I think CDPR is hiding something regarding console footage and requirements for ultra PC settings

+
I personally think that some features (like ridable metro) were removed because of current gen consoles, but that also means that currents gen consoles shouldn't have problems to run the game as it have been changed for them.

There are so many things that i am trying to keep my hands from typing if the whole subway metro theory just happened to be true. xD

Example: "Oh look, console hardware holds back gaming invitation YET again.. who woulda thunk?"

But then i have to scold my hands from typing that.. erm, -this. *slaps hands*

- "Bad hands!"

I personally think that some features (like ridable metro) were removed because of current gen consoles, but that also means that currents gen consoles shouldn't have problems to run the game as it have been changed for them.
Nah, gta4 had ridable metro in 2008, it's not that. CDPR already had to delay the game twice (or more) they just didn't have time for a small and secondary feature like that. I still find embarassing that they started the whole marketing campaign with metro ride and made the collector's edition figurine with dual weilding and then those features are not in the game, but I would look at diatructible environment and complexity of models and lightning for current gen limitations more than gameplay features. And data streaming methods, when SSD will become a standard we'll see a real jump in graphics.

I don't expect it to be awesome on PS4, I just hope it isn't Outer Worlds again where the graphics are just crap. Like put me off ever wanting to play it again crap.

The big difference here is that The Outer Worlds already didn't look great on PC.
I don't think it'll look crap on consoles, but IMO it won't be on the same level as RDR2 or TLOU2 because of the much denser city environment.

Nah, gta4 had ridable metro in 2008, it's not that.

It's not about the complexity of a ridable metro, it's about the number of assets to display and to stream on an high speed, high point of view.
If they chose setting already pushing consoles on their limits during low travel, it can turn the game fps onto a diaporama when traveling high.

The big difference here is that The Outer Worlds already didn't look great on PC.
I don't think it'll look crap on consoles, but IMO it won't be on the same level as RDR2 or TLOU2 because of the much denser city environment.
And the budget bro Rockstar and Naughty Dog had millions to spend on the game. Doubt Obsidian with it's small team had the same resources. That's one key reasons why some games look way more beautiful than others.
I believe budget was around 120 - 130 million for CP2077 if what is found in Google is something to go for.

On topic. They did discuss about how they wanted the console version to still look good and how they are using some innovative tech to mass-produce facial animations on all the NPCs in the game as well as the lip sync and how scalability was a big focus from early on. Basically that's how they achieved the no loadingscreen thing.

I feel pretty good about my RTX 2060; I think I'll be able to get some of that raytracking on my PC. Just 22 days away! Hype but no full expectations just expecting not to sleep all too much after 19th for two weeks. ( I'll try to stay healthy )

It's not about the complexity of a ridable metro, it's about the number of assets to display and to stream on an high speed, high point of view.
If they chose setting already pushing consoles on their limits during low travel, it can turn the game fps onto a diaporama when traveling high.

Did they put a speed limit on cars in the console version?

Did they put a speed limit on cars in the console version?

"high speed, high point of view "
"traveling high"

Speed can be a problem, but speed AND unusually big field of view at the same time is ten times worst (and you can make it even worst by rotating the camera horizontally at the same time).

It's the same as driving vehicles and you can drive vehicles in cp77. So that's clearly not the problem here.
Post automatically merged:

"high speed, high point of view "
"traveling high"

Speed can be a problem, but speed AND unusually big field of view at the same time is ten times worst (and you can make it even worst by rotating the camera horizontally at the same time).
I read it after I replied. High point of view means you don't need to render pedestrians, vehicles, signs and all the other stuff.
On the other hand when driving vehicles you need everything plus the skyscrapers.

I read it after I replied. High point of view means you don't need to render pedestrians, vehicles, signs and all the other stuff.

Only if you don't care to have the game look like being on "low setting".
And I think that for C2077, CDprojekt cares a LOT about graphics, even for console versions.

Only if you don't care to have the game look like being on "low setting".
And I think that for C2077, CDprojekt cares a LOT about graphics, even for console versions.
The witcher 3 was not mind-blowing in terms of graphics on consoles. Very good, but in the classic range of open world games. Frame rate was the problem in novigrad and rainy velen. Be sure that when driving on consoles pedestrians will disappear and not many vehicles will be around. Also big motion blur could be applied to low Res textures. Hopefully no pop-in as in tw3, that's the worst. I've been playing on consoles all my life, I've seen what devs do.

I still find it funny when people say "removed" regarding some features that weren't even there or were confirmed to exist in the first place.

The witcher 3 was not mind-blowing in terms of graphics on consoles. Very good, but in the classic range of open world games. Frame rate was the problem in novigrad and rainy velen. Be sure that when driving on consoles pedestrians will disappear and not many vehicles will be around. Also big motion blur could be applied to low Res textures. Hopefully no pop-in as in tw3, that's the worst. I've been playing on consoles all my life, I've seen what devs do.

Seems like optimisation on current gen console may be "Witcher 3 on Switch" level of difficulty.

So I am going to bump this thread cause I feel it is relevant to what is going on now.

I STILL hold onto the belief that much of all 3 delays has something to do with the state of the current gen consoles.

Instead of scope creep I think there was a case of performance/graphics creep for this game. As development continued they kept building this game on a PC and pushing the limits and showing all these videos and screenshots from super high end PCs. To the point when they began to bring things over to current gen consoles, they realized that their scope has seriously outpaced what the current gen consoles are able to handle. So they delay the game to get the consoles up to par while at the same time polishing the PC version.

So I stand by my belief that CDPR has not shown console footage yet because the visuals is....extremely subpar in terms of detail, NPC density, framerate, popins and so on.

While on the PC side, CDPR has not gone the Ubisoft route and highlight what are the requirements to play the game at 4k uktra because most likely it'll require a 3080 card and since MOST PC gamers do not have that, they do not want the negative PR.

Regarding current gen consoles, I'm really scared as well. In particular for frame rate, graphics will be fine. The witcher 3 had problems on that aspect (novigrad and rainy velen were almost PowerPoint slideshow quite often), cp77 is way more complex and in particular, due to vehicles' higher speed than roach, the amount of asset streaming in short time will be humongous. Either textures will load very slowly or frame rate will go extremely down. IMHO.
Another reason why they are refusing to show any footage.
:shrug:

Top Bottom