Icnic Characters

+
Icnic Characters

Cyberpunk 2020 had some iconic characters.

What do you think should they be in 2077 and when yes how? A cameo? sidecharacter?

here some famous 2020 charactes:

Iconic characters

Johnny Silverhand:
A famous and idealistic Rockerboy singer and guitarist with a silver-chrome cyberlimb arm. He opposes Arasaka for a grocery list of personal grudges from the loss of his arm to the death of many of his close friends and family. He is Alt's ex-boyfriend. He was in the Chromatic Rock band Samurai with fellow famous rocker Kerry Eurodyne, and is most famous for the songs "Chippin' In" and "Never Fade Away".

Morgan Blackhand:
A pragmatic Solo with an anodised black-chrome cyberlimb arm. Generally considered to be a "Solo's Solo", with years of experience and ops under his belt.

Rache Bartmoss: The most brilliant (and paranoid) hacker in the Net, he invented the Hound and Demon series of programs. He was the "narrator" of the Guide to the Net and Brainware Blowout sourcebooks (posthumously edited by his rival/colleague, supreme hackerette Spider Murphy). Rache finally flatlined in 2021, either by a lucky Sysop or poor health due to repeated bouts of malnutrition and dehydration from surfing the Net too long. Fortunately he had top-of-the-line life support to maintain him. Unfortunately, he was too paranoid to trust anyone with his location or leave any means of recovering him. He spent his time deteriorating in a cryogenic freezer (disguised to look like a refrigerator) while still managing to be one of the best hackers in the Net prior to his death in the opening salvos of the Fourth Corporate War.

Saburo Arasaka: The devious head of the diversified Arasaka Corporation, which not only dominates most of the Third World (including America), but also Japan. He has united factions of the Japanese government, the military, organized crime and various lesser corporations under his control. Some have begun calling this era in history the "Arasaka Shogunate".

Alt Cunningham: A brilliant Netrunner and programmer, she invented the beta version of Soulkiller, a program that would make a digital emulation or copy of a netrunner's mind. Arasaka kidnapped her, extracted the information from her, and made a more deadly version that would simultaneously fry the netrunner's mind after backing it up, allowing a Sysop to interrogate it at will. They then used it on Alt since she was of no further use to them. Her digital "ghost" broke free into the Net, but could not be reunited with her body.

Alt had an appearence in the teaser
View attachment 521

Attachments

• e8b5b1b0b5293e5e774b75effd838d12.jpg
    e8b5b1b0b5293e5e774b75effd838d12.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 273
Having Silverhand's famous songs play in the background in some club would be a neat reference. As for meeting them personally, I'd love for Saburo to make an appearance.

Braindancer, half of them are dead (as in killed violently), so I wouldnt have the writers do ridiculous things just to explain why they're here AGAIN. Alt's "mind/conscience", could be around, as an AI or program you could interact with, or as brains for a cyborg, though.

Saburo Arasaka most possibly had children, so it wouldnt be a problem giving a son of his, some of his best (meaning worst) traits. A rich, degenerate old guy, with a decaing body (side-effects from the atomic nuke?), clinging to life through cybernetics would be cool...

Actually, I would be happy with 2077 jut being 2020. By that I mean the world of 2020 the only change is the date (and the price and functionality of cell phones). The exact same line of events in the timeline, just stretch it out to 2077. Maybe add a few things in between events for fun... but at the end of the day, I would be perfectly fine with everything in 2077 being what is present in the 2020 world.

So by that token, all the iconic characters could be there..... but only if we have the opportunity to kill them ourselves.

Having Silverhand's famous songs play in the background in some club would be a neat reference. As for meeting them personally, I'd love for Saburo to make an appearance.

Knowing you, I bet you'd try to exploit him to finally backstab him and take over Night City and the corporations. :D

Hey braindancer...you can edit the thread title through the advanced options...

I keep thinking the thread reads Picnic for some reason, and its making me hungry.

Braindancer, half of them are dead (as in killed violently), so I wouldnt have the writers do ridiculous things just to explain why they're here AGAIN. Alt's "mind/conscience", could be around, as an AI or program you could interact with, or as brains for a cyborg, though.

Saburo Arasaka most possibly had children, so it wouldnt be a problem giving a son of his, some of his best (meaning worst) traits. A rich, degenerate old guy, with a decaing body (side-effects from the atomic nuke?), clinging to life through cybernetics would be cool...

I know that many of them are dead. I didnt mean that CD should make a crazy story to put them in the game.
I want a liitle hint in a dialog or that groups of Netrunners are talking about someone like Rache or Alt cause they are legends in Nightcity.
Like you said it is also possible that the famous Asaraka family is still in the game and Alt is flying threw the net....

Morgan Blackhand sounds like a guy who'd make you hop off a cliff without having to force you, haha.

Well, Blackhand is a maxed out "basic solo."

In truth, he's a lightweight.

Yes, he has REF, COOL, BODY, Combat Sense, Athletics, Awareness, Handgun, Melee and Rifle at 10, but they're only at 10, and his Aikido and Tae Kwon Do are even less. He also started out with 8 EMP and is only down to 5, and his list of cyberware reads like a total noob's. Also, MA 9? Pff. Also, no bioware. What's up with that?

Oh, and the worst thing? Zero Style.

Also, he's not a Eurosolo. Weaksauce.

Well, Blackhand is a maxed out "basic solo."

In truth, he's a lightweight.

Yes, he has REF, COOL, BODY, Combat Sense, Athletics, Awareness, Handgun, Melee and Rifle at 10, but they're only at 10, and his Aikido and Tae Kwon Do are even less. He also started out with 8 EMP and is only down to 5, and his list of cyberware reads like a total noob's. Also, MA 9? Pff. Also, no bioware. What's up with that?

Oh, and the worst thing? Zero Style.

Also, he's not a Eurosolo. Weaksauce.

Bah, euro solos are over rated nancies with designer shoes. Great for attending parties and impressing co-eds, but they run like girls at the first sign of trouble. A eurosolo is all style, no substance. Especially the french ones...

A eurosolo is all style, no substance. Especially the french ones...

Not sure if that "French" thing was aimed at me again, you called me French before... Not sure where that's from, though. Have I said I'm French or my character is French? :)

Anyways, all Style no Substance is the whole point, isn't it?! :cool:

Not sure if that "French" thing was aimed at me again, you called me French before... Not sure where that's from, though. Have I said I'm French or my character is French? :)

Anyways, all Style no Substance is the whole point, isn't it?! :cool:

Christopher Lambert is french... or belgian... same thing :p

Ah highlander, a french guy playing a scott, a scott playing an egyptian spaniard, and a middle american dude playing an ancient russian warrior... all with original accents...

Only the 80's could dream that up... and it was glorious.

As for the other thing... Style over substance is not the same thing as style without substance :D

Christopher Lambert is french... or belgian... same thing :p

Oh, right. Of course. :)

He's French, born in the USA, lived in Switzerland as child. He's also Lord Rayden!

Ah highlander, a french guy playing a scott, a scott playing an egyptian spaniard, and a middle american dude playing an ancient russian warrior... all with original accents...

Only the 80's could dream that up... and it was glorious.

I was born a bit late to be a true child of the 80's but I kind of got all that 80's stuff and loved it.

As for the other thing... Style over substance is not the same thing as style without substance :D

I translated it Style Before Substance myself, from how the Finnish cyberpunk was written. Basically it means Style comes before Substance, no matter what. That's the main thing. It's basically the same as Style Over Substance, but it allows for Substance to still be there. I think. Still. Style without Substance is better than Substance without Style.

Oh, right. Of course. :)

He's French, born in the USA, lived in Switzerland as child. He's also Lord Rayden!

I was born a bit late to be a true child of the 80's but I kind of got all that 80's stuff and loved it.

I translated it Style Before Substance myself, from how the Finnish cyberpunk was written. Basically it means Style comes before Substance, no matter what. That's the main thing. It's basically the same as Style Over Substance, but it allows for Substance to still be there. I think. Still. Style without Substance is better than Substance without Style.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lambert has been many many people, long time fan of his... He and Rutger Hauer were the faces of Cyberpunk in the 80's/early 90's. His Greystoke was the best and most accurate Tarzan ever put to film, and the only movie in the franchise to actually be considered a film by me... as opposed to just a movie.

The language barrier is really gonna make it hard for me to poke fun at you isn't it... ok then, we will just be pals...

His Greystoke was the best and most accurate Tarzan ever put to film, and the only movie in the franchise to actually be considered a film by me... as opposed to just a movie.

I'm sorry. I can't agree.

Johnny Weissmuller is the only true Tarzan to ever walk the Earth. That's what I'll stick to. My apologies.

The language barrier is really gonna make it hard for me to poke fun at you isn't it... ok then, we will just be pals...

Language barrier? I'm sorry... You're American, right? That would mean my English is better than yours, right? :cool:

I'm sorry. I can't agree.

Johnny Weissmuller is the only true Tarzan to ever walk the Earth. That's what I'll stick to. My apologies.

Weismuller.... man... the guys was cool, but none of his movies were actually films... Greystoke was Epic....

Of course there is always the Bo Derek Tarzan and Titties movie... when I was ten I wanted to see that movie more than anything...

Christ I am old...

There is reference somewhere that Sabaro Arasaka had 2 sons and a daughter the oldest being in his 60's and the other 2 in their 20's in 2020 so its very possible to find his decendants are still there and in charge . Sabaro was 'killed ' in the 4th corporate war . However I think there is mention that he was planning on having himself downloaded into the net as a AI much like Alt was .

Wisdom, could Lambert do this?

I rest my case. :cool:

No, but Weismuller can't come across as anything but a neanderthal either...

On the plus side, Lambert's Fortress was a pretty fun movie (see how I brought us back to at least a semblance of Cyberpunk topic...)

As for Iconic characters, my favorite was always Haruko Kanawa from Land Of The Free, the Arasaka solo/ninja chick.... she was just badass

She also showed up in the Firestorm books... but I disregard those almost as much as I do V3.

Top Bottom