“I Love You”?

+
Do any of the romantic interests ever tell V “I love you”?
Does V ever have the option to say it to them?

I’m wondering if it was a deliberate creative decision, or it’s just something my specific choices did not lead to.

Ouch, I did notice this myself but kind of forgot about it after

Judy packed up and left the city.

So I guess I kind of felt even though I told her it was more than a one night stand she did not feel the same...

Guest 4412420

I don't think so, but I think it's a bit too early for declarations of love because none of them knew V for very long and their relationship is in the early stages. Still, would have been nice to have dialogue options where V isn't emotionally constipated.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the water tower at the end of River's questline V will actually use the L word (V: "Just don't fall in love" / River: "Too late").

In other areas though i felt dialogue even somewhat approaching affection in areas when it seemed appropriate was missing or underplayed (female V's final call to Judy on Misty's rooftop comes to mind).

I don't mind Panam not saying it, she does burn rubber from the Badlands all the way to Watson in about 2 minutes at 3AM just to pick you up; if that's not a demonstration of love I don't know what is, lol. :cry:

Last edited:
On the water tower at the end of River's questline V will actually use the L word

fb908dbce88baebf5b0a950b072d3441.png

Probably deliberate considering

1 You hardly know them

2 You've only known each other what? Couple of weeks

It's why i always say it's a nice start to these relationships because thats all it is with any of them a start, but it does leave me curious what they will do with them if anything

I don't think so, but I think it's a bit too early for declarations of love because none of them knew V for very long and their relationship is in the early stages. Still, would have been nice to have dialogue options where V isn't emotionally constipated.

I don't disagree with you that the time frame is very short, but the characters manage to get to the point of risking their lives for each other, discussing their childhood traumas and family issues, leaning on each other through the loss of loved ones, and even murdering people for each other.

So if we're hand-waving the short time frame for the above, it seems odd to be picky about "I love you."

"Hey could you risk death for me?"
"Sure. I love you."
"Whoa, we don't know each other that well yet!"

:)

Niatka

Forum regular
when I saw "I love you", it aroused my curiosity. this formulation, which is said so often lightly; {I love you}. it is not just a simple sentence, it is a commitment of the spirit and even of the soul.
personally, this only commits my person, I don't like "I love you". I prefer "I will try to like you as you are"; I am a bisuexuel woman, and I am not a present for my current companion.
just like Jodie, Ward, Panam, Kerry. these four people have very complex personalities. living with them would not be "love is in the meadow".

I love you...
...me neither.

Rudo_

Forum regular
On the water tower at the end of River's questline V will actually use the L word (V: "Just don't fall in love" / River: "Too late").

In other areas though i felt dialogue even somewhat approaching affection in areas when it seemed appropriate was missing or underplayed (female V's final call to Judy on Misty's rooftop comes to mind).

I don't mind Panam not saying it, she does burn rubber from the Badlands all the way to Watson in about 2 minutes at 3AM just to pick you up; if that's not a demonstration of love I don't know what is, lol. :cry:
Panam loves V and I love Panam (dont know abot V though)

Yeah, it would feel very pushed and stupid if they or you would make declaration like that after couple of meetings.

I don't disagree with you that the time frame is very short, but the characters manage to get to the point of risking their lives for each other, discussing their childhood traumas and family issues, leaning on each other through the loss of loved ones, and even murdering people for each other.

So if we're hand-waving the short time frame for the above, it seems odd to be picky about "I love you."

"Hey could you risk death for me?"
"Sure. I love you."
"Whoa, we don't know each other that well yet!"

:)

V is a merc who is constantly risking their neck or murdering for someone else (okay yeah, the fixers pay them for that), so that's not really THAT special. In my case V also had a very deep and personal conversation with a Joytoy, so again, maybe not that special... at least not yet.

The romances in Cyberpunk take place over a matter of days (or weeks at most). You can't love someone after a few days. You can be infatuated with them but that is not the same thing.

I agree with you, but the world is brimming with people who believe in love at first sight, or who confuse infatuation with love and call it that.
Ask Romeo and Juliet :)

But in any case, I feel like it should be up to the player to make that decision. Maybe one player's V fell for Judy the moment she saw her. Maybe your V didn't. That's fine. It just seems like it should be a dialogue choice that's available, at least at the "phone call before I go to my death" phase or maybe in the epilogue.

It still feels a tad early for that level of development. That said V and Panam get somewhat close by the end.

Can see it in an expansion though.

Probably deliberate considering

1 You hardly know them

2 You've only known each other what? Couple of weeks

It's why i always say it's a nice start to these relationships because thats all it is with any of them a start, but it does leave me curious what they will do with them if anything

The romances in Cyberpunk take place over a matter of days (or weeks at most). You can't love someone after a few days. You can be infatuated with them but that is not the same thing.

Right. It's like trying to form a life-long relationship with an ice cream cone.

Don't forget there's also love at first sight. Anything is possible in Night City just not impossible
Look what happened to Lizzy Wizzy even she fell in love.

" I may be all chrome but the heart wants what it wants"
-- Lizzy Wizzy --
Quest: Violence

So maybe it's me interpreting, but during Judy's message in the End Aldecaldos when we romance her with V female, she tells us that she is happy for the first time in her life and is about to tell us other things before being interrupted by V.

Maybe she was about to tell us. :shrug:

So maybe it's me interpreting, but during Judy's message in the End Aldecaldos when we romance her with V female, she tells us that she is happy for the first time in her life and is about to tell us other things before being interrupted by V.

Maybe she was about to tell us. :shrug:

She was definitely building up to saying something affectionate, though as a serial Judy romancer I might be reading too much into it.
Dammit, V. You ruined it!

Top Bottom