I made a Trauma Team inspired quest

+
Full spread.png

Hello all! For the past month or so, I have been working on my own Cyberpunk 2077 quest. I am an aspiring quest designer, so I wanted to take a stab at creating my own quest inspired by the dark future. I have loads of quest ideas, but I felt this one was quintessentially Cyberpunk. It has five different endings, four characters, some fan made lore, and over 300 lines of dialog.

It centers around a frustrated Trauma Team leader who can't reach his client. V will be tasked with helping him recover this client, but will soon find out it's not a simple job. V will have to balance the corporate needs of Trauma Team and the needs of their very mixed-up client. Thankfully V will have many options at their disposal to finish the quest.

This quest contains zero spoilers, as far as I am aware. To that end, I have made sure that all of the artwork is art that CDPR has already released. This is something I did to help kill time between the wait and get the creative RPG juices flowing. I hope those that read this are inspired to create their own Cyberpunk stories and characters. I welcome any and all feedback.

Enjoy samurai!​

Attachments

• TraumaCodeBlue.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Hey,
I call this AAA quest, it's pretty much insane.
Love the characters, their motives, background and personalities, quest flow, decisions and consequences,...
There's also the "living world" part, where you show that things can be pretty much different than what they actually seem like. Call it a human factor :)

Also, the swapping mini-game looks pretty cool, though maybe it's a bit unnecessary and eventually production inefficient.

Applauds (y)

Hey,
I call this AAA quest, it's pretty much insane.
Love the characters, their motives, background and personalities, quest flow, decisions and consequences,...
There's also the "living world" part, where you show that things can be pretty much different than what they actually seem like. Call it a human factor :)

Also, the swapping mini-game looks pretty cool, though maybe it's a bit unnecessary and eventually production inefficient.

Applauds (y)
Thanks for reading and feedback! Can definitely see how the mini game might blow up the budget for a quest of this size, but I thought it might be fun to imagine something bespoke.

View attachment 11070767

Hello all! For the past month or so, I have been working on my own Cyberpunk 2077 quest. I am an aspiring quest designer, so I wanted to take a stab at creating my own quest inspired by the dark future. I have loads of quest ideas, but I felt this one was quintessentially Cyberpunk. It has five different endings, four characters, some fan made lore, and over 300 lines of dialog.

It centers around a frustrated Trauma Team leader who can't reach his client. V will be tasked with helping him recover this client, but will soon find out it's not a simple job. V will have to balance the corporate needs of Trauma Team and the needs of their very mixed-up client. Thankfully V will have many options at their disposal to finish the quest.

This quest contains zero spoilers, as far as I am aware. To that end, I have made sure that all of the artwork is art that CDPR has already released. This is something I did to help kill time between the wait and get the creative RPG juices flowing. I hope those that read this are inspired to create their own Cyberpunk stories and characters. I welcome any and all feedback.

Enjoy samurai!​

I've read the TT comics 1 through 4 and this does make a good quest line imo

My general feedback is it's quite impressive. Thank you for sharing. One can only hope the game features quests with this amount of care placed into them.

I especially like how very minor alterations to the approach used during the course of the quest lead to... amplified consequences. Some of which could be construed as "bad" but are subtly telegraphed.

As an example, unplugging and leaving poor Kenji to his fate leads to some catastrophic results for Tatiana and possibly the Moxes. So you have the moral decision of trying to keep Kenji alive vs not doing so. If you say screw it then there will be fallout for it later. If you do the subjectively "good" thing and try to keep him alive it doesn't go this way. Granted, the "swap the couple" path leaves things a bit open ended here. I find this quite cool as well.

I also noticed you offered a skill check related path to get what could be considered a good ending but offered an alternative for a character unable to meet this check. So even if you couldn't pull off the check you have a way to accomplish the goal without the aforementioned dire consequences unfolding. You managed to weave other choices and consequences into this path via dialogue choices or actions (you send Lance packing) to boot. I like it.

This sort of thing leads to some interesting periods of self-reflection for the player to decide how they believe the character they have created would handle situations. At a number of levels, really.

When it comes to the RPG's I've played over the years it would appear sometimes a quest kind of shoehorns you into a certain direction based on your progression choices. You could say your choice is made proactively when building or evolving your character. Other quests appear to be more reactive in nature. You're not pushed in a specific direction but are left to figure it out, so to speak. An ask yourself what your character would do here type of deal. Your quest has opportunities for both. This is impressive by itself.

The background on the characters, explanation of the body swapping mechanic and general lore are icing on the cake. The body swap mini-game idea is sprinkles on top. The quest rewards, depending on the path chosen and subsequent results, have the potential to be some big old firecrackers on top (call TT for backup when shit gets real? yes please....).

Well done.... And sorry for the long post. I got carried away :).

My general feedback is it's quite impressive. Thank you for sharing. One can only hope the game features quests with this amount of care placed into them.

I especially like how very minor alterations to the approach used during the course of the quest lead to... amplified consequences. Some of which could be construed as "bad" but are subtly telegraphed.

As an example, unplugging and leaving poor Kenji to his fate leads to some catastrophic results for Tatiana and possibly the Moxes. So you have the moral decision of trying to keep Kenji alive vs not doing so. If you say screw it then there will be fallout for it later. If you do the subjectively "good" thing and try to keep him alive it doesn't go this way. Granted, the "swap the couple" path leaves things a bit open ended here. I find this quite cool as well.

I also noticed you offered a skill check related path to get what could be considered a good ending but offered an alternative for a character unable to meet this check. So even if you couldn't pull off the check you have a way to accomplish the goal without the aforementioned dire consequences unfolding. You managed to weave other choices and consequences into this path via dialogue choices or actions (you send Lance packing) to boot. I like it.

This sort of thing leads to some interesting periods of self-reflection for the player to decide how they believe the character they have created would handle situations. At a number of levels, really.

When it comes to the RPG's I've played over the years it would appear sometimes a quest kind of shoehorns you into a certain direction based on your progression choices. You could say your choice is made proactively when building or evolving your character. Other quests appear to be more reactive in nature. You're not pushed in a specific direction but are left to figure it out, so to speak. An ask yourself what your character would do here type of deal. Your quest has opportunities for both. This is impressive by itself.

The background on the characters, explanation of the body swapping mechanic and general lore are icing on the cake. The body swap mini-game idea is sprinkles on top. The quest rewards, depending on the path chosen and subsequent results, have the potential to be some big old firecrackers on top (call TT for backup when shit gets real? yes please....).

Well done.... And sorry for the long post. I got carried away :).

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate how in depth your response was. You sound like someone who really appreciates RPGs and game design as much as I do! I'd be curious to read your thoughts on CP77 after release, as I am sure they will be as enjoyable to read as your comment was. Cheers!:cool:

Top Bottom