I would appreciate if I could get a refund PC GOG Version. I'm not getting any replies in gog-support.

+
With all respects, I don't quite understand this logic of yours.

Let's assume you won't get a refund (for whatever reason), a single game for which you couldn't get a refund will make you quit video games entirely?

I wonder how you have been able to hold that long then, because usually refunds on games is not a norm, especially when you buy games from local retail stores.

Also how does this one game alone decide over your hobby?

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to be offensive at all, it's just that your reasoning of wanting a refund is, in my opinion, quite suspective. Something tells me that it isn't right, maybe that's also why you didn't get an answer from GOG just yet.

Cheers
TalentX
gog and cdpr are the last video game companies I trusted. all others have disappointed me.
They were special.
Different.
The ones that were going to do the right thing.
I waited years for Cyberpunk2077
Maybe I will go outside now

I purchased also the game from GOG too. (PC user here) and... I could play it well with my old PC specs too... Not having major problems though, I even put a shaders mod in it. So I guess, it your hardware is the problem? by the way I don't have that monster rig, I only have AMD X4 860K and a 1060 nvidia 3GB and a 12GB ram. Max - Medium option. Low - cascaded shadows only and no film grain and no motion blur. Capped my fps to 75 - 30. From day 1 v1.03 to v1.06, never had a single crash of the game. Probably there is a problem on your hardware? why it's not running...

gog and cdpr are the last video game companies I trusted. all others have disappointed me.
They were special.
Different.
They still are.
  • They're still listening to us
  • They're taking feedback in a serious manner
  • They're still loyal to DRM-Free content
  • They're still offering free DLCs
  • They still focus to work on one project primarily
  • They haven't abandoned CP77, have they?
The problem you're experiencing is that you have had way too high expectations from the game, so it is much easier to get disappointed. It's worth to mention that not having high expectations isn't always a bad thing.

Also CDPR is in a bit of mistake here, because they have build that much hype around the game, which in the end led to people having too high expectations that they couldn't meet.

I think most people here agree that CDPR did a few mistakes, but in my opinion it isn't anything that big to justify requesting a refund.
The game is still solid in its current state and well playable.

Now consoles might be another matter, something for them is definitely broken. However on PC there aren't many game breaking problems.
You can safely assume that most people experiencing problems on PC is due to bad systems, old and degraded hardware, problems with OS or corrupted game files, not meeting requirements, bad drivers, conflicting software and so on.
Simply put, CP77 is just more sensitive to such problems with your PC.

Yes it needs more optimization, but it's nowhere to justify a refund. At least for PC. Yet they still do offer refunds!
However, that's just my opinion. You don't need to agree with me if you don't want to.

Cheers
TalentX

Last edited:
SAm
I purchased also the game from GOG too. (PC user here) and... I could play it well with my old PC specs too... Not having major problems though, I even put a shaders mod in it. So I guess, it your hardware is the problem? by the way I don't have that monster rig, I only have AMD X4 860K and a 1060 nvidia 3GB and a 12GB ram. Max - Medium option. Low - cascaded shadows only and no film grain and no motion blur. Capped my fps to 75 - 30. From day 1 v1.03 to v1.06, never had a single crash of the game. Probably there is a problem on your hardware? why it's not running...

The same GOG version here. 5 years old Intel HW/GTX1080 and the game runs fine.

They still are.
The problem you're experiencing is that you have had way too high expectations from the game, so it is much easier to get disappointed. It's worth to mention that not having high expectations isn't always a bad thing.

Also CDPR is in a bit of mistake here, because they have build that much hype around the game, which in the end led to people having too high expectations that they couldn't meet.

I think most people here agree that CDPR did a few mistakes, but in my opinion it isn't anything that big to justify requesting a refund.

Now consoles might be another matter, something for them is definitely broken. However on PC there aren't many game breaking problems.
You can safely assume that most people experiencing problems on PC is due to bad systems, old and degraded hardware, problems with OS or corrupted game files, not meeting requirements, bad drivers, conflicting software and so on.

Yes it needs more optimization, but it's nowhere to justify a refund. At least for PC. Yet they still do offer refunds!
However, that's just my opinion. You don't need to agree with me if you don't want to.

Cheers
TalentX
All I'm reading here is that I should blame myself. That I should feel bad for having hope.
That I should feel bad for feeling good when I saw all of those trailers and night city wire's and everything that was being talked about and shown for Cyberpunk2077. What came out after 8 years in development could have even disappointed people who had negative expectations. They took advantage of their customers and it is very sad but apparently they are being sued? You know what, I don't blame myself and I never will. This is on them. I have never seen such a complete 180 turn around. This was handled in such a terrible way, it doesn't even need to be said at this point. I got it on PC on gog and I got a 70gb file that crashes on startup. That's my present for the holiday. "CDPR did a few mistakes" Do you hear yourself? The game is an absolute nightmare. I am extremely sad about this. They're being SUED? I can't even let that sink in. I barely begin to even grasp that.

"Yes it needs more optimization, but it's nowhere to justify a refund. At least for PC. "
:ROFLMAO: You can't be serious....
And this is just from the people who actually got to play the game
"However, that's just my opinion. You don't need to agree with me if you don't want to."
You have no idea. :think: I don't even trust that you are being serious.
Post automatically merged:

Got that refund?
To the best of my knowledge, I do not think so. Not yet at this point. 26 December 2020

Last edited:
So I guess this is the only and last place I can think of where I can beg for help getting a refund...

"Begging" as if you are in some dire need for a refund. :ROFLMAO:

I don't blame you.

I hit a game breaking bug a few times where the dialogue wouldn't continue and I just reloaded and tried it a few times and it has always worked so far.

Even if I get completely stuck I'm not going to ask for a refund out of spite just to buy it a again a few months later.

"Begging" as if you are in some dire need for a refund. :ROFLMAO:

I don't blame you.

I hit a game breaking bug a few times where the dialogue wouldn't continue and I just reloaded and tried it a few times and it has always worked so far.

Even if I get completely stuck I'm not going to ask for a refund out of spite just to buy it a again a few months later.
Did you read the thread? Like any of it at all? :think::facepalm::rolleyes:

Let's assume you won't get a refund (for whatever reason), a single game for which you couldn't get a refund will make you quit video games entirely?

I wonder how you have been able to hold that long then, because usually refunds on games is not a norm, especially when you buy games from local retail stores.

Also how does this one game alone decide over your hobby?

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to be offensive at all, it's just that your reasoning of wanting a refund is, in my opinion, quite suspective. Something tells me that it isn't right, maybe that's also why you didn't get an answer from GOG just yet.

Cheers
TalentX
Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to be offensive at all, it's just that your reasoning of wanting a refund is, in my opinion, quite suspective.
How about the fact that the game wont even start? :think:

I don't know who to contact since I have already contacted gog support. I don't get any replies but my support ticket gets labeled as "Awaiting your reply" even though nobody replied to my support ticket. I'm just unable to reach a person at all. I'm getting kind of worried because console versions are getting a lot of attention, refunds all over the place and Cyberpunk2077 outright being completely removed from playstation by sony. I'm very frustrated that consoles are getting more refund attention and love and care, but pc feels like it's getting completely ignored as if people with a pc that need a refund are just not mentioned that much. Keep in mind, I respect everyone regardless of what platform they play games on.

I'm not saying pc this or consoles that. I'm just saying that I would appreciate the same level of attention as a pc user as everyone else. pc is having issues as well, not just consoles. lots of people across all platforms are experiencing issues. I myself can not get the game to start, and I heard other people saying
that there are supposedly no good endings to the game, some of the two supposedly good endings being V committing suicide or riding away into the sunset with panam to die slowly or something like that. This makes me feel absolutely awful and depressed and makes me feel like nothing I do in the game matters, so I almost feel blessed that cyberpunk2077 is so broken and unfinished that it wont even start on my computer and just crashes to desktop on launch "FLATLINED!" because the endings are supposedly so awful that I would have felt even worse if the game did work and I experienced those supposedly awful endings. I feel bad enough that the game is full of all kinds of bugs and glitches, but I could have almost ignored those, but my game will not even run, and the endings are supposedly so awful that I just don't care anymore. I just want my money back. I never want to play this horrible game. My disappointment is immeasurable. 8 years of waiting for this, and it's a mountain of regrets.

I tried to follow this link on the forums and it redirected me around in circles and sent me back here. So "here" sent me around, and back "here" again.
View attachment 11096750

So I guess this is the only and last place I can think of where I can beg for help getting a refund, since support is completely unresponsive. I'm worried that everyone else is going to receive a refund, and that I wont get any refund, because I fear the refund money will dry up or something. I don't know anymore. I just feel so lost. I feel so crushed. I can't believe how bad this feels. even this doesn't do a good enough job to describe how I feel.

Can someone please help me get a refund on gog for pc version? I have this really strange feeling I wont get a refund. $59.99 down the drain. the world wide health situation is crazy and I could really use that to put towards some more food. :giveup:
Bro, I feel you, I'm in exactly same state, well I was actually.
Before CB77 I was ready to dive in this game for months. I've even ordered RTX 3080 and when I finished I couldn't believe it, I thought it's a prank or I did something wrong, why it's so short wtf...I was devastated for few days, literally devastated.

Bro, I feel you, I'm in exactly same state, well I was actually.
Before CB77 I was ready to dive in this game for months. I've even ordered RTX 3080 and when I finished I couldn't believe it, I thought it's a prank or I did something wrong, why it's so short wtf...I was devastated for few days, literally devastated.
devastation doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. :giveup:
I hope you find happiness somewhere else, as will I too hopefully :howdy:

Isn't. Gog but steam declined it 4 times because over 2h
Even as I explained that the creation of a character and the intro which is perfectly made is longer than those 2h and you can't make a picture of this game under 2h. THEY DON'T CARE. when they start making exceptions.. They would have much more people refunding thus game. Luck for CDRed.

devastation doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. :giveup:
I hope you find happiness somewhere else, as will I too hopefully :howdy:
For now I came back to Fallout 4 Survive difficulty. Much more interesting

Do you have any games to propose for me?

GOG's support is swarmed. I, myself, am waiting over 12 days now since GOG responded with an automated answer.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. Also, for anyone worried, I've also received the following automated response after having emailed another reply.

As our service is currently extremely overwhelmed - with an ongoing, unprecedented volume of incoming requests, many times higher than ever before - this will help us provide support to Users that still need it. If that is you, we kindly ask for your patience - our agents will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are also working on making sure we will be able to offer Winter Sale discounts to those that we couldn't have helped during the promo period. Please also rest assured that if you requested a refund within 30 days from purchase, no matter if our Support gets back to you after that period passes, you are still eligible for a refund.
This is an automated message.
Important bit highlighted by me. In other words - it looks like we're up for a long wait, however if you requested the refund within the applicable time for GOGs refund policy (which is 30 days since purchase, if I recall) then you should be good.
I do trust that GOG's not giving anyone any trouble with refunds (outside of the long waiting period) - at least I haven't heard any stories of anyone being denied a refund on this platform for CP77.

On a side note - CP77 did work for me, but the in-game bugs were a bit too much even if the vast majority of them weren't in any way game-breaking. That said, I didn't even finish the first main act (i.e. getting to meet Johnny) so it's not like the game had a lot of chances to "bug out" for me. But seeing my character bald in the mirror or seeing a street musician play "air-drums" while... GUITAR sounds are heard... well, such things are really distracting.

Last edited:
All I'm reading here is that I should blame myself. That I should feel bad for having hope.
That I should feel bad for feeling good when I saw all of those trailers and night city wire's and everything that was being talked about and shown for Cyberpunk2077. What came out after 8 years in development could have even disappointed people who had negative expectations. They took advantage of their customers and it is very sad but apparently they are being sued? You know what, I don't blame myself and I never will. This is on them. I have never seen such a complete 180 turn around. This was handled in such a terrible way, it doesn't even need to be said at this point. I got it on PC on gog and I got a 70gb file that crashes on startup. That's my present for the holiday. "CDPR did a few mistakes" Do you hear yourself? The game is an absolute nightmare. I am extremely sad about this. They're being SUED? I can't even let that sink in. I barely begin to even grasp that.

I have never said that you should blame yourself or any of this sort. Please don't flip my words to your likings.
I even admitted that CDPR at this point did the mistake to hype the game so high that in the end people having high expectations was fault of CDPR, since they couldn't keep their promises shown from those said trailers and gameplay footages. So at some point I even agree with you.

The only thing I don't agree is the fact that you're blaming the game for one major issue, which is the bugs, in order to justify a full refund.

Let me ask you something:
What about gameplay, story, graphics, atmosphere, music etc. ?
Sure, opinions are different and those might not be perfect to everyone, but I don't see you - and almost anyone else in the forums - complaining about these. Do you count all that to your overall rating too, to justify that CP77 is a "disaster-level" game that has to be refunded?

"Yes it needs more optimization, but it's nowhere to justify a refund. At least for PC. "
:ROFLMAO: You can't be serious....
[...]
"However, that's just my opinion. You don't need to agree with me if you don't want to."
You have no idea. :think: I don't even trust that you are being serious.

I already said that CP77 is not perfect. I too had these expectations to get a blasting game, but I am disappointed with a few things as well, such as some removed gameplay features, screen real estate and controls on PC, not so well optimized performance and last but not least I do blame the bugs too.
But if I was to rate the game, I would still call it solid, which is somewhat around a 6.5/10 that's still above average to me, and a playable game. I am very serious about this, I don't get your problem.

Even those videos you shared admit that the game is still fine overall, they just blame some major problems.

How about the fact that the game wont even start? :think:
I have never experienced this problem. This "fact" is a result of a problem that is related to your system, clearly.

Cheers
TalentX

CDRP mislead in marketing materials (and I'm talking about the pre-launch videos and NC Wire episodes, not the long 2018 demo). Claims made by dev (leads?) in interviews are misleading at best, lies at worst. The product is buggy and poorly optimized. Just one example: remember how Pacifica was supposed to be "guarded" not by police, but by the gangs themselves? Yeah... not in game. Or a single murder in that district wouldn't really matter - yeah, not in game either (kill a single civilian NPC and cops will start spawning behind you).

Sure, expectations might have been high, but if you want to play the blame game... then GOGs own refund policy is based solely around the technical quality of a given product, thus giving pretty much EVERYONE the option to refund at will - all you have to say is the game's too buggy for your taste, and that's a valid enough reason under these rules.

Thanks for the suggestion but as bad of an experience as I am having here, I'm buying games on gog specifically because I disagree with steams policies. If my experience gets worse here as well, I may just quit video games all together, even though I love video games. I only buy video games on gog. But things are rapidly changing in ways that I'm very unhappy about. This is a very sad situation.

Still... no refund.... yet... :giveup:
My feeling exactly.

They were special.
Different.

Beautifully said. Sad, and beautiful.

GOG's support is swarmed. I, myself, am waiting over 12 days now since GOG responded with an automated answer.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. Also, for anyone worried, I've also received the following automated response after having emailed another reply.

Important bit highlighted by me. In other words - it looks like we're up for a long wait, however if you requested the refund within the applicable time for GOGs refund policy (which is 30 days since purchase, if I recall) then you should be good.
I do trust that GOG's not giving anyone any trouble with refunds (outside of the long waiting period) - at least I haven't heard any stories of anyone being denied a refund on this platform for CP77.

On a side note - CP77 did work for me, but the in-game bugs were a bit too much even if the vast majority of them weren't in any way game-breaking. That said, I didn't even finish the first main act (i.e. getting to meet Johnny) so it's not like the game had a lot of chances to "bug out" for me. But seeing my character bald in the mirror or seeing a street musician play "air-drums" while... GUITAR sounds are heard... well, such things are really distracting.
Unfortunately I never got any automated responses. All I got was the little yellow box saying "awaiting your reply" even though nobody posted anything.

19 days passed.
Has anyone succeded in a reply?I got another email which said by the end of the 2020 the drama should be closed. I wish I could get a refund and enjoy other games which much more complexity and finished...

I have never said that you should blame yourself or any of this sort. Please don't flip my words to your likings.
I even admitted that CDPR at this point did the mistake to hype the game so high that in the end people having high expectations was fault of CDPR, since they couldn't keep their promises shown from those said trailers and gameplay footages. So at some point I even agree with you.

The only thing I don't agree is the fact that you're blaming the game for one major issue, which is the bugs, in order to justify a full refund.

Let me ask you something:
What about gameplay, story, graphics, atmosphere, music etc. ?
Sure, opinions are different and those might not be perfect to everyone, but I don't see you - and almost anyone else in the forums - complaining about these. Do you count all that to your overall rating too, to justify that CP77 is a "disaster-level" game that has to be refunded?

I already said that CP77 is not perfect. I too had these expectations to get a blasting game, but I am disappointed with a few things as well, such as some removed gameplay features, screen real estate and controls on PC, not so well optimized performance and last but not least I do blame the bugs too.
But if I was to rate the game, I would still call it solid, which is somewhat around a 6.5/10 that's still above average to me, and a playable game. I am very serious about this, I don't get your problem.

Even those videos you shared admit that the game is still fine overall, they just blame some major problems.

I have never experienced this problem. This "fact" is a result of a problem that is related to your system, clearly.

Cheers
TalentX

Excuse me TalentX, do you see your own words? :think:

They still are.

Cheers
TalentX
Clearly you are suggesting that the fault lies with me, which is quite literally shifting the blame to me, which is not justified or truthful. How can you say in any way that I'm flipping your words? You state this, but you do not provide any evidence of that, even though evidence to the contrary exists. Then you tell me "However, that's just my opinion. You don't need to agree with me if you don't want to." However, the moment I finally do disagree with you, you tell me "Please don't flip my words to your likings." which is factually incorrect, because I am being very honest and I am not flipping anyone's words in any way. I really don't appreciate being blamed for a multi-billion dollar corporations failure to create a working product (and my inability to enjoy said broken and unfinished product) or the accusations of word manipulation. :sad:

Please tell me exactly where I said that I wanted a refund only because of "bugs"? You told me before "Please don't flip my words to your likings." but a moment later you are doing this to me now.
There are a massive variety of bugs in the game on all platforms, and many many people can confirm this.
But even ignoring all of that, the game is so broken that some people like me can't even start the game because it crashes on launch.
The game is so broken, that I can't even get into the game to experience these bugs in the first place.

Cheers
TalentX
Ah, but of course, if you never experienced it, then I guess it doesn't exist for anyone else in the entire world right? :shrug:
(And there you go blaming me again, even as you tell me "Please don't flip my words to your likings." and do the same to me at the same time...) :confused:

Honestly If you don't think that the game refusing to even start without completely crashing, my complete and absolute total inability to even experience the game is a good enough reason to ask for a refund, then I apologize for my inability to believe you are being serious. :shrug:

A few posts ago you said to me
I am very serious about this, I don't get your problem.
And I say the same to you, and cheers. :howdy:

My feeling exactly.

Beautifully said. Sad, and beautiful.

19 days passed.
Has anyone succeded in a reply?I got another email which said by the end of the 2020 the drama should be closed. I wish I could get a refund and enjoy other games which much more complexity and finished...
.... Still no replies at this point to the best of my knowledge.... :giveup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom