I think NG+ may pose some difficulties. My observation so far in White Orchard.

+
I think NG+ may pose some difficulties. My observation so far in White Orchard.

My Geralt is level 39 at the start of NG+.

So, the level 32 Ghouls and level 35 Wolves in White Orchard both break my quen in a single hit. This is at 196% sign intensity with quen giving me 564 physical damage reduction.

The thing is, unlike in NG, we won't be seeing huge spikes in skills and gear in NG+. It's not like the legendary witcher gear will allow for EXTRA runes/glyphs. Sure, they give better bonuses than the standard witcher gear but most people get their huge game changing bonuses from mutagens stacking. At level 30, you already have your greater mutagens set up and also have your skills selected.

I'm curious to see how this will play out as the enemies get stronger and my skills/bonuses remain the same. As I level, the only thing that changes is that I get more HP. I won't be gaining any new skills, new slots, and like hell I'll downgrade my Mastercraft Witcher gear for basic legendary witcher gear with insufficient slots for runes/glyphs.

Last edited:
Well at least on my end it hasn't really been much harder, but I can agree since you wont unlock more skill slots you'll have to play around with the skills you unlock and change them accordingly to what you are going to face. Also it allows you to have more flexibitly and unlock higher level skills in different trees

and like hell I'll downgrade my Mastercraft Witcher gear for basic legendary witcher gear with insufficient slots for runes/glyphs
Basic legendary armors have 3 slots. Old photo: http://i.imgur.com/8B9745L.jpg

Well at least on my end it hasn't really been much harder, but I can agree since you wont unlock more skill slots you'll have to play around with the skills you unlock and change them accordingly to what you are going to face. Also it allows you to have more flexibitly and unlock higher level skills in different trees
Similar for me. So far I died once (Death March) on the first pack of wolves I met. But on NG+ having versatile build for free roam may be crucial to be prepared for any situation. I've completely changed my approach to unlock skills and decided to unlock at least 1st level of each skill from tier 1 and 2 in sign tree and having one skill from each sign active for free roam, plus whirl and rend. And adapting skills when I know what enemy I'll be facing. So far it wasn't much harder, but I find all fights hell more fun and satisfying when I can use more variety of moves, attacks, signs and upgraded potions and bombs.

Protip : You'll need to be wearing the right armor for the right enemies. You'll want a high Monster Resistance for monsters (like mastercrafted Ursine) and high slashing/bludgeoning resistance for humans (like the Undvik armor). :)

Took me 3 tries to kill the Griffen. First play though I manged my first try on the 2nd highest difficulty. It was my first time playin a Wither or rpg game. So far I'm loving death march. The wolves got me a few times too but I adapted and now all is well.

Did anyone notice that you can't do the quest in white orchard for the dwarven blacksmith? You can only talk to him to buy item's and craft gear. New game + of course.

Did anyone notice that you can't do the quest in white orchard for the dwarven blacksmith? You can only talk to him to buy item's and craft gear. New game + of course.
really? I just did his quest last night. i'm playing using the GOG version.

Started NG+ on Death March last night, and I've completed White Orchard. While I like the fact that three level 32 Ghouls are able to kill my level 39 Geralt with ease, I have one serious question. Staying on topic, since we're seeing most items (witcher gear, weapons, armor etc) getting level adjusted to higher NG+ levels, do we need to rebuy bomb diagrams in NG+ for new level adjusted bombs? Cause like how a maxed out Quen is pretty useless against some low level enemies, a superior grapeshot for example doesn't seem to obliterate enemies (even low level ones) like it did pre-NG+. Don't think the devs really clarified how effective signs/potions/bombs will be in NG+. Or is that the whole idea of NG+, nerfing everything...

So far I'm having a very easy time on DM with my cat school, adrenaline boost and insta-kill abilities. Clearing Velen atm with a lvl 39. Wraith lvl 45 wasn't a challenge at all. I love it. Feels like an op built but I want to play a deadly hero, not a farmer! =))

I find the fights to be a bunch more difficult, and I like it!

I AM going to switch back to griffin gear and up my sign % a bunch again, because at the end of the game I was running wolf armor, and that just isn't cutting it sign%-wise at the moment...

I AM conflicted about what 5th sign skill to use... I use the tier 1 & 2 yrden and axii, but I don't know what I should take as fifth sign skill which will be most useful. Any ideas?

It's both easier and harder for me. I took down the griffon way easier than a regular game, but taking a hit can jack me up bad, so you can't make a lot of mistakes.

This game is allways hard the first few minutes. Then after a while it gets easier. By the time you're in the level 40's its gonna be a walk in the park.
btw I played gwent and was surprised I didnt have my cards. Thank god I allready have that trophy lol.

This game is allways hard the first few minutes. Then after a while it gets easier. By the time you're in the level 40's its gonna be a walk in the park.
btw I played gwent and was surprised I didnt have my cards. Thank god I allready have that trophy lol.

We'll see. I think the difficulty curve will stagnate more in NG+, seeing as your power increase is a lot more moderate due to already starting with mutagens and all slots.

I've doen Kiera's first quest now and it's still somewhat difficult. Now I'm at the baron's and curious how it will go. (PS: hot damn did I get DESTROYED during ciri's story with the wolves lol)

Griffin in White Orchard (NG+, Death March) is really difficult!

I can't seem to get through this fight. I'm using Quen and dodging (not rolling), shooting it down whenever I can. But I keep getting killed pretty much without being able to deal much damage at all. Seems to me that this is harder now with both NG+ and Death March combined.

What are your strategies?

Quen up, stay at a decent distance, shoot him down when he flies off, run up to him and dig in from behind. Rinse and repeat until he flies over by the wind mill. I actually took him out the first time on DM NG+. Whats your setup/lvl like?

I'll give you the easiest strategy. You REALLY can't miss with this one.

Don't attack him while he's on the ground. Whenever he flies up and tries to dive at you, don't try to shoot him. Instead, use axii. That'll autotarget always. It won't stun him, but with delusion level 3, it'll stagger him (you REALLY need delusion lvl 3 anyway), and force him to crash. While he's crashing, use your (superior) dancing star to set him ablaze. Watch him burn and chop away at him (stand at his back, don't attack from the front like some noob). Repeat all this.

If you find yourself running out of bombs, you can try igni, but I wouldn't reccommend it unless you have a really high sign intensity. Best to just chop a little less while he's crashing. Or use other bombs. Or respec into the +5 bomb inventory skill. or just use whirl after the dancing star and laugh till he dies.

Really, your options are plentiful.

I can't seem to get through this fight. I'm using Quen and dodging (not rolling), shooting it down whenever I can. But I keep getting killed pretty much without being able to deal much damage at all. Seems to me that this is harder now with both NG+ and Death March combined.

What are your strategies?

Archgriffin decotion will do the trick. Dodge (dont roll) and as soon as you have more stamina attack. You will deal 10% of the griffins HP every time you hit it as long as you have full stamina.

Top Bottom