I love Witcher 3 but I truly despise Gwent. Please CD Project Red, give us back Dice Poker. PLEASE

+
I love Witcher 3 but I truly despise Gwent. Please CD Project Red, give us back Dice Poker. PLEASE

Dear Cd Project Red.

I am loving the game. The many features, the exploration, the combat, all of it.

But I am getting sick of gwent. I am following guides. Buying all cards I can. Playing and playing. And losing and losing. Fair enough. Same thing happened in Dice Poker in Witcher 1 and 2. No problem.

My problem...is when I play against some random merchant in Novigrad. Not an expert or something. And He plays...3 !! 10 power cards and 1 7 power card versus my 4-5's and such. In dice poker everything was RNG. I loved that. Kept me on the seat of my chair. It was awesome and I had a fair chance on winning. Won some lost some. I kept at it.

But here... What...am I possibly supposed to do. I can handle RNG. But what I can't handle is a game thats so pay to win oriented which is SUCH...a shame. I dont like running all over the world due to some IGN gwent card walkthrough in order to win a few matches versus some random merchant betting only 10 gold max who has this super OP as hell deck.

With that said. Im not a card player. I dont like working inside my games. I just wanna play, have fun and Dice poker was exactly that. You just sat down, made a bet, rolled the dice and allowed fortune to handle the rest.

I am trying and trying gwent but it strikes me as lackluster, unfair and considering a random merchant having 3 10 power cards...HIGHLY unbalanced as well.

I hope...no wait...I PRAY you guys will consider porting some kind of Witcher 1-2 dice poker in Witcher 3, because horse racing and fist fighting --which is great fun--- is lacking the highly loved game from the originals that is dice. Gwent is work, not fun. I wanna relax while playing some of these mini-games. I can't in Gwent because unlike dice poker where RNG could decide the outcome of the MOST UNLIKELY situation and grant you victory at the brink of defeat. Gwent here...determines the outcome of a battle the moment the game starts because the deck which is premade...is either stronger or weaker.

I dont care if its gonna be DLC or gonna take months... I just really hope you will consider putting Dice Poker back in the game because no matter my deck, no matter my victories, no matter my reward. I think that if I manage to unlock the romance option with the Madame through Gwent...I will...never... play gwent again. And that...is sad. Whereas poker I enjoyed playing however, whenever because it was fun, relaxing and completely balanced. Expert player or not. It was all chance. Gwent doesn't have that and like you self highlighted in your post; Its a pay to win mini-game. Well Cd Project Red. I love WItcher 3...but I really...really...dont like that game which bothers me since I wanna explore all the features of Witcher 3 with joy.

Please consider Dice Poker no matter how tricky or time consuming which you might doubt we'll be able to handle it is. We, your fans are patient and understanding and many of us would like Dice back.

Dear CD Project Red...This game, guys... is the last Witcher game we get with Geralt in focus. Please...please dont rob us the features that make The Witcher game we know and love.. what it truly is.

Please consider it. Please.

Last edited:
i disagree. i enjoy Gwent very much. it requires thought and strategy (and just a little bit of luck).

in dice poker, it is just luck and probability. do a quick save b4 u play, play and if lose, reload and repeat until u win. total waste of time and fully exploitable.

Gwent while also dependent on luck (what cards u draw onto your hand) will not make u exploit it like dice poker making it totally meaningless.

And your opinion is supposed to compel the developers to change it on your behalf.

That being said, perhaps dice poker can be included, but it shouldn't replace Gwent...

Yeah... you should try building up your deck in Velen before moving to play in Novigrad if you haven't done so already. The players there are crazy hard if you have an average deck like I do.

I find Gwent to be better than even Heartstone...that's how much I'm enjoying it.

I even considered to buy the XBox 1 version of the CE to get the actual card pack (instead of the PC one).

I haven't tried Gwent yet. But I'd like to have dice poker in the game. I don't even know the rules of poker, yet I liked it in previous Witcher games...

I have finished something like 60-75% of the game and i have played barely Gwent, maybe 3-4 times, but i don't really have an interest so far in it. So if you don't like it, don't play it.

Sure, there are some quests, which recommend playing Gwent, but that doesn't mean you have to do it.

There was a quest in Novigrad where you had to gather some information by playing against NPCs, but rather than playing i just confront and attacked them. The game doesn't force you into playing it, there is always a backup plan, well, except for those quests that really require you to play it. Can't really avoid it in a tournament :)

And your opinion is supposed to compel the developers to change it on your behalf.

That being said, perhaps dice poker can be included, but it shouldn't replace Gwent...

Im not saying it should replace gwent at all. Im just saying I'd like it in the game since its always been there and I enjoyed it very much. And I hope my opinion will help alter their decision because they care about their playerbase and I highlight that I miss Poker.

---------- Updated at 04:48 PM ----------

Yeah... you should try building up your deck in Velen before moving to play in Novigrad if you haven't done so already. The players there are crazy hard if you have an average deck like I do.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks sir. Even though I dont really like Gwent I keep trying. I wanna explore all of Witcher 3's features. Though I'd prefer doing so meanwhilst having fun like I was while playing poker in earlier games.

Gwend IS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! i love it....can't get cards tho....but still wrecking with my,mostly,basic northen relms deck!

It never cheats... you can use more than 10 cards too? Have you been reading card descriptions? Often there are cards that let you bring more cards from your unused deck or draw more cards. By the way, the way you beat a player that has a bunch of 10s and 7s while you have 4s and 5s is by using strategy rather than just putting one card to his one card.

There are cards to make those 10s into 1s and you need to pack a few of those into your deck. You should also get cards that double the value of your row or that double the value of each other when put together. The game doesn't cheat nor does it make gwent into an impossible feat, certainly not in the first 30-40 hours that I've played at least. You do have to use fairly minimal strategy but nobody is forcing you to play gwent if you don't like it. I would welcome dice poker as a DLC, sure...

It would be really really fun if you werent handicapped by your opponent having the best and most rarest cards whether they are a peasant or a nobleman. You have to rely on luck instead of strategy so you are constantly reloading until it finds you.

While I'd love to see dice poker back, Gwent is far better. I hope CDPR make it a stand alone game. What Damien and Rafal created is worthy of that.

Gwend IS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! i love it....can't get cards tho....but still wrecking with my,mostly,basic northen relms deck!

I agree, I was not going to even play as I don't like games within games usually, but I love Gwent. I beat a guy who had 10s and scorch cards yesterday with a basic deck. I beat him with my last card, the horn buff. It was so close. I got a Yennifer card as a reward.

I agree, I was not going to even play as I don't like games within games usually, but I love Gwent. I beat a guy who had 10s and scorch cards yesterday with a basic deck. I beat him with my last card, the horn buff. It was so close. I got a Yennifer card as a reward.

9 times out of 10 you wouldnt have beat him. What is the point in reloading and reloading and reloading until you get lucky, its just not fun. Why does EVERYONE have godly decks?

Loving GWENT. It's as if, and this is one hell of a odd comparison, MAGIC 2015 were actually a good Card Game. Strategy, Tactic and some luck required to win at GWENT (Until someone finds a way to exploit it) Definitely keep GWENT in the game, It's a neat mini-game.

That being said I do miss Dice Poker, and hope to see that be included as one of the FREE* DLC packs. Having both would be lovely, and just gives people choice between DICE or GWENT. ^_^

Top Bottom