i wish the game had more repercussions for wiping out gangs

+
I've basically killed every gang member I've ever seen, it would have been cool if that effected the city more.

Especially after doing like every scanner hussle and killing every leader on the map. If nothing else making hte streets safer.

Also maybe updates on the news/screens around city. Like seeing reports about how crime is down.

I think it would have been cool to for more involvement with the NCPD in some form especially since oyur basically doing them a huge favor lol.

Last edited:
Only time nothing happens from what you do is killing the groups that are not marked on the map or are not in a hostile area. These groups will just respawn.

Going about your exploring, you WILL run into spots with lots of unguarded loot. These spots are quest areas before the quest goes live. Now there are several hidden legendary gear and skill xp chips that are just a single body and a couple nearby items, almost always unguarded, but often very off the beaten path.

There should be a reputation system for each gang, which you could see in your stats tab. The more you slaughter them, the more of a reputation hit you would take. If your reputation is low enough, there's a higher chance of retaliation against you, like, with a hit squad.

Something like this should also apply to the law enforcement and corporate sides of things, i.e., NCPD and Militech. Have them place a bounty on your head, make them able to *actually chase* you in cars, and not teleport behind you as they do now. The chase system is already unused in the game. All it needs is just some more polish to work as intended.

I'll leave everything else to your imagination because the possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
I think there is one. It's just cools down after a while.
I noticed I hadn't killed Scavengers for a long while and walked up to a huge group of them
and they didn't aggro or anything. Then I murdered them. The group I just passed on my way there suddenly was aggro as soon as I came within ear shot of them when before they didn't aggro at all.

I noticed people take back at least some areas previously occupied by gangs.
In my experience, 90% of those are claimed by scavs. Happened in GIM, the contruction site with a huge ramp that was full of Animals, etc.
Post automatically merged:

I've basically killed every gang member I've ever seen, it would have been cool if that effected the city more.

Especially after doing like every scanner hussle and killing every leader on the map. If nothing else making hte streets safer.

Also maybe updates on the news/screens around city. Like seeing reports about how crime is down.

I think it would have been cool to for more involvement with the NCPD in some form especially since oyur basically doing them a huge favor lol.
Ah yes, you had the expectations for this game that marketing worked so hard to give us. Welcome to the club.

I dunno having done every single thing possible in this game over 180hrs, I don't see gang members aaaaanywhere anymore.
Only if there is some random rng conflict/star that breaks out but I've noticed those seem to occur at the same spots.

So yes it DOES make a difference in "that sense" they kinda vanish - but that in itself should be a big deal, plus I dunno if one person went around town literally obliterating every single gang - I'd expect some kind of backlash or heck more than a "fame" number in my inventory.

It also annoyed me after completely all the gigs and scanner stuff that everything just goes dead in the city.

Like driving through Night City feels so empty now but so much safer. I legit have nothing to do though, hence why I finally played the "point of no return"/finished the story line finally last night. Thats not a complaint, just I'd rather like to see some kind of...result even if its just a news clip saying crime has gone down since ect ect.

Also with V basically blasting the brains of thousands of people onto the pavement, I'd like to have seen some kinda feedback from the cops too. Good or bad (although I haaaate the cops so much for obvious reasons in this game). V basically in my Night City might as well be Batman at this point, everybody knows who she is and I'd imagine everybody fears her. also I mostly played at night except when missions dictate it, hence lol she only came out at Night. (i just liked the look of night city better).

msxyz

Forum regular
Areas cleared during NCPD gigs usually will become populated with citizens. Sometimes there is even a dynamic event, like the area being cordoned off by police for a while, then going back to normal. Unfortunately, random tugs in unmarked areas will keep respawning. Some of them will spawn only at a certain hour of the day/nigh, but certain places are famous for XP farming because the baddies will respawn as soon as you'll get away from them a few hundreds meters.

In my experience, 90% of those are claimed by scavs. Happened in GIM, the contruction site with a huge ramp that was full of Animals, etc.
Areas previously by 6th. Street gang were I started noticing it, also some by Scavs.

I hope they do overhaul the gangs in general. From no introductions, no gang leader fixers, virtually no story content. Bar - we are evil generic. Contradictory fixers going after themselves. At least add in game mechanics that mimic Saints Row/GTA San Andreas. The gangs attempted to retake their areas you got rid of them in. You should be able to reject gangs and NCPD missions in the game. And have gang fixers to replace for your style of play.

Top Bottom