I would buy TW2 from GOG right now if...

+
I would buy TW2 from GOG right now if...

I would buy TW2 from GOG right now if I could activate the key on Steam.

Uh... we kinda had this topic over and over and does it really get anywhere? I mean, if you have an annual ticket for the museums in your city, do you seriously and with a sense of entitlement complain to the citizens of another city that you can't use their baths and they are responsible for that? Why would Steam offer you their services, when you don't make a purchase with them? Why don't you complain about that at Steam? Or did you expect, with a sense of entitlement, that the forum users here owe you to tell GoG they have to give their income to Steam, so you can use it?I don't think anyone here can help you with that and your frustration should be directed elsewhere.

You love Steam, right? Pay the extra $5-$10 and wait until the 17th to start downloading, as Bono would put it, in the name of love :)

I have to say I was planning on getting it on steam for quite awhile for a host of reasons that weren't really justifiable over gog. I don't care much about achievements or the cloud, however the overlay and screenshot features are nice, but I know I can just run TW2 through steam and get those features while still supporting this company for what it deserves, so I settled for that.

I got it on steam before I realized it wouldn't get a pre-loading feature...And I'm way too lazy to try and get a refund although I do wanna support the devs completely.I'm torn up about it :(

I prefer Steam as my Digital platform, but price won out with me. I was able to get The Witcher 2 for $36 USD price includes tax, from Direct2Drive (Promotional discount coupon code).Anyways, don't feel bad about not ordering from GoG. If Steam is your preferred digital distribution then just order it from Steam, you will still be supporting the developers.

BroderickAU said:
What on Earth for? There are no pros and lots of cons, gog is definitely the best way to go- digital wise.

Dimensional said:
Dimensional said:
What on Earth for? There are no pros and lots of cons, gog is definitely the best way to go- digital wise.
Steam Cloud. I lost all my Witcher 1 saves so this is a nice bonus. Achievements I don't care for myself but whatever.I don't care about having DRM. I'm not uptight. Gog doesn't sell modern games how could it be the best digital wise? It's a great service still but come on.

Chromie192 said:
Chromie192 said:
Chromie192 said:
Steam Cloud. I lost all my Witcher 1 saves so this is a nice bonus. Achievements I don't care for myself but whatever.I don't care about having DRM. I'm not uptight. Gog doesn't sell modern games how could it be the best digital wise? It's a great service still but come on.
I mean in this particular instance. Also I looked on the steam store.. found no mention or steam cloud or achivements, could you provide a source to where you got that information?

Dimensional said:
Dimensional said:
Dimensional said:
Dimensional said:
I mean in this particular instance. Also I looked on the steam store.. found no mention or steam cloud or achivements, could you provide a source to where you got that information?
Straight from Gop himself. Clicky Go to 13:10 to see him confirm.Ahh...look at 2:40 that's my Collector's Edition right there!

Chromie192 said:
Chromie192 said:
Chromie192 said:
Chromie192 said:
Chromie192 said:
Straight from Gop himself. Clicky Go to 13:10 to see him confirm.Ahh...look at 2:40 that's my Collector's Edition right there!
Very strange they haven't updated their site to show this, then.

Chromie192 said:
Fire kinda destroyed my memory stick just saying.
Perfectly understandable.However, I think that in case of GoG vs Steam, GoG wins.Both allow you to download games from anywhere at anytime BUT GoG let's you store offline setup files. That one plus - wins it for me.The only hassle is with the saves, that's true -> I was glad to find my old Witcher's in some ancient backup from the time that I used Windows. Phew!

We can't say if Steam or Gog is better, it depends on people.I'm a regular Steam user, I really like how it works and I'm a fan of the Steam cloud ( for example I won't be able to load my TW1 save when I start TW2 because I played it long ago on another computer and I lost my save ). Besides I think achievements are fun whereas many people don't.We should be happy we have the choice. I ordered it on Steam.

Dimensional said:
Very strange they haven't updated their site to show this, then.
It's not strange at all. Steamworks features don't normally get added to the store page until the game is released. Brink didn't list it's Steamworks features until its midnight release for example.

I personaly am not Steam biggest fan. It's OK digital platform, but what i don't like about it are constant updates and the likes, that fact that when trying to play the game Steam platform is required to run (and it doesn't always run 100%).If GOG version wouldnt be available for any reason, i would still buy through Steam, but its not my prefered way.

Top Bottom