I was hoping the DLC story wasn't with Silverhand

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

In the DLC story, I thought I could finally play V's Own story without Johnny.
this is very disappointing to me..

It's even more disappointing that this is the last story DLC.

I feel like the fans and CDPR are never going to be on the same page:

CDPR: It's a story about V dying and what they do with the time they have left.

Player: So, when is the DLC after they get cured.

CDPR: There's no cure.

Player: Just, you know, when Johnny's not there because we're cured.

CDPR: It's about V dying.

Player: I know but after that when V is better.

I love Silverhand and think that a US story without his perspective would be missing something.

After all, he's an ex-Marine.

(And there's no such thing as an ex-Marine--except for Johnny)
The vast majority of the game already feels like a Johnny story. If we are only getting one expansion, let Johnny take a backseat and give us a more V-centric story with minimum relic shenanigans.

I have really mixed feelings about it.

Initially, I did not like how prominent Johnny figured into V's story and his character does grate sometimes, but after a year or so with the game I reconciled somewhat. I admit when I saw Keanu on the trailer say he was returning to play Silverhand I had a dumb grin on my face. I think I'm actually looking forward to it.

We doing this again? The story is what the player makes it out to be. For me, it is me with Johnny as an unwilling passenger who turns out to be the underdog, watching how V does it. My V becomes a demi-deity of NC, able to take down Arasaka corp and its elite-st defense-offense bosses while not really even being at 100%. And much more. Else, on the ongoing pursuit to prolong her life and find Jackie's remains.

Last edited:
Johnny can be a real pain in the ass. But it would be less interesting without him. Especially since the relationship between the two changes in an interesting way during the course of the narrative. And about 80-90% of the time you're on the road without his direct presence. It´s o.k. for me.

That being said, I think it's a great narrative idea how the two reflect on what they've done and will eventually do. Even though that might be well beyond the aspirations of many players.... :D

And if we dare to think in the direction of film adaptation (I know it's daring, but one will still be allowed to dream), Keanu Reeves can't be harmful.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

My only disappointment is that Pacifica-centered, Kang Tao vs Voodoo Boys expansion seems extremely unlikely.
I like Johnny and I look forward to seeing more of him.
I also never got the impression that main story of CP2077 is not V's story. :shrug:

I don't agree with the OP either but I don't think this is entirely fair. In a way, you've described the plot to "The Bucket List", which has a very different goal line to CP77.

In The Bucket List, the plot is about two men with terminal cancer and how they make the most of the time they have left. That's the main objective in the plot; not finding a cure.

If someone watched that movie and said, "I was expecting them to cure cancer in the end," that would be pretty daft given what the movie was actually focussed on. Whereas in CP77 they made finding a cure the main objective of their story.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm honestly really psyched Keanu is back for this. Guy seems really into it. Plus his presence gives me some hope it'll feed into the main plot somehow.

what is op talking about lol, johnnys missions were the best part of this game and what really added to the fun of the sp experience otherwise nothing interesting would happen hes the chaos needed to make it more fun

I don't agree with the OP either but I don't think this is entirely fair. In a way, you've described the plot to "The Bucket List", which has a very different goal line to CP77.

In The Bucket List, the plot is about two men with terminal cancer and how they make the most of the time they have left. That's the main objective in the plot; not finding a cure.

If someone watched that movie and said, "I was expecting them to cure cancer in the end," that would be pretty daft given what the movie was actually focussed on. Whereas in CP77 they made finding a cure the main objective of their story.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm honestly really psyched Keanu is back for this. Guy seems really into it. Plus his presence gives me some hope it'll feed into the main plot somehow.

Frankly, the LACK of Bucket List options feels like a big mistake. Imagine if the game had...say, six more months for story content and they added these options:

* Try to earn 100,000K to give to Mama Welles and Jackie's girlfriend to take care of them after you're gone.

* Get revenge on the asshole from your opening segment of the game.

* Have a night where you enjoy all of the wonderful things that you loved in life with your LI and/or Johnny as a finale before the big adventure.

* Make arrangements for your body if you die at the cemetary.

Frankly, the LACK of Bucket List options feels like a big mistake. Imagine if the game had...say, six more months for story content and they added these options:

* Try to earn 100,000K to give to Mama Welles and Jackie's girlfriend to take care of them after you're gone.

* Get revenge on the asshole from your opening segment of the game.

* Have a night where you enjoy all of the wonderful things that you loved in life with your LI and/or Johnny as a finale before the big adventure.

* Make arrangements for your body if you die at the cemetary.
Fwiw, V can earn millions by harassing gangs. Though, it is a grind.

My V is looking for Jackie's remains. Anything, would hunt down Hanako after the initial siege to exchange, err, her remains for Jackie's. Or keep digging. Meanwhile, can program drones to cut down Arasaka tower to a half-a-kilometer tall statue of Jackie.

You got it exactly right.

This is the thing I have been at odds with CDPR this whole time I have been here.

You got it exactly right.

This is the thing I have been at odds with CDPR this whole time I have been here.
Totally on board with this. Someone mentioned above that ' V is we' meaning V and Johnny, and I don't agree with this (no offense to the person who said this). I never saw V as 'we', I saw V and Johnny as independant characters and they hadn't made it to the 'we' stage yet. Regardless, V's fate is pretty much sealed no matter what you do.

I'd much rather have a story around V (DLC) and like some, find a cure and he/she lives on, I for one can do without Johnny. When I saw the ad with Keanu saying he was back I said 'oh no'. Keanu is a great guy, don't get me wrong, but I really thought we were done with that character.

Totally on board with this. Someone mentioned above that ' V is we' meaning V and Johnny, and I don't agree with this (no offense to the person who said this). I never saw V as 'we', I saw V and Johnny as independant characters and they hadn't made it to the 'we' stage yet. Regardless, V's fate is pretty much sealed no matter what you do.

I'd much rather have a story around V (DLC) and like some, find a cure and he/she lives on, I for one can do without Johnny. When I saw the ad with Keanu saying he was back I said 'oh no'. Keanu is a great guy, don't get me wrong, but I really thought we were done with that character.
No offense taken lol.

But I would argue it is the opposite. There are no independent characters of V and Johnny. They are both dead. Only this "We" left of both of them.
Changing main story point to return to blank slate in the DLC would be really odd story twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom