I need your help for making The Witcher Lore videos

+
I need your help for making The Witcher Lore videos

Ok, I got your attention with this dramatic topic title - good.

I've been thinking about making some [The Witcher lore] videos - basically stuff from the books, that would explain who/what is a witcher, Ciri, Yennefer, King of the Wild Hunt and so on, for people not familiar with the material. "What is a Witcher?" will be the first [I think the one made for TW2 console release omits a lot of interesting things] and here is why I need your help.

My PC isn't good enough to capture TW2 footage at 1080p, nor at any satisfactory graphical settings. And I would need this footage really badly. The thing is... it doesn't have to be long, 1 minute gameplay videos would be enough. And no, I don't want to steal from YouTubers : ]

So... if there is any good soul here, with fraps and decent rig. Here is what I need: Geralt face close-ups, Geralt fighting with monsters, Geralt drinking a potion [from the game, not CG] and Geralt talking to a troll. With disabled subtitles, if that's possible ! No more than a minute each [in case of potion drinking, that's just a second].

I know I'm asking for a lot. Know that I will thank you in... love, respect and RED Points ! Thanks !

Last edited:
I am not that keen on using footage downloaded from YT. It's compressed already and then would get compressed again - the video quality would be bad and that is something I want to avoid.

That's why I asked for 1 minute long at most videos at 1080p - they are still small enough, that you could easily upload them to a free server without the need for YT.

May I suggest you rethink the title of the video, 'Who is a witcher' doesn't sound right. Currently on my crap laptop so can't help you with the footage, I'm afraid. Good luck with the project and keep us posted.

Who is a Witcher ? As in "profession", not series. Or should it be "What is a Witcher" ?

Someone already did that :D

Good job, but too long and too disjointed. It's not about recapping the whole book saga, it's just the lore that I want to present.

Last edited:
Good job, but too long and too disjointed. It's not about recapping the whole book saga, it's just the lore that I want to present.
It's long, yes, but it doesn't recap all the saga, it would be impossible and, as the youtube guy said, "there are so much spoilers that I don't want to tell you"

I thought these video might be useful, nevermind XD

I can just wish you good lock with that ;) My PC is not powerful enough .. but I am looking forward on it.

PS: I don't want to dishearten you, but if you will work with 1080p videos, you will probably need strong machine. (But if you just want to cut it and add some subtitles, that should be ok.)

@sfinx121 Editing won't be a problem, my PC isn't that ancient : ] I was able to finish TW2 3 times on it, but it's just to weak for playing + recording.

Glad to hear that. But I have to add - I can also play TW2 (just not on ultra :D ), but when I wanted to make trailer with dubstep track (just cut video and add sound + some speed corections), it was horrible, I couldn't even play preview (Pinnacle studio) to finish that. But I hope you will make it. And if you would search for good program, Pinnacle wasn't bad at all, just my PC was too slow.

I use Power Director 11 - it's enough for me. Don't worry @sfinx121 I don't make complicated videos with lots of cutting and sound mixing, I try to keep it visually coherent and simple, and so far I haven't had any problems. I worked on 1080p footage before, that's why I requested it : ]

I guess I will reuse some footage from TW2 and 3 trailers.

@ Synvael

Thank you for the videos!

To OP:

As witcher is a profession it more correct to say 'what' is a witcher, much like 'what' is a carpenter/hunter/blacksmith/soldier. If you ask 'who' then you are focusing on what kind of a person it is, that takes a profession. For instance: Who takes the job of a debt collector/repoman?

Good luck with your movie!

Last edited:
^ I consider taking footage recorded by someone else and using it in my video without asking first, to be stealing, yes @WildPigeon. I guess you could make a point that crediting them in said video is enough - I don't know, still wouldn't feel right to me.

Ok, I got your attention with this dramatic topic title - good.

I've been thinking about making some [The Witcher lore] videos - basically stuff from the books, that would explain who/what is a witcher, Ciri, Yennefer, King of the Wild Hunt and so on, for people not familiar with the material. "What is a Witcher?" will be the first [I think the one made for TW2 console release omits a lot of interesting things] and here is why I need your help.

I'm a bit confused about what you are looking for, especially when you say "stuff from the books". Coz all the trailers and videos and walkthrough we have so far are all about the videogames, which are based on the books lore, yes, but it's still and adaptation. For making what you need, what you want, you don't need the existing trailers and videos. You need to make one by yourself, starting with the creative means: animation, record of game scene and sequences, filmed real life scenes, a slideshow with illustrations from the books.... don't know if it's clear.

About "who's a witcher": are you looking for a video about one witcher specifically, or about any witcher? coz this is a substantial difference between the two. If it's something in the middle, like a documentary about a witcher... well yes you are right, you'd need to sew two or those videos linked by Synavael. Otherwise make your own.
Not easy challenge in fact.
About topic title: no big deal, but if you could please avoid dramatic and confusing title it would be preferable. It's easier for readers and other members to find and understand your topic. :)

^ I consider taking footage recorded by someone else and using it in my video without asking first, to be stealing, yes @WildPigeon. I guess you could make a point that crediting them in said video is enough - I don't know, still wouldn't feel right to me.

Depends for what purpose. For your kind of video I quite honestly disagree ( so would the law ), and I say this as a youtuber who has had his video footage used in other videos without my permission.

Use my videos if you want, or use Nvidia shadowplay ( low performance loss )

Top Bottom