Iconic weapon names and stats disappear when crafting upgrade to higher tier...

+
When attempting to craft upgraded quality of some iconic weapons it creates a UI bug where the name and stats of some weapons to disappear when you hover over them. Does not happen with all iconic weapons only certain ones; such as going from rare to epic Kongou, or epic to legendary Fenrir... Just upgrading the weapons works without problems, only when crafting the new version does the bug appear. The UI glitch will have effect on some other non iconic weapons in inventory as well. Re-loading to save file from before and avoiding those particular weapon crafts prevents this from sticking around but frustrating that a pistol I like quite a bit I cannot get the legendary version due to this issue. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in the future. Keep up the good work.

Attachments

• After.png
    After.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 528
  • Before.png
    Before.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 472
This just happened to me too, with similar weapons - Satori, Comrade's Hammer, Dying Night all upgraded to Legendary with no problem; Fenrir, Chaos, Divided We Stand, and Kongou are fine up through Epic, but when I upgrade them to Legendary, the stats disappear in the menu. Oddly enough, if I drop them on the ground and then put the cursor over them, the stats show just fine.

Also happens with legendary version of Dying Night when a silencer is attached, once removed glitch in UI goes away... Very odd bug IMHO.

Update: I switched my monitor from my 27" 16:10 running @1920x1200 to my 40" running @1080 and issue has been resolved... Something to do with the resolution it seems. Very odd.

Attachments

• Update.png
    Update.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 242
  • Update.png
    Update.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Nicely done, melino_e :)

Yup, you're right - on 1680x1050 and +/-1 level from there, no stats - but going to 1600x900, they're back, as they are at 2176x1294.

Alas that my display is 1680x1050, and I have to choose between cutting off a chunk of the image with the higher res or else losing detail. Seems like an easy thing for CDPR to fix, though.

Seems to me like the popup becomes too high for the area it's supposed to be displayed in, so it gets hidden instead. Sometimes you can get it to show up but it keeps flickering (some auto-positioning glitch). Also if you browse other weapons while you have one of these equipped / selected, you can't see any of their details because the popup doesn't show up, because it's trying to show the equipped weapon popup for comparison, which doesn't fit on the screen.

Just odd to me that my display that has a taller aspect ratio and resolution gets clipped/cut off and the other with 120 less rows of pixels is fine... Guess it's because 16:10 isn't as widely used anymore when 1080p became the standard. Honestly I prefer the 1920x1200 as IMO it has a cleaner look even though both Samsung's are great, the 40" puts out amazing video but games have a look I don't care for as much.

This happens to me every time I craft Kongou. It suddenly stops showing it stats, and will prevent me from seeing the stats of other weapons while I have it equipped. And I'm running the game Windowed at 1600x900.

Top Bottom