I think Johnny Silverhand is the only Childhood Hero we can pick now =(

+

#sad

I think it's just that Johnny Silverhand happens to be the conscious stored on the macguffin chip. We may still be able to pick a childhood hero, which may unlock different dialogue options, similar to our choice of upbringing (corp, street kid or nomad). They may also still appear though they won't be as prominent a character as Johnny.

I bet picking Saburo Arasaka will have significant impact. Johny Silverhand hates Arasaka and they are important in the story (board meeting in original trailer with somebody dying from hacking etc)

I don't understand why people are assuming that your childhood hero option has any relation to the digital ghost of Silverhand.

The only impact I can see it having is he will comment on it and possibly treat you differently depending on your option, but I highly doubt Arasaka or Blackhand would have taken his place.

Maybe picking Silverhand boosts your street cred higher than the other options. Maybe choosing Blackhand nets you discounts on weapons and more ammo upon looting corpses.

Yeah Silverhand would likely have opinions if you choose Blackhand or Arasaka instead. Having him in game is 100% compatible with any of the lifepath options.

Some people think theres celebrity behind every childhood hero option. I believe theres more celebs to come, they did "celebrity showdown" thing with this game.

So they are using the Never Fade Away adventure from the core book as a basis for this game? Interesting.

I am one of those people who think the other " hero`s " are gone . I also think it might make more sense to pick Johnny if the others are still in the game for the extra dialog . I will pick Blackhand for my Solo and Silverhand for my Netrunner if it`s possible.

I don't understand why people are assuming that your childhood hero option has any relation to the digital ghost of Silverhand.

The only impact I can see it having is he will comment on it and possibly treat you differently depending on your option, but I highly doubt Arasaka or Blackhand would have taken his place.

This.

Keanu Reeves is too big of a star to be cast as a character who is maybe only encountered in one third of all playthroughs. If the childhood hero option in character customization determined whose digital ghost was sharing your head space, both Johnny and the other two options would be played by voice actors rather than someone from Hollywood's A-list.

You can safely bet all the Eddies in Night City that Johnny Silverhand is going to be a major character tagging along with every single version of V.

This.

Keanu Reeves is too big of a star to be cast as a character who is maybe only encountered in one third of all playthroughs. If the childhood hero option in character customization determined whose digital ghost was sharing your head space, both Johnny and the other two options would be played by voice actors rather than someone from Hollywood's A-list.

You can safely bet all the Eddies in Night City that Johnny Silverhand is going to be a major character tagging along with every single version of V.

Keanu might be big star but lets face it, hes 54 year old. Sure Matrix Generation knows him well but how about the rest?

Keanu might be big star but lets face it, hes 54 year old. Sure Matrix Generation knows him well but how about the rest?

John Wick.

He's arguably more famous for that than the Matrix, at least among miillenials. Go to any place on the net where people were discussing his reveal at E3 and you'll see a lot more John Wick mentions than Neo.

John Wick.

He's arguably more famous for that than the Matrix, at least among miillenials. Go to any place on the net where people were discussing his reveal at E3 and you'll see a lot more John Wick mentions than Neo.

Oh, maybe you are right. Ive not watched John Wick but isnt he quite normal action actor these days, with big guns and stuff. We need replacement for Keanu, thats what I gotta say.

My Son is 20 , all though he played TW3 thru many times he had little interest in CP ( unlike me ) . Until Keanu popped up at E3 . Now he is talking / asking me heaps of questions about the game and telling me how much he loves Keanu .

I'm still planning on picking Blackhand since my first character is going to be a solo, but I do hope I still get to see tons of yummy Keanu <3

Top Bottom