I love Suicidal Pavetta

+
I love Suicidal Pavetta

So I decided to make a Radovid control deck, there is an interesting combo using ressers (specially Shani) + pavetta to keep the the board clean.

First thing is to cast a strong gold card, like Geralt. Then keep using pavetta to kill any unit with less than 4 strenght. Thing is Pavetta dies, but she will be only unit at the graveyard. Then you keep ressing her everytime any unity with less than 4 strenght appear at enemy board. The grand finale is using Shani + Pavetta, wich allow her to kill cards with more than 4 power without killing herself.

It was very useful against those pesky Scoiatel units and Monster breed cards and the horde of Poor Infantry card. Pavetta is a poor suicidal girl that keeps the cockroaches units away!

She is immune to Mardroeme because she kills herself! Then with Shani she is GOLD! OOOOOO YEAAAAAH! Please keep killing yourself Pavetta dear!

She is kinda creepy. A common doctor ress her. She kills the weak enemy units, the saving doctor included, then she kills herself and other unit with 4 strenght. With Shani she is cured of her suicidal behavior but keeps killing anyone near enough.

Last edited:
Fine, I'll just have a Monster eat her for dinner. Or have Uldalryk/Caretaker abduct her.

hm, sounds like a possible counter to mercenary/commando spam

they'll still thin the ST player deck before they die but at least ST will likely lose the first round

I assume she doesn't trigger the second time if she kills herself when the weakest unit has 4 str (unless resurrected by Shani), does she?

Nope. And that makes her a reliable card at last round with Shani. I tested Pavetta at several ranked maches, she is solid board cleaner but must be used with caution. Well used she is a beast. The control deck that shines with her involves lowering the stronger units just enough for her to kill. Shani + Pavetta can clean the board at last round regardless of enemy unit strenght as she is turned gold. Octovist, Lacerate and weather cards are her friends. Problematic enemy cards involve very weak enemy units like Priscilla or Skellige ressers and Baron resser as they make her stopping power lower and usually avoid her suicide. Most of the times it is very important for her to be suicidal because you may want to ramdom ress her but she may also polute the graveyard unintended speciall at last round.

Pavetta is terribly fun to play with but is not reliable. I move around in the top 500-1,100 ranked and even at that second-tear level there just isn't any room for using her and I did try extensively. Hence why I never run into anyone else using her. Too much effort and too unreliable with takedowns when you could be using shani with better power strats.

Top Bottom