I think the weather system is broke

+
I noticed sometimes at night everything looks wet, yet there's no rain. I think this is some kind of bug and the rain effect isn't
working. I've seen the rain before so I know they didn't scrap it so it has to be just bugged. I hope they address this. It's immersion breaking when the streets are wet
yet the sky is clear.

I noticed this too, I first `thought maybe I just entered an area where it rained before and now it doesn't anymore? Maybe this is caused by raytracing?

I noticed this too, I first `thought maybe I just entered an area where it rained before and now it doesn't anymore? Maybe this is caused by raytracing?
No, I get the same and I am using a GTX1080. Its seems I always miss the rain. I've seen it once outside of a scripted scene (the begining one with jackie in the car)

You can report it here (please click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket to CDPR support):

(but I'm not sure how fast CDPR will be able to work on that. Right now, there might be different priorities, like crashes and performance - if there is a solution, it might take a while... we'll see)

Played 20 hours yet not a drop of rain sighted on PC.. Saw videos people playing PS4 and claiming the rain makes the game run at 15fps....

I'm on a PC with a 3080 and 32G RAM. I see rain *very* rarely at night, never once during the day. Days are always bright and sunny, which seems weird for a "dystopian future" setting. I'd like to see much more variation. We were told there would be haze, fog, dust storms, and potentially acid rain. I see rain some nights and that is it.

This post made me realise that I've not seen it rain in game for several real time days, yet as OP stated, everywhere looks wet as if it has been raining.

If there's no rain for 6 days the roads never get dry, nor do cars. Side walks always have puddles on them, and are wet looking too.

not sure if this a bug or intended...because real life doesn't have permanently wet surfaces?

I have played for 70 hours and never seen a dry road or car

Just to add it rained actually during the day when you meet a certain detective. Don't wanna spoil it. I don't know if the rain just happened to occur during this missions or if the rain was caused by this mission so...

Someone posted a full set of .ini settings, including the ones that are normally hidden.

In them, "Weather" is referenced twice. In one place, "Weather" is toggled on. In the second occurrence, the "State" of weather is set to "NONE".

I don't know how to interpret that combination of settings, let alone what impact it might have on the rain that we're seeing or not seeing. Just putting it out there for consideration.

It rained for me for the first time (that I can recall) today after 60 hrs of total play time. Funny thing is after the rain stopped and the sun came back out it still kept raining just on my car Windows.

Don't take away random wetness! Its supposed to be moist! Looks better! *lol*

No honestly, I really like the effect so don't want to see less of it. They do it in film all the time...

Good to know I'm not the only one to see this. I have been playing for roughly 60 hours on PS5 and have only seen it rain during scripted moments like the Prologue and when you get brought back to your house after The Heist. Was really hoping there would be much more rain. But this seems like a bug, hopefully it will be fixed soon. I wish more games had something like Ghost of Tsushima where you could change the weather yourself. That was awesome.

Ive played for a hundred or so hours, and its only rained while I was outside once, while I was fighting a cyberpsycho, and then when I defeated him the rain stopped.

Sometimes it will rain while I'm in V's apartment but stops before I can get outside

Same thoughts here, however, I've seen it rain once in Japantown, I was just freeroaming, it was when I first encountered the marketplace with the large statue. It was raining when I got there. I remember going "ow so it's not scripted?".

But then it never ever rain again unless it was scripted.

It's so stupid cause all the roads are wet. All the time.

Hi all,

i have the same problem, only at night every street are wet but the sky is clear, save and load fix this issue for 30sec than returns. I ' ve never seen rain during freeroam, only in some quests.

I have 100 hours in game, completed every side job, gig, and ncpd dispatch and I have only seen it rain during scripted times during specific missions, I have also only seen sandstorms 3 time throughout the game during scripted times on specific missions. But I too, always see the ground wet at night with no rain. I believe sandstorms are only meant to be scripted and rain is broken. I can't recall if I've ever seen it foggy either except for maybe once, probably scripted during a mission.

Top Bottom