I Need Your Opinion (Spoilers)

+
I Need Your Opinion (Spoilers)

Hey :)

I am trying to decide which Witcher 2 save to import to the Witcher 3 since I have played and experimented all paths and I need your help in the following issue:

I'm confused between Saving Triss or siding with Saskia.

In my playthrough, I don't give the sword to Iorveth, but then I free him from the barge (to save the nonhumans from massacre). Then when getting off the ship I go kill Loredo because he's an asshole and because I owe it to Roche and Ves. Then I go on with Iorveth's path until I reach the point where I meet Phillipia in the dungeons.

I like to be true to Geralt's character in my choices because it's very appealing to me. That's why I understand Letho's reasons and don't kill him, and that's why I don't ever side with Roche. If Roche was born in Nilfgaard he would fight for the emperor just like he fights for Foltest. Such causes don't make sense to me and I don't think Geralt has any country he calls home.

Here's the situation;

I hate the lodge of sorceresses. Sure they want to make balance and peace in the world but those are words and I'm just tired of Geralt always being lied to by sorceresses whether in the books or the games. I hate their ego and I'd be so glad to see them fail and die. And I don't want a witch hunt because there are good sorceresses like Yennefer and Triss (though I hate them sometimes). This is one point for saving Triss.

But then, there is something that is very important to me. You see, I understand that the scoiateal are wasting their time, killing innocent people most of the time, dying in vain, and wasting the lives of young elves(only ones who can reproduce). There simply is no hope for them to win against humans. They can only adapt.
But then there's the fact that for just ONCE, I want someone to be true to the elves. Someone that doesn't betray them at the end of the path. I want to prove a point. And only by helping Iorveth till the end with Saskia, will I be able to prove that point. Even though the revolution will fail later and history will always repeat itself, I think it is a good thing for such a thing as a free equal pontar valley to be written in history. Where dwarves, elves, humans of all classes are all equal. Such an I idea... Should be written in history and is worth dying for. Even if it will not last. I'm disgusted of everyone betraying the elves, and I don't want Geralt to do so as well. This is one point for saving Saskia.

I don't want a witch & witcher hunt to break out. And I don't want to be just another man who betrays the elves, especially Iorveth, whom I like.

So what would you advice me to choose to import on my first playthrough for the witcher 3, while taking the following into consideration:

+ What I expressed above + What Geralt would do + Your own opinion + the fact I only see Triss as a friend + the fact that I don't really give that much fuck about the north.

What choice would be most suitable for me?

Thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
I play the game according to what I think Geralt would do. The toughest choice for me, is giving the sword to Iorveth, or punch him in the face. I tend to give him his sword. And after that help him. I do not kill Loredo, since I don't think Geralt would let the elven women die.

After that I pretty much follow Iorveth's path up until the moment Geralt has to decide whether to Save Triss or help Iorveth cure Saskia. At this point, I think Geralt would go after his friend. His friends are more important to him, than Politics, and he would not join a cause, even if it is the most just cause in the world, instead of saving his friends, who would be in danger of dying.

But as you said, I believe you choose what you feel like you should. Your choices will give you what you are looking for, and each one of us views Geralt his own way, always projecting his personality, on the character.

The way I see it, Geralt tries to remain neutral, but with tendencies to support non humans. Indeed, I give Iorveth his sword, help the elven women, and then....Well, both paths are equal.

On one hand, you have Saskia. She is not just a political figure, she's much much more. Plus, a very extraordinary creature, too dangerous and so wrong for such an entity to be controlled by a bunch of power hungry schemers. Then the witch hunts begin. I hate the Council, but there are some decent magic users in the world.

On the other hand, you have Triss who is a good friend. Albeit a bit of a liar who thinks way too much of the aforementioned Council. But she has proven that she can take care of herself and has helped you many times. And if she is the love interest, one more reason to go after her.

Since you know your general path, I'd suggest keeping two saves, one where you save Triss and another where you go after Philippa. If you must absolutely keep one save, then check all of your decisions, the quests you focused first and decide according to them. If you were more eager to find Triss in chapter 2 and since you were there, had no other choice and helped, then go for her. If the situation called for Triss to take a totally second role in the backround, then perhaps your Geralt is focused more in the general affairs that will prove helpful for many, instead of one person.

I play the game according to what I think Geralt would do. The toughest choice for me, is giving the sword to Iorveth, or punch him in the face. I tend to give him his sword. And after that help him. I do not kill Loredo, since I don't think Geralt would let the elven women die.

After that I pretty much follow Iorveth's path up until the moment Geralt has to decide whether to Save Triss or help Iorveth cure Saskia. At this point, I think Geralt would go after his friend. His friends are more important to him, than Politics, and he would not join a cause, even if it is the most just cause in the world, instead of saving his friends, who would be in danger of dying.

But as you said, I believe you choose what you feel like you should. Your choices will give you what you are looking for, and each one of us views Geralt his own way, always projecting his personality, on the character.

I always went the same in my canon, though in my recent playthroughs I stopped giving Iorveth the sword, because if you don't do it, the pogrom in flotsam wont take place thus you save a lot of lives. Iorveth will survive an extra punch :D.

I always went the same in my canon, though in my recent playthroughs I stopped giving Iorveth the sword, because if you don't do it, the pogrom in flotsam wont take place thus you save a lot of lives. Iorveth will survive an extra punch :D.

Yeah that's definitely what Geralt would do, if he knew the outcome of his actions. But me, being the silly purist that I am, everytime I play the game, I play it like I don't know what happens next. I'm crazy about the witcher I tell you. :p

I guess both choices are choices that Geralt would make, under circumstances. This is what makes the game so beautiful.

This is such a good game. Tough choices.

I, too, generally agree with StaGiors views on what Geralt would do, but it's easy to nudge him another direction.

My 'Geralt' approach also gives the sword to Iorveth, but that's not set in stone: he's extended his word, in different ways, to both Iorveth and Roche. I went with Iorveth.

I also sent him after Loredo. I see about saving the elven women, but the context made me think Geralt would have had enough of this butcher, who would darken the lives of many more. But as Red points out, if Geralt knew the outcome of his actions, he'd want to prevent the massacre in town.

Similar reasoning makes it a difficult choice about whether to save Saskia or go after Triss. Much easier is the choice of what to do with the dragon: Geralt would spare her.

But that's only if you're looking for the choices Geralt would make. And for W3, who knows? Here's hoping it presents us with choices we care about as much.

Save Triss. You can get the dagger from one of the soldiers transporting Iorweth in epilogue. And if you let Saskia live then, you might be able to free her later.
That's what I'd do.

In my first playthrough I helped Iorveth, saved the elven women and generally went with Iorveth until it came to the end where I decided to go and save Triss instead of helping Saskia. I assumed Iorveth would have it covered so he could go save Saskia while I went to save Triss. I then killed Dragon!Saskia (I didn't know Witchers had a rule about not killing dragons at that point and I had no dagger to help her so...) and then felt awful when I saw Iorveth lying almost dead on the cart.

In my second playthrough I instead went with Iorveth to save Saskia and spared her life, because I found out Triss wasn't going to die anyway. I prefer this outcome because it means Iorveth doesn't get hurt, Saskia lives and isn't controlled by the Lodge, and Triss is still fine. The massacre of the mages sucks but at the same time... it's not Geralt's fault it happens! So I will probably import my second playthrough to the Witcher 3 and see how everything turns out.

In my first playthrough I helped Iorveth, saved the elven women and generally went with Iorveth until it came to the end where I decided to go and save Triss instead of helping Saskia. I assumed Iorveth would have it covered so he could go save Saskia while I went to save Triss. I then killed Dragon!Saskia (I didn't know Witchers had a rule about not killing dragons at that point and I had no dagger to help her so...) and then felt awful when I saw Iorveth lying almost dead on the cart.

I did the same, though for me, I killed the Dragon, because I thought she won`t survive anyway, having a huge tree sticking out of her back. I think I will play the game with my first playthrough`s save, to see how the game will turn out with my first decisions. Plus it will be nice to see, how these decisions of different playthroughs change the story in Witcher 3. :)

I did the same, though for me, I killed the Dragon, because I thought she won`t survive anyway, having a huge tree sticking out of her back. I think I will play the game with my first playthrough`s save, to see how the game will turn out with my first decisions. Plus it will be nice to see, how these decisions of different playthroughs change the story in Witcher 3. :)

Yeah I remember thinking "wow that looks painful I should put poor Saskia out of her misery so she's not forced to die slowly impaled on a tree."
I didn't think that leaving her there would actually be the kind thing to do.
I want to use my second playthrough because I feel as though after I read some of the Witcher books and understood the lore better, I was able to make more informed decisions... the first playthrough I had no idea who anyone was or even anything about Geralt, haha.

I didn't release Saskia from the spell as I thought her savior ought to be her stepfather. Besides I really want to see Philipa eaten raw or at least receive a good thrash by the golden dragon.

Yeah I remember thinking "wow that looks painful I should put poor Saskia out of her misery so she's not forced to die slowly impaled on a tree."
I didn't think that leaving her there would actually be the kind thing to do.
I want to use my second playthrough because I feel as though after I read some of the Witcher books and understood the lore better, I was able to make more informed decisions... the first playthrough I had no idea who anyone was or even anything about Geralt, haha.

Yes, totally what I thought. I was thinkig it would be pretty cruel, leaving her suffering.

I started with the Witcher 2, So I had no idea about anything really either.. well, still not exactly :D I still have to play the first game, and I was also thinking about reading the books, some members here said they are pretty good.

Yes, totally what I thought. I was thinkig it would be pretty cruel, leaving her suffering.

I started with the Witcher 2, So I had no idea about anything really either.. well, still not exactly :D I still have to play the first game, and I was also thinking about reading the books, some members here said they are pretty good.

You should definitely read the books! I've only read 2 so far, but the Sword of Destiny was good, and Blood of Elves is my favourite :D

Top Bottom