“I Love You”?

+
Honestly, it makes sense for the characters not to fall in love with you in such a short time. To feel emotional attachment to someone in one or two weeks is perfectly normal, but to say "i love you" would be premature and forced.

I don't like when games do the opposite, forcing you to develop a love story in a short amount of time. Baldur's Gate 2 springs to mind. In the "Throne of Bhaal" expansion, you can have a child with this elven NPC (Aerie). The pregnancy lasts 33 in-game days, iirc (don't really remember if lore-wise it makes sense for elven women to be so "fast" in D&D setting) and the whole birth scene is basically one dialogue (which can happen mid-quest without any warning, between killing a Demogorgon and a dragon, for example). The dialogue is something like, "Oh, stop guys, think i'm having the baby! Wait a sec... Ok, done. Isn't he beautiful?" Like, wtf?

She was definitely building up to saying something affectionate, though as a serial Judy romancer I might be reading too much into it.
Dammit, V. You ruined it!
Judy said she wasn't very good with expressing her feelings. But when she said she was happy
for the first time in her life. You knew right then she was in love with V. She may not have used the words "I love you" but you knew it right then.
She was about to though before V cut in about breakfast.

Last edited:
I liked Panam and Judy in their own way. If there was a choice with a love line for Vee men with Judy, I would still choose Panam.

As others have said, for most people it would be a bit soon for that. I can see River confessing his love ultra quick because they wrote him as a bit needy. I remember my V was in a thing with Judy but then when I did River's questline there's a point where he says, "I miss you" :/ And I was like, huh? Dude, I saw you yesterday and also we're not a thing. Not even close pals. Anyway, I digress.

I was more confused by the fact that Judy doesn't really do anything after you tell her about the relic chip that's overwriting your brain :/ Like, after you finish her questline, you would think she would be anxious to help YOU out for a change. Instead she's just full-time chillaxing by her window. Given her expertise in doll chips you'd think she'd at least want to take a look.

Well, only romanced Kerry and no, he never says the L-word. Though imo he doesn't have to with the way he phrases things in certain dialogue options lol. It's pretty clear how he feels. However, too bad V didn't have the option to tell him either, would have done that.

There is definitely love in this story, although the setting doesn't allow much for its (verbal) expression. There could have been exceptions, but the characters would have had to be more thoroughly developed than what we currently have. As some here have said - perhaps in DLCs? We shall see.

Insta-love isn't impossible if two people really click, and I know this from experience. The harsh environment where everyone is out for themselves can make individuals feel alone and starved for a connection, and that could actually bring closer those who feel the same. However, both need to work on maintaining that connection to make it substantial, as is the case with any kind of relationship.
In a video game, this can be accomplished by giving much more detail to characters, so we could feel and understand the depth of it all. CP 2077 has immense potential for depth, but I think we can agree that things were a bit rushed in the making.

So maybe it's me interpreting, but during Judy's message in the End Aldecaldos when we romance her with V female, she tells us that she is happy for the first time in her life and is about to tell us other things before being interrupted by V.

Maybe she was about to tell us. :shrug:

Meanwhile if you romance River (or Kerry, apparently) he cameos in this ending just to dispassionately break up with you, then V autodialogues about how it's kind of a relief and rides into the sunset with Panam. Just a bit more salt in the wound for the already half-assed male romances. God, they need to work on balancing this in future content so bad.

Last edited:
I would explain the lack of direct love declarations using a famous quote:

"Wrong city, wrong people"

at the start of the game we lose our best friend, V die.
then an engrame wants to kill V, then V meet judy or panam depending on our gender we start a relationship we want more, well either nothing ... most of the time they leave V (especially judy which leaves us really in depression). and at the end V die .....
Why are we still here?just to suffer CdPR? whe dont need to say the L word just more interaction with judy or panam.
CDPR wants to frustrate us from start to finish in fact :(

Guest 4412420

then V meet judy or panam depending on our gender we start a relationship we want more

whe dont need to say the L word just more interaction with judy or panam.
Kerry and River exist too, you know, and so do people who like them. We could definitely use more interactions but for all 4 of them not just Judy and Panam. If anything they already have more content than the male LIs.

The romances in Cyberpunk take place over a matter of days (or weeks at most). You can't love someone after a few days. You can be infatuated with them but that is not the same thing.
And that is the answer for everyone being disappointed by a lack of something in romances. After The Heist, Vik Vektor said it clearly, V has few weeks at best.

why do we have romances in the game then. i take judy for exemple, v think this is the beginning of something amazing.
if CDPR does not want relations to evolve why offer us this choice of answers ... unless all relations evolve in the DLC...
the L word is too fast on the other hand in view of the history for the moment ...

“You can’t love that person. You haven’t known them long enough.”

Well, okay. What’s the “correct” amount of time? Is love allowed after 4 weeks? 139 days? 1 year and 2 months?

I think it’s a little odd to try to to tell other people, or their characters, how long it should take for them to love someone. That’s just not something you get to decide for anyone but yourself.

Also, V knows she’s dying. She knows she doesn’t have a lot of time. Why not fall in love?

In the spirit of the game's quest titles, may I propose "Something so right" for the expansion.

("Some people never say the words I love you; it's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say the words I love you, but like a child they're longing to be told.")

I wish they would have come up with cyberterm for love. Just like boyfriends/girlfriends are outputs (which reinforces the narcissism in the culture) they could have a term for love.

Top Bottom