Icewind Dale Roleplay

+

Icewind Dale Roleplay

• Disguise yourself and make for Bryn Shander.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Icewind Dale Roleplay

You stumble through deep drifts of snow, the wind mocking the heavy fur cloak that you hold tight lest it be swept away. The snowstorm swept down with all the fury of the north behind it and you were not prepared for the sudden change. An hour past the skies were clear and you were thinking of shedding your cloak under the suns rays, the climate seems to be somewhat disturbed, the weather should not change so suddenly even here on the borders of the Dale.

Ahead lies Kuldahar, the Druid enclave, your destination in these harsh mountains that are said to form the spine of the world. A part of you worries that you shall never reach the Great Oak however, or the settlement that nestles among its titanic roots, so fierce is the intensity of the storm that besets you.

In the peaks above you can hear the fierce cries of the Frost Giants echoing, they hurl boulders at each other for sport and mock the heavens, laughing when one of their numbers is stuck by lightning. True sons of the mountains and the storm, their merrymaking does not improve your mood, and their thrown rocks have come too close one too many times.

What do you do, comment and/or vote?

View attachment 2699

Attachments

• Icewind Dale.jpg
    Icewind Dale.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I suppose this depends on what the character is capable of doing, and his personality. Should we get an introduction to the hero of the story?

You're currently creating him or her, the first bit decides the class:

1. Reghedman Warrior, a master of weapons and the quick kill. Note just because it's a Reghed*man* doesn't mean they're male, sex will be decided in a later section.
Stats: Superior Body, excellent Conditioning and Physical Acuity, average Mental Acuity and Willpower.

2. Elven Pathfinder, a rogue and scout, thief and archer. Master of the bow, the trap and the hidden dagger.
Stats: Inferior Body, superior Conditioning, supernatural Physical Acuity, average Mental Acuity, inferior Willpower.

3. Mysterious Sorcereor, cloaked, gloved and masked, alive with power. Race and gender unknown. Master of the Arcane.
Stats: Inferior Body, Inferior Conditioning, average Physical Acuity, supernatural Mental Acuity and Willpower.

4. Human Druid, infused with Earthmight. Master of the elements and life.
Stats: Excellent Body and Conditioning, average Physical Acuity, average Mental Acuity, Superior Willpower.

Edit: Feel free to delete and re-vote if this new info changes your mind, will update tomorrow. These rules are not D&D as you may notice, feel free to ask questions.

Guest 2091327

I'm in favour of 2 or 4, ranger or druid, but have voted for the druid. Think that could lead to an interesting story given the environment.

Hmm...

Utter a long string of inventive profanities concerning the parentage of Hrothgar for leading us into it, have an unusual urge to kill and all mysterious halflings, and idly wonder how to pronounce 'Icasaracht'.

Oh, and throw up a magic shield.

Roaring with mirth you laugh into the wind, a fine summers day for a Reghedman. But there is no time to deal with stumbling through these drifts and losing your path, Nathaniel awaits you at Kuldahar, so with an arcane syllable and the force of your will you call up a barrier of sheer force. Snow and ice are swept from the radius of your spell, and the wind becomes a distant dirge as your power asserts itself.

Pleased with the potency of your spellcasting you nod in satisfaction and stride forth along the pass, making good time as the snow is swept from your path and you concentrate upon maintaining your shimmering barrier of force.

A massive blast of force drives you to your knees as a ton of granite is smashed to smithereens scant inches above your head, it seems the Frost Giants have noticed your spellcasting, and are determined to squash whatever is intruding upon their fiefdom. Your shield stills holds, and you are surprised to find your ancestral sword is in your hands, lending warmth and strength to your tired limbs, you must act quickly before another boulder finds its mark.

What do you do?

Please delete your previous vote and re-vote for every new choice presented, unless they happen to be what you desire, cheers Bloth.

Guest 2091327

Maintain the shield and try to trudge on, but cast invisibility on yourself to make the giants confused and your life quite a lot safer. Continue towards the warmth of Kuldahar's Great Oak.

Pangaea said:
Maintain the shield and try to trudge on, but cast invisibility on yourself to make the giants confused and your life quite a lot safer. Continue towards the warmth of Kuldahar's Great Oak.

Could you keep a spell active WHILE invisible? That sounds way too difficult :p

And invisible but without shield, you risk being hit by one of their boulders. I'd say, considering they might not be too fast, getting the hell out of there, while evading and maintaining the shield is actually safer. But that's just me :)

Two active spells are beyond a Warrior/Mage, if he were pure Mage then this wouldn't be a problem but the first vote was split between the two so I dual classed him.

No potions available yet.

Guest 2091327

Hmm, that makes things more difficult. Since the shield already took quite a hit from one boulder and the Frost Giants know where we are, I'd actually favour an invisibility spell instead, and then slinker away. Unless it's a bit retarded and they can see where we are anyway from the tracks in the snow.

Or just keep the shield up and try to get a bend in the landscape between us. It's mountaineous terrain after all.

Whipping out the sword and taking them on seems like a bad option when we don't have access to the Powerword: Reload spell :p

Bloth said:
Two active spells are beyond a Warrior/Mage, if he were pure Mage then this wouldn't be a problem but the first vote was split between the two so I dual classed him.

No potions available yet.

Cool! Maybe some atypical "class" sitting in between a barbarian and a shaman or sorcerer?

By the way this is a great idea Bloth. Your writing is very good!

Hmm, yell a challange to someone high up, three times my size, and with big rocks to throw down.... dont think so.

Drop the shield and run to a wall? Sorry, I dont do 'bug on windshield' impressions, so no.

Drop the shield and go invisible? Hmm, not bad. But of course there is the little problem with hypothermina and freezing to death. Okay, I'll do both. What? I cant? Because of dual class? *Sigh* I should have listened to mother - "Your dual classing will be the death of you!". Bloody mothers - why do they always have to be right?

Ah bugger it. Maybe if I dont bother reacting to those clowns, some idiot in the rest of the party will challange them and become a target - Hthrothgar seems the type, and that dwarf man...err..woman (damn beards). After all I dont have to outrun the boulders, I just have to outrun the other expedition members, especially the dumb ones....hmm. That could work...

Invoking the strength of your ancestors you fortify the shield and stride on, rocks shattering all around you as the vale erupts with the Giants laughter, they seem to enjoy this new sport. Gradually your shield begins to change from a golden dome of force, lines, cracks and shadows appear seeming to form a stern face glaring up at the heavens, a face that seems familiar somehow. You glance up at it in consternation, but its strength is unchanged, in fact it feels stronger.

For a moment you do not notice the quiet that has descended, so wrapped up in examining this strange phenomena you are, but the vale is no longer being pelted by the Frost Giants barrage, and despite yourself you stop and stare back along your path.

A Giant strides forth from the mealstrom, twin polar bears chained to one of his huge fists, snow and ice swirl around his shoulders and his eyes are the blue of ancient arctic ice. Gargantuan elemental power idles under his command, and you are humbled by that power. Raising one huge fist he points past you, and growls out three words in a strange tongue.

"GANGA SVART ULF!" He intones, and with that said the storm descends in even greater fury, as if to drive you on up the pass. Confused and curious you shake your head and obey.

Chased by the biting storm you trudge on, keeping your ancestral sword drawn just in case, enjoying the comforting warmth it gives. You make good time despite the weather, striding along with a mile eating Reghedmans gait, and between one step and the next you find yourself walking across green, growing grass. Warmth and life seep into your bones, and a shadow enfolds you in welcoming arms, the massive branches of the Kuldahar Oak stretch overhead blessing all fortunate enough to stand in its shadow.

You cast back your hood at last revealing?

Guest 2091327

You write very well Bloth, impressive stuff so far.

Went with the lass in option two this time.

Pangaea said:
You write very well Bloth, impressive stuff so far.

Indeed. Though is there a way to purge the poll at each new point?
I think a few have been there since Q1 and are skewing it a bit.

Oh and green. Definetly green. ;)

Guest 2091327

Lyc said:
Indeed. Though is there a way to purge the poll at each new point?
I think a few have been there since Q1 and are skewing it a bit.

Exactly, doubt all are removing their votes, and given the result in the first one, we may end up with a auto-1 system here unless all are involved and deleting their votes. Would be great if it was possible to purge all votes between changed polls.

Yeah sorry about the need to delete and re-vote, I tried deleting all the choices and making new ones but no dice. Still I think its important that your choices are heard, everybody allright with the choice of looks and gender? Do you want some ugly options adding in, battle scarred, scarred by Reghedman ritual magic etcetera.

I like option 4 but can she have a bald, tattooed scalp? Also can she be an atheist and mock the gods? :p

Top Bottom