i7 4790 - can I get a solid 60 fps?

+
I currently have an i7 4790. I am building a new machine with a Ryzen 9 5900x in 2 weeks but until then I would love to get a solid 60 FPS on my current CPU. I just started playing and am at the part when I leave V's apartment. I get about 50-60 fps instead of a solid 60.

Also sometimes when I walk to a slightly different area my FPS would dip for a few seconds and then go back up to 60. Anyone know why this is? Is it because of my slow mechanical hard drive and/or my 1600 MHZ ram?

Keep in mind that in all these scenarios my GPU is no where near being maxed out, I'm talking less than 80 percent usage. Also my CPU is very close to maxing out on most if not all cores.

Any way I can get a solid 60 with my current build?

I currently have an i7 4790. I am building a new machine with a Ryzen 9 5900x in 2 weeks but until then I would love to get a solid 60 FPS on my current CPU. I just started playing and am at the part when I leave V's apartment. I get about 50-60 fps instead of a solid 60.

Also sometimes when I walk to a slightly different area my FPS would dip for a few seconds and then go back up to 60. Anyone know why this is? Is it because of my slow mechanical hard drive and/or my 1600 MHZ ram?

Keep in mind that in all these scenarios my GPU is no where near being maxed out, I'm talking less than 80 percent usage. Also my CPU is very close to maxing out on most if not all cores.

Any way I can get a solid 60 with my current build?
you disable vsync ?

Top Bottom