I need some help finding the English version of The Last Wish

+
I need some help finding the English version of The Last Wish

I have looked everywhere but I can't seem to find the book in English for sale. I am in the States and have found it on Amazon but it will not be released until May of 2008. I really want to read and enjoy the books before then. Is there anywhere I can buy the books, which have been translated from outside of the states if necessary?At this point, I don't even mind paying extra to have it shipped from the UK or somewhere else in order to get it before May.Is the "American" release going to be that much different as far as translation? I am sure that an English translation is an English translation. No?

ausir

Forum veteran
You can find it on amazon.co.uk:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Wish-Gollancz-S-F/dp/0575077824/

Is there going to be any difference between this version and the one published in America in 2008?

The english translation from the UK is very good, I bought mine from amazon.com and it's very enjoyable.I would imagine some publishers are going to "Americanize" some of the writing though.

I also bought the book from amazon.co.uk the other day, and its great.I noticed one of the reviewers there complained about the translation, noting that in one part, Hereward's rank changed from duke to prince randomly...Its not random, its just outta lack of respect that Geralt calls him duke instead of prince :pOnly Herewards soldiers call him prince.The translation is perfect, to be honest, and its a great bookJust a thought really

Great. Thanks ya'll. I am going to pick up the version from the link given above. I am super excited about this book and I don't want to wait for the "Americanized" version. Thanks again for the help

Top Bottom