I want bigger text size for the ps4 version of cyberpunk 2077

+
I want bigger text size for the ps4 version of cyberpunk 2077

I got a ps4 mostly for the witcher 3 last year and blood and wine was already released. My main problem with the game was the text size was TINY on the ps4 version, which a lot of games are having this problem nowadays. Even the "large" option was too small; I had to enable the ps4's zoom option and whenever I wanted to read text/books/char descriptions/quest descriptions, I had zoom in using this feature. I really hope Cyberpunk 2077 fixes this problem.

Some of you may scoff at this, but this is a BIG problem to me (and I know its a big issue to other players since I read topics complaining about text size all the time). I don't want to have to move my television up, move my couch/chair up, or even buy a new tv. I have huge expectations for cyberpunk 2077 and I don't want the experience ruined by having to squint or rearrange my family room around just so I can read the text, especially the captions/subtitles, because that really bothered me in the witcher 3 and other games of this gen, at least for ps4/xbox games.

It was less of an issue last gen for 360/ps3, but a bigger problem nowadays this gen. Other games do fix this issue, and really make the text very big where it isn't an issue, though it does look sort of funky. For some reason, console MMO's like star trek, neverwinter, and DC Universe fix any text being too small; it may look very big but at least I can see. I'm the type of person that wants this convenience of the UI looking a little funky with text being very big over the disappointing experience of having smaller text where I can't even read stuff.

I'm not gonna lie, I Hope the devs of CD Project Red see this thread and I hope they understand that sometimes the "large" option for bigger text still isn't big enough for console gamers like me. I have to play rpg's on my console in my family room on my couch because that's just how I like it and I'm hoping the experience is as enjoyable as it can be.

Thank you.

Also, how do I email suggestions to CDPR? I've watched interviews where devs of the witcher 3 said they receive a lot of interesting emails from fans and inquiries about things. Can only find a way to email tech support which doesn't really fit for cyberpunk suggestions.

This entire forum is currently suggestions and discussion, CDPR does read it. So just describe what you'd like to see and explain why it should be included in the game, if it's good enough it'll be considered.

However ... at this point chances are the major systems for CP2077 have already been decided on and integrated into the game, so don't expect major changes like "Make CP2077 an MMO" to be considered.

I to would say that being able to have large text is pretty important, and especially for people with reduced eyesight... I my self do use glasses, and have been since I was 5 or 6 years old I think it was, so for some 32-33 years out of my life. I can't say that I run into this problem all that often really, and usually the times I have the game has had some way to increase the size of the text and/or UI (where the text also got bigger).

But the few times I have run into the problem with to small text, with no way to increase the size without finding some way to mod the game (lowering your screens/games reslolution can help at times, but I don't like doing that since it tends to reduce the quality of the image of a game when doing that... I try to stay at 1920x1080 as much as possible), it can be very taxing on my eyes playing the game... especially my left eye... since my left eye is my "good eye"... it's still not at normal eyesight levels though.

My eyes do have an "refractive error"... the Near-sightedness kind (so for the most part I don't have much of a problem at short ranges, atleast with my left eye... my right eye is close to useless at any range... XD ). At best as I can remember, since it was a long time ago I had my eyes checked out (like... 15 years ago maybe, meybe more)... my left eye was at either a +1 or +1.5, OR a -1 or -1.5, in faultyness... where as my right eye was at something like a +4 or +5, OR a -4 or -5, in faultyness... I don't compleatly recall if my eyes went on the + or - side of "normal vision" (that being 0 on this scale... I don't know where my eyes would be on the scale where 20/20 vision is "perfect" eyesight for humans), but I do seem to lean a bit more to that my eyes where in the + side of faultyness on the scale we use here in Sweden (I think the + or - represent if your far- or near- sighted). My left eye is my extremely dominant eye... to such a degree that if I close my left eye the world compleatly changes around me to a world of blure... which does not happen really at all when I close my right eye, the worlds sort of stays the same level of sharpness and bluryness when I close my right eye, the only thing I "lose" when I close my right eye is my extremely blured right side peripheral view. XD

Anyway... due to that huge difference between my left and right eye, it means that my left eye essentually works for both of my eyes, it has to do double duty and all, to compensate for that my right eye is close to useless (even with glasses)... so if a text in a game is way to small for my right eye to even help with reading, and the text is so small that even my left eye starts to have a problem reading it, then my left eye has to carry all that slack and do double or triple duty with constant concentration and refocusing to try and sharpen up the text so I can read it... which can lead to my left eye feeling sort of... "tired" I guess... and like someone threw sand in it, it get's itchy, which only get's worse the longer you spend on doing it, and rubbing your eye to get rid of it only makes it worse... and all that "work" my left eye has to do in situations like that, can ultimatly lead to a headache and what not if it goes on long enough. It's part of the reason why I have to start turning on the lights around my computer several hours befor most people would have to/want to, to diffuse and soften up the light and what not that comes from my computer screen... because when the light levels go down around me it does not take long befor my eyes start to get sand-filled and irritated and what not due to the light from the computer screen. If I sit in total darkness infront of my computer for a few hours (and only a few hours is enough), then my eyes will most likelly be fracked for the next day or so due to it, from itching and feeling of sand in them, etc.

So even if I don't normally need unusually large text in games, where "standard" or "large" tends to work fine for me, I still understand how bad it can get when the available text sizes are way to small.

So yeah... maybe a bit too long of a post to throw my support behind the idea of having much larger then your average "large" text available in a game... but that is me, someone who tend to write way to much about what ever it may be, even if I try not to... the majority of time I spend on writing these things tend to be on trying to reduce the size of them... XD

while we are at it, I'd like an option for smaller fonts for cyberpunk :D
some UI elements actually grew in one of the patches and there was no way to make them smaller. apparently they couldn't nail down scaling in either direction.

Top Bottom