I need a VERY basic tutorial

+
Like how do I grab things? How do I chose a dialog option? Really basic stuff. I printed out a list of keyboard commands, but none of the basics are covered. Like what is Braindance? Does anyone know of a basic tutorial. I know this may seem stupid to you, and I DO feel stupid. Thanks for any help.

Axvil

Forum regular
BrainDance, or BD is a mini VR experience, stimulating your brain directly through the optic nerve..? The character puts on a headset and the program runs, allowing you to relive the experience (sight, sound, touch etc) and the emotions of the person who recorded it. Once you get far enough in the story, there is full tutorial on what to do.
Also, what system are you on?
On PC, you interact with most objects using the F key, sometimes the R key (dropping carried bodies). You also use F to select/confirm dialogues during conversations.

Guest 4375874

Like how do I grab things? How do I chose a dialog option? Really basic stuff. I printed out a list of keyboard commands, but none of the basics are covered. Like what is Braindance? Does anyone know of a basic tutorial. I know this may seem stupid to you, and I DO feel stupid. Thanks for any help.
As the above comment said, think of Brain Dance (BD) as virtual reality, only you're reliving someone elses memories. It's used in various ways throughout the story...solving crime for example if the victim passed away but saw evidence before they passed etc. The game does an excellent job exploring it's advantages and disadvantages where it can be abused so it's better experienced than us explaining it here.

As for the inputs, I use an Xbox controller for PC so it may vary depending on what device you are playing on. You should share a bit more details on whether you're playing on concole or PC, that would help us to better advise you. Failing that, once you are before an item that you can grab you should see the input prompt telling you what you should press to pick the item(s) up.

Thank you for your answers. I'm using a laptop PC a "Razer" gaming machine--not ideal, but the graphics are okay. I also have a Logitech G700 wireless gaming mouse attached. Plenty of RAM and disk space. In terms of experience, I'm not a beginner, but am not seasoned either. I've taken a dozen characters up to 60 in SWTOR, played Dragon Age, WoW, Age of Conan, Elder Scrolls, and Secret World, among others. I have an Alienware rig as well.

Current issues are that the keyboard does not seem to take all commands. I found "F" for take, but the fact is, it doesn't work. I remapped WASD to the arrow keys to allow me a better way to move, but just in case that was causing me problems I reset to the defaults. I found a (several) list of keyboard commands, but guess what? Doesn't even mention "F" and I suspect other basic moves aren't on the list either. Right now the game is effectiively unplayable.

Top Bottom