though, played through probably six times.. the last 3 on hard - only can "same ol', same ol' " so many times until your bored. NEED SEQUEL. (back to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for now - still like shooting stuff.)

fiznerpin said:
Agreed. Regrettably, though, played through probably six times.. the last 3 on hard - only can "same ol', same ol' " so many times until your bored. NEED SEQUEL. (back to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for now - still like shooting stuff.)
Lol. Yeah same here, not with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. though. Still love the game, but am taking a month or so off then a full one back. Maybe I'll work on posting here! ;D

love it!! ;DI played 10hrs straight after installing the game..and it was great.. :Dwill play more...heheheh...the poll results: a big landslide win for witcher..

yorkfield said:
love it!! ;DI played 10hrs straight after installing the game..and it was great.. :Dwill play more...heheheh...the poll results: a big landslide win for witcher..
I wonder why that is? ROFL :beer:

Very good game. But I wanted combat mode would be more tactic with manual block and dodge for example. :p

Best RPG I've played in a long time, can't wait for enhaced version, I just love every pixel of this game. Looks so beautiful and with a 22' wide the inmersion is great. Its like disconnecting from the real world for a couple of hours. PLEASE, SEQUEL OR PREQUEL, WE WANT MORE THE WITCHER!!

DevilRath said:
Great RPG love how you can come out with many different outcomes for what seem like simple choices!!! :peace:
Agreed.After chapter II, I actually started catching myself staring at the monitor, weighing my options in dialogs, wondering how this would effect later events.So many games have promised a non-linear storyline, this one actually delivered. So much like life, in that any seemingly minor decision can have a ripple effect later.

Hellspwan said:
Hellspwan said:
Great RPG love how you can come out with many different outcomes for what seem like simple choices!!! :peace:
Agreed.After chapter II, I actually started catching myself staring at the monitor, weighing my options in dialogs, wondering how this would effect later events.So many games have promised a non-linear storyline, this one actually delivered. So much like life, in that any seemingly minor decision can have a ripple effect later.
Totally agree! :D

On the one hand, I like the storyline, and the "abilities" system is a welcome break from the "standard" D&D-spinnoffs of everything else on the market, even if it doesn't make any more sense than what it replaces.In the niether-here-nor-there category, the graphics look very nice, except for the way Geralt often looks like he's "dangling" from the sword in the Iso views, rather than holding it up.On the other hand, why would you have to re-learn the same move with a silver sword that you already know with an iron sword? The whole fast/strong/multiple combat style thing may work as a "game balance" mechanism, but it's incredibly stupid and unrealistic as a concept. Having to learn each of them independently for each weapon is an obvious "point sink", NOT a rational character advancement system. Alchemy isn't a "system" either, it's a set of disconnected "powerups" and "enablers" You don't "learn" alchemy, you just collect formulas. Ultimately, the character advancement system isn't a set of 100+ "skills", it's a collection of "perks" atop an underlying base of only about half a dozen skills. To make it even more limiting, there is no Ranged combat skill, and no way to advance in the use of any of the other melee weapon types besides swords.The game might best be described as "multi-linear", since it's definitely not a "free-form" world. If it weren't for the constant interruption of the game by loading screens, it would feel a lot less disjointed. As it is, it feels like a collection of tiny "mazes", and there seems to be a lot of area between the "paths" which is inaccessable to the character (no fence-hopping).Then I find that, in spite of being "rated" for Mature players, it's actually a censored version of the game. My computer setup may not be a "state of the art" dedicated "gamer" system, but it's a big step up from "vanilla". The EN85000GT TOP NVIDIA card I'm using runs the game smoothly for about 15-20 minutes, then the video begins to self-destruct into either random pixels or else an expanded view of an individual "texture", such as a face or piece of wood grain stretched across the entire screen. It took me about 5-6 reloads just to make it out of Kaer Mohren (sp?).After a couple of hours and about 6-7 reloads, which was enough to get a taste of the character advancement system and bizarre weapon "perks" chart, I decided that I really didn't like this game. Since I've already paid for it, and can't get my money back, I'm eventually going to try to force my way through at least part of it.

Top Bottom