I really wish the game had more Side quests and did not rely too heavily on Gigs

+
I can't believe how someone could say that side quests are fun in this game...like whoch side quests? The ones with Judy and Panam? Well maybe, but I consider those to be somehow main quests, you just don't need to do them.
But other than that those gigs and other missions are just rubbish. I cleared everything in Watson and in Westbrook. Now I can't even name a gig that was somehow interesting, somehow different than others. Why? Cause all feel the same, go there and steal, hack, stealth or kill...and in the end a phone call closes the gig and tells you how awesome you were. Like...there's no interaction with the world not even in side quests. I can't believe how can someone say these missions are better than in Valhalla, even in Valhalla you can see more variety

Peralez and Joshua quests were pretty good. Also Delamain's quest is really good.

Side Jobs are generally pretty fun. Gigs generally suck. Important distinction.

YIKES.png

Oof. That's literally what the NCPD dispatches are, lmao, just collecting "letters" (shards) scattered around the world.

To op: the best way to approach the countless NCPD bounties is kinda like the enemy encounters in Witcher 3. If you treat those as mandatory and always look at your map it becomes a grind and chore. Best to just turn of your map / hud, follow the main story and main sidequests and if you happen to stumble on baddies while traversing through the city engage them.
Of course that is by no means ideal, but it's something to slightly make the game feel less grindy.
Maybe there will be a patch to disable "markers" on the minimap even for a more immersive playthrough.

I agree, gigs are rubbish. In The Witcher 3 every contracts put you against a special version of a common monsters, which you could investigate, and talk to NPCs involved, try to get paid more, etc... It played a good role in the fantasy of being a witcher.

But gigs? They are just random and samey activities thrown at you by fixers that you don't even get to meet, by remote communication. They are really boring and cheap.
Post automatically merged:

If they invested more time into story telling inside a gig, instead of filling the world with 3000 shards no one is gonna read, that would have been better time spent.

Shards don't cost much, because it's just writing. You don't have to animate the characters, write dialogues and hire actors.

But I can accept the costs excuse from a low budget game or an indie company. Not from a game that ended up costing 350M €. I wonder ho much of that was wasted on marketing, considering the sorry state of this game
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpsycho missions are basically a shitty version of monster hunts from the witcher 3 no where near as fleshed out.

Cyberpsycho mission are awful because they are 100% combat focused missions, and they neglect players who made a stealth focused build, and want to play as netrunner.

It's bad design.

Last edited:
I think they should package a DLC expansion with a bunch of new quests and missions that have different paths that lead to different conclusions, and more lengthy missions with follow up encounters, dialogue, and characters to interact with. Mix some awesome action sequences in there, with a little more player agency. I'd be happy.

As long as Silverhand doesn't put his two cents in every 5 seconds. They went way overboard with his character's injection into almost everything you did in the game. I like Keanu Reeves as an actor, but I'm on my second playthrough and I'm really sick of his character always chiming in. I don't want to hear his voice in any new content. I actually wish there was a way to stop him from showing up/talking in scenarios that didn't have you directly interact with him.

As long as Silverhand doesn't put his two cents in every 5 seconds. They went way overboard with his character's injection into almost everything you did in the game. I like Keanu Reeves as an actor, but I'm on my second playthrough and I'm really sick of his character always chiming in. I don't want to hear his voice in any new content. I actually wish there was a way to stop him from showing up/talking in scenarios that didn't have you directly interact with him.
If only we would have a certain blue pill to take...

To op: the best way to approach the countless NCPD bounties is kinda like the enemy encounters in Witcher 3. If you treat those as mandatory and always look at your map it becomes a grind and chore.
There is a good reason why i focused only on gigs/Cyberpsycho encounters in this post and not NCPD bounties ,the thing is that Gigs were sadly supposed to make up for the extremely short story and low amount of side quests ,The Witcher 3 on the other hand not only provides you with a rich story but also incredibly high quality side quests that are many and varied without relying on some dumbass shards

Attachments

• length.png
    length.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Cyberpsycho mission are awful because they are 100% combat focused missions, and they neglect players who made a stealth focused build, and want to play as netrunner.

It's bad design.

I assume you are not that far into it yet because Netrunner are basically gods in this game. "System Reset" one-shots everyone including all the Cyber-psychos so they become an absolute joke once you have it.

I wish main story was a sidequest, and sidequests were main story.
This is a radical thought, but hear me out: what if the game had three different main quests...maybe they could call them life...paths? And depending on which one you picked would lead into a fleshed out, thematic storyline focused around the high quality content like the side quests that are currently in the game.

Probably just have my expectations set too high for a next-gen game, this is a pipe dream, clearly.

I wish main story was a sidequest, and sidequests were main story.

Pillars of eternity 2 did this and this is a mixed bag. The main story of that game was god awful and uninspired but it really had a lot of amazing side quests all strewn about on the islands. While that can work, if the main story leaves you unfulfilled or it is lacking, the game will always have a sour taste

Gigs would be more interesting if they were more varied and seemless. Imagine being able to invest in a business in exchange for money, info, gear, cars, etc. and you can staff that business with NPCs that have skills you could invest into. Also, imagine getting a tip from the NCPD about an active bounty you have to go on a city-wide man hunt for. Or finding a body in the trunk of a car that leads to a bigger story, things like that.

Top Bottom