I want to keep playing

+
I've got 138 hours in the game so far, cleared out quests for most of Watson (mostly the area around V's apartment and the badlands area. Haven't done much with the main story line and been mostly taking my time with gigs and such so as not to fly through the game.
Thing is I want to keep playing. I want to play the main storyline and clear the map, but at the same time I want to wait until after the fixes and updates to see what gets added and fixed without having to play through a 2nd time. I want my 2nd play through to be after I buy any and all non-free DLC they may add.

Extremely torn. Want to binge the game but also want to wait until it's completed.

I though about this too, answer is heavily dependant on how they gonna approach game with dlcs.
1. Will they add new mechanics?
2. New quests?
3. Revamped skilles tree?
4. Additional content of main storyline?
For me personally biggest question goes along with point 4, if they gonna change something is main questline, add dialogue, New missions or interactions it would mean that you basically have restart to experience New content..

More side jobs open up the further you push the main... I held off on the main as much as I could on each stage. I now have the "meet at Embers" endgame quest but I'm ignoring it as more side jobs have opened up. I won't enter the final questline till I am ready, and that will be the end of this playthrough for me - no going back.... I will then start again with a different playstyle.

My first run I rushed it like I feel a lot of people did - this second playthrough I've been ignoring the main-line as much as possible and it's a much better feeling and experience. My Third playthrough (not there yet) will be taken even slower.

Go, take a ride on the rollercoaster a few times :)

You might as well just finish what you can. Its going to be a long wait until anything youre speaking of will be added.

My suggestion if youre torn with things like this. When you get to the last main mission (point of no return) then stop there, make a manual save, back it up somewhere....and wait for that nonsense to be fixed. Complete everything else.

Do addional playthroughs....i encourage that. Youd be surprised all the little things you missed the first time now that youre familiar with the game. Im personally enjoying poking around a little more in places i hadnt before.

This is my plan so far.

When I started my game I was rushing through as it seemed that options and quests would change if you didn't get there fast enough (The sense of urgency was really well done in this game) until I realized it was an illusion and could take my time. I only just questioned Holland (or whatever his name was) about the chip the other day.

I want to still have that unknown of the story when I play with the major updates they plan on doing with the game rather than going "Ok this is a cool addition, but I already know what's going to happen next."

INulis

Forum regular
Same boat. I stopped playing after Panam Romance. Probably gonna play further with 1st big patch.

Well I would suspect you'll have a long time to wait. I doubt this month and next month update will add too much. I think it will be mostly bug fixes,

Like others, I would advise you to complete this run since it's gonna take a long time before they can fix everything.

Question for those who punched through Sidequests before proceedeing through the mainstory: Does it scale with your level or can you have main missions becoming easy/very easy at some point.

I'm asking this because I would like to keep the experience as challenging as possible trying to keep quests that don't involve fighting for later, for example but if main quests tracks your level, it would mean I can litterally clear the entire map before advancing it.

Just being curious.

Top Bottom