I think the weather system is broke

+
Weather in this game sucks to be honest, I've seen better rain effects in AC3 but in Cyberpunk rain looks really ehh...
But yeah, the story is heavily linear which means when it's supposed to rain in story, it rains - but outside of that? Nope, you can do gigs or whatever for 7 days in game days and you won't experience raining.

Looks like this isn't a hardware issue then. Still, no reason weather can't be dynamic. We know this engine is a modified Witcher 3 engine and considering that game had dynamic weather it only seems fair to assume this game should have it to.

I think Fercyful's right. Chalk up to another hotfix until this is remedied.

It's not just broke but there's a fake water effect on the screen, like a layer on your monitor with no real particles of water on the street.

I have had rain during free roam. No scripted events, no missions I was doing in that location, just driving around looking at people, all of a sudden rain started happening in front of the Megabuilding where V's appartement is.

So rain is in. It DOES rain outside of scripted moments. Just really scarce.

it is. Just not one many would prefer.
Sorry, but it really isn't... it's a random, environmental parameter set on zone load... a weather SYSTEM tries to simulate a more or less believable transaition between different weather states over time/analogue to the time of day.

It's even less of an actual system then the game's NPC AI is, well, proper AI.

Sorry, but it really isn't... it's a random, environmental parameter set on zone load... a weather SYSTEM tries to simulate a more or less believable transaition between different weather states over time/analogue to the time of day.

It's even less of an actual system then the game's NPC AI is, well, proper AI.

"it's a random, environmental parameter set on zone load"

You mean a system?

Also, it's california, have you been to LA? People lose their shit when it rains. People would complain that the amount of rain is unrealistic :p

Don't get me wrong, it sucks, it's not a good system. I would prefer rain with filled up streets and umbrella's.

Mmm. This is a bit irritating, it is assumed that in cyberpunk cities such as blade runner and others, it rains very frequently, in the cyberpunk 2020 RPG it also rains frequently. I think it is another of the hundreds of things that must be fixed together with the public transport system.

You mean a system?
As I said: It's as much of a system as the NPCs either cowering or running away... and cowering... or the cars simply stopping in the street, forever. If you wanna be technical about it, sure, even a single bit changing is a "system".
Also, it's california, have you been to LA? People lose their shit when it rains. People would complain that the amount of rain is unrealistic :p
Yea, but that's 2077 cyberpunk California... the weather is totally out of whack at this point. Heavy fog/smog and (sometimes acidic) rain are very common...

This is very interesting. I get rain quite a lot and actually enjoy it very much. Seems unfortunate a lot of people are not experiencing this. Not sure if it could be tied to settings or hardware optimization.

I noticed sometimes at night everything looks wet, yet there's no rain. I think this is some kind of bug and the rain effect isn't
working. I've seen the rain before so I know they didn't scrap it so it has to be just bugged. I hope they address this. It's immersion breaking when the streets are wet
yet the sky is clear.
Just my guess here, but I'm betting they toned down the weather due to a performance hit. Maybe they will introduce it again more frequently after they make those two major updates they have planned?
:shrug:

It definitely rains in my game:

photomode_24122020_001127.png

Max settings on a GTX 1080Ti

Yeah, as I'm nearing the end of the game I can also say: it definitely does rain (even on my old PS4). But seems to me like weather changes are triggered by later quests and main story progression. At least I get the feeling that it's not a random system.

I still think the weather is broken in the game. For example, it always rains after one of the story missions. But if you die after the mission and load the checkpoint, the weather becomes clear.
At least that's how it is on my PS4.

I still think the weather is broken in the game. For example, it always rains after one of the story missions. But if you die after the mission and load the checkpoint, the weather becomes clear.
At least that's how it is on my regular PS4.
As I said, weather seams to be totally random on reload, especially in freeroam...

Just when I thought it would never rain, it just did (freeroam, morning hours). I think it was the first rain in 50 hours after the initial rain with Jackie.
But, it really doesn't look that great, I mean the rain effect in the air. Almost weird.

And, no rain splashes on the ground at all.

it rains a fair bit in my current game, haven't touched the main story in a while.

photomode_30122020_184516.png

photomode_30122020_185037.png

photomode_30122020_192331.png

photomode_30122020_193311.png

Maybe this is an example of RNG being random? With a side-dish of confirmation bias? *shrug*

Top Bottom