I wish this game had character save partitions.

+
In games like Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skryim, Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas, Dragon Age:Origins, Dragon Age 2, Inquisition, Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3.

You know what they had in common.

Character save partitions.

CyberPunk 2077 is kinda messy with its save system where it is all one stream, which can cause issues if someone were to overwrite their save over another character.
If there were save partitions where one can see all their character save for that specific character rather than in one stream. It can save many from accidentally saving and overwriting over another character save by accident.
Does anyone else agree? Better organized saves is a Quality of Life feature!

Never had this problem, but I also do not play with 5 different characters at the same time. I use autosave 95% of time - just a couple of hard saves and its quite easy to go back to different character if its different livepath which is marked on a save.

As an altoholic I totally agree, have to keep a list with save file #.
Even just being able to name your saves would be a step up.

As someone making an overusage of save files, i'd also like to have an easy way to delete several saves at once without having to search on my harddrive or some such.

I use a batch file to copy the saves to different folder on my hard drive after playing to keep the different character separated (only two so far). But when I boot up fallout 4 and see my saves nicely organized I do wonder why CP2077 did not do this better.

I agree that it would be great if each character's save files were separated from each other. However, what you can do for now is just create a separate folder for each character and cut and paste whenever you plan to switch characters.

It definitely takes a bit of extra work, but this is what I do just so that my save files are clean and organized for each character. It is also just good to backup your saves.

In games like Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skryim, Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas, Dragon Age:Origins, Dragon Age 2, Inquisition, Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3.

You know what they had in common.

Character save partitions.

CyberPunk 2077 is kinda messy with its save system where it is all one stream, which can cause issues if someone were to overwrite their save over another character.
If there were save partitions where one can see all their character save for that specific character rather than in one stream. It can save many from accidentally saving and overwriting over another character save by accident.
Does anyone else agree? Better organized saves is a Quality of Life feature!

THIS PLEASE!!! I've accidently overwritten entire characters and I usually delete auto saves just so I can find the file to load easier. Please, please, please, please make this a thing!!!

For other games (for example Skyrim) I used Vortex to create different profiles. No idea why Vortex has no seperate saves for cp2077, but I just keep save files in a folder on my desktop and switch them with the game folder when I want to play a different character.

I hope with the expansion coming out in September they will address this concern. PLEASE!!!! They have this feature in Hogwarts Legacy.

I’d like this but I also make nearly 200 Manual Saves for any Playthrough and I’ve always felt that had an issue with launching the game and maybe performance. The alternate profiles would probably not help. Still, great callback to Mass Effect for me.

I'd love this feature.

I currently run three playthroughs of all 3 origins stories - and I've lost track between manual saves and autosaves what belongs to whom

This would be mad helpful....along with new game plus. I posted about it before, these are helpful for replay ability.

Top Bottom