I really wish the Wikia was more detailed and had more content.

+
I really wish the Wikia was more detailed and had more content.

I'm a newcomer to the Witcher series, with my first game being The Witcher 3. I decided to look up some lore on the wikia of The Witcher to get a sense of things that happened and I did find information, but it's so basic with no extra explanation.

Further example: I wanted to read some info about monsters that may have cropped up in the previous games with additional info. But right now, the 'monsters' page is just a description of what monsters are and nothing more. No links to all monster creatures, nor which ones might argually be from the conjunction of the spheres. (For such a important even that defined the world of The Witcher, it barely has any backstory, on the wiki or on the net)

Really, compare this to Skyrim, where there's pages on every creature, on every place and every item. I get that the Witcher 3 is only out for a week and a half but the same bare content goes for Witcher 2 and 1 related stuff.

Anyone have any other sources for good game information content?

I'm a newcomer to the Witcher series, with my first game being The Witcher 3. I decided to look up some lore on the wikia of The Witcher to get a sense of things that happened and I did find information, but it's so basic with no extra explanation.

Further example: I wanted to read some info about monsters that may have cropped up in the previous games with additional info. But right now, the 'monsters' page is just a description of what monsters are and nothing more. No links to all monster creatures, nor which ones might argually be from the conjunction of the spheres. (For such a important even that defined the world of The Witcher, it barely has any backstory, on the wiki or on the net)

Really, compare this to Skyrim, where there's pages on every creature, on every place and every item. I get that the Witcher 3 is only out for a week and a half but the same bare content goes for Witcher 2 and 1 related stuff.

Anyone have any other sources for good game information content?

The polish version of the Wiki is pretty nice. I know that it won't be the nicest experience, but you can always use the automatic translation for it. More or less everything makes sense, I checked

http://wiedzmin.wikia.com/wiki/Strona_główna

Here you have a subpage with all the creatures of the lore: http://wiedzmin.wikia.com/wiki/Kategoria:Stworzenia

Besides, I'm sure that the English version will catch up quickly, given the popularity of the game

Actually, as far as I know there's a witcher 1&2 wiki and a separate switcher 3 wiki. The latter is knew and therefore not as big as the old one. Atm I'm on my mobile phone, I'll give you a link when I get home.

tbh, most decent wiki pages are community run by people who love the game.

Right now, people who love the game are too busy 'playing' the game ;)

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures
here's the Wiki i mentioned. its a list of all creatures which happened to be mentioned or appeared in witcher 1&2 and as far as I know at least the ingame Bestiary entry's are listed there. sometimes (like for the echinopsae) there are even pictures and descriptions as how they are portrayed in the books.
Have fun going through it.

Yeah, although hard to read, the translated Polish witcher wiki is better, IMO, than the English one. Seems to be more info from the books in the former than the latter.

Last edited:
I agree. As a newcomer to the series I thought that there would have been pages upon pages of lore, like there is for The Elder Scrolls. However, there's little to nothing written even about main characters.

I agree. As a newcomer to the series I thought that there would have been pages upon pages of lore, like there is for The Elder Scrolls. However, there's little to nothing written even about main characters.

send me a private message with the characters you want to know more about.

I wonder if guide publishers like Prima "discourage" devs from creating a wiki or guide? They already get exclusivity, after all...

Top Bottom