I think CDPR is hiding something regarding console footage and requirements for ultra PC settings

+
Yea, I'm still waiting about the console footage the devs talked about. Idk, but I think it was Marcin or Miles that tweeted about that they will be showing the console footage soon.

Regarding current gen consoles, I'm really scared as well. In particular for frame rate, graphics will be fine. The witcher 3 had problems on that aspect (novigrad and rainy velen were almost PowerPoint slideshow quite often), cp77 is way more complex and in particular, due to vehicles' higher speed than roach, the amount of asset streaming in short time will be humongous. Either textures will load very slowly or frame rate will go extremely down. IMHO.
Another reason why they are refusing to show any footage.

Regarding next gen, we won't see anything until 2021, but I at least hope they'll address important matters like current/next gen save file compatibility (starting cp77 on ps5 in backwards compatibility mode and loosing all progress when the next gen patch will be release in 2021 would be ridiculous and infuriating)(Sony's fault in that case, but still) and eventual dualsense support prior to release. And not the day before, at least 2 weeks earlier so that we can choose for which platform we should buy the game in case we (I do) have more options (ps5 or Xbox?).

P.S. comparing CDPR to Ubisoft Is extremely offensive. Please never do that :ROFLMAO:

I at least hope they'll address important matters like current/next gen save file compatibility
I highly doubt there will be any issues. I won't be surprised if the save file format is identical between PS4 and PS5 - if not identical too to PC and every other platform; you are just saving a subset of game state.

I'll be waiting for reviews and benchmarks before I get this on my PC.
Even then I am also willing to wait a couple of months for CDPR to iron things out with the inevitable patches, DLC updates, etc..

If people play on a previous gen console, obviously its going to look like a previous gen game. Similar to what you've seen so far. Just have to adjust your expectations. Its not going to look vastly different from what we've seen so far.

To get next-gen experience, need next-gen hardware. Its really not that complicated.

I highly doubt there will be any issues. I won't be surprised if the save file format is identical between PS4 and PS5 - if not identical too to PC and every other platform; you are just saving a subset of game state.
many games have problems with save files between ps4 and 5, already confirmed.

e.g.

Last edited:
There WERE hiding out the awful truth,...

1603537428180.png

If people play on a previous gen console, obviously its going to look like a previous gen game. Similar to what you've seen so far. Just have to adjust your expectations. Its not going to look vastly different from what we've seen so far.

To get next-gen experience, need next-gen hardware. Its really not that complicated.

I agree but Ghost of Tsushima looked beautiful on all devices :shrug: not as much going on compared to NC i know .

Last edited:
many games have problems with save files between ps4 and 5, already confirmed.

e.g.

I must say this is really odd. Even if the file format is different ... just reformat the data! I can't even begin to speculate as to what could be the problem ...

I must say this is really odd. Even if the file format is different ... just reformat the data! I can't even begin to speculate as to what could be the problem ...
I think current- and next-gen versions of the same game are considered 2 completely different games in sony's system and save files are signed with the respective codes, so ps5 can't read "ps4 dirt 5" as "ps5 dirt 5". Just speculating here.

Let's hope CDPR decides to address this ASAP.

more often than not reformatting data corupts it a little

Data is data. Reformatting data is just moving it around and changing its representation. Unless your hardware/software is faulty, it's a completely lossless operation.

I think current- and next-gen versions of the same game are considered 2 completely different games in sony's system and save files are signed with the respective codes, so ps5 can't read "ps4 dirt 5" as "ps5 dirt 5". Just speculating here.

Or just let both version accept save files signed with either signing key ... This is Sony's problem.

Data is data. Reformatting data is just moving it around and changing its representation. Unless your hardware/software is faulty, it's a completely lossless operation.

Or just let both version accept save files signed with either signing key ... This is Sony's problem.
Exactly, Sony needs to fix this but CDPR needs to tell me about their game.

Ghost of Tsushima and The last of us 2 looked great on the base PS4. I don't expect any different from 2077. People act like it will have potato graphics on consoles.

I fully expect to see some posts like this one on Day 1:

"Neon lights not reflecting in puddles on my Xbone. DOWNGRADE! BAD DEVS MADE BAD LIES! LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!"

:LOL:

"Neon lights not reflecting in puddles on my Xbone. DOWNGRADE! BAD DEVS MADE BAD LIES! LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!"

Bruh, I understand consoles don't have raytracing. And fully understand a PC is more powerful than a Console. I built one myself. No one is yelling downgrade. But to think 2077 will look worse than ghost or TLoU 2 on console, is asinine.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same.
Of course there will be people yelling "downgrade" here and there, because now they're seeing PC ultra rtx-on footage (maybe without even knowing) and of course the console version won't be exactly the same.
Also lately they added a lot of shiny and/or wet surfaces to make ray tracing really shine.
Personally I expect more something like the 2018 gameplay on consoles and medium spec PCs. But I don't care too much about graphics, so it's not a problem to me.

I don't expect it to be awesome on PS4, I just hope it isn't Outer Worlds again where the graphics are just crap. Like put me off ever wanting to play it again crap.

I personally think that some features (like ridable metro) were removed because of current gen consoles, but that also means that currents gen consoles shouldn't have problems to run the game as it have been changed for them.

Top Bottom