I want to create a completly new npc.

+
Hello!

I am completly new to this forum and I due to the rule, that I have to post 10 times, before I can create an own thread, I decided to post my request here, because the the infobox told me that the moderators would create an own thread for me.Let's if this works...

Okay, I want to mod something for the witcher 1. I want to create a completly new npc. I created an NPC with Blender before, but first of alI I tried to follow that simple instruction:

This is the link for the exporter by the way:

As you can see, the exporter was written in python, but I dont have any knwoledge in python, so currently you/I just have the possibility to export static objects into the mdl format (and its pretty buggy by the way).

But want to export dynamic models (rigged with bones and animation) into the mdl format. If its not possible with blender I would switch to 3dsmax

My question now: Does anybody know, if it's possible to create new dynamic models (as creatures, npcs etc.) for the witcher 1 ? And if yes, how can I do this (instruction)?

There is a guy, who is seemingly able to create new meshes (or alter some old) for the game:

@hub997 : Could you explain (step by step) how you "upgrade" a dynamic model (creature, npc) for your Witcher Remaster Project? For Geratl e.g.
The working process is essential for everybody, who wants to add new stuff to the game, since if you can change the models, you can also create new ones. Thx!
The information would be a great + for the whole commuity...

Hello!

I am completly new to this forum and I due to the rule, that I have to post 10 times, before I can create an own thread, I decided to post my request here, because the the infobox told me that the moderators would create an own thread for me.Let's if this works...

Okay, I want to mod something for the witcher 1. I want to create a completly new npc. I created an NPC with Blender before, but first of alI I tried to follow that simple instruction:

This is the link for the exporter by the way:

As you can see, the exporter was written in python, but I dont have any knwoledge in python, so currently you/I just have the possibility to export static objects into the mdl format (and its pretty buggy by the way).

But want to export dynamic models (rigged with bones and animation) into the mdl format. If its not possible with blender I would switch to 3dsmax

My question now: Does anybody know, if it's possible to create new dynamic models (as creatures, npcs etc.) for the witcher 1 ? And if yes, how can I do this (instruction)?

There is a guy, who is seemingly able to create new meshes (or alter some old) for the game:

@hub997 : Could you explain (step by step) how you "upgrade" a dynamic model (creature, npc) for your Witcher Remaster Project? For Geratl e.g.
The working process is essential for everybody, who wants to add new stuff to the game, since if you can change the models, you can also create new ones. Thx!
The information would be a great + for the whole commuity...
For now, you can only edit the game character models in 3ds Max, creating for example separate textures that change the appearance and shape of the mesh, but you must not move the skeleton because the model animations will crash. So far, only static models such as furniture, decorations and weapons can be fully transferred. I am at the stage of trying to transfer the new model to W1, but so far no attempt has been successful. I have a few more attempts with Neverwinter Nights tools, which promises to be the most interesting, but unfortunately everything takes time, and I have a few other ambitious projects. I recently wrote a guide (incomplete), but so far I am not sharing it with anyone except my co-workers until the project is finished.

For now, you can only edit the game character models in 3ds Max, creating for example separate textures that change the appearance and shape of the mesh, but you must not move the skeleton because the model animations will crash. So far, only static models such as furniture, decorations and weapons can be fully transferred. I am at the stage of trying to transfer the new model to W1, but so far no attempt has been successful. I have a few more attempts with Neverwinter Nights tools, which promises to be the most interesting, but unfortunately everything takes time, and I have a few other ambitious projects. I recently wrote a guide (incomplete), but so far I am not sharing it with anyone except my co-workers until the project is finished.
With character models, is there only really older versions of 3ds Max which can be used to export them? I say this going off of https://djinni.fandom.com/wiki/Model_Exporting, as the tools linked on that page were mostly created at the time of and specifically for 3ds Max ver 6, 7, 8, 9, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. If that is the case, I'm curious as to what work arounds there could be as those versions aren't obtainable anymore as far as I'm aware.

@Rustyok Everything works fine only on 3ds Max 9, newer versions have a very changed system of adding plugins or have a different program language so not everything works properly.

Top Bottom