Icons for blacksmith, armorer, etc in World Map

+
Icons for blacksmith, armorer, etc in World Map

First of all, love the game. Along with Obsidian, you guys are my favourite RPG developer.

However, it's really frustrating not having blacksmith, armorer [sic], etc icons show up on the world map as until you visit some place frequently for a long time, you just can't remember exactly which building was blacksmith and the game does not show you for some reason. So you have this very frustrating few minutes running around town trying to find the damn blacksmith (or armorer).

I am mainly talking about Novigrad city here.

There are countless strange decisions in menu design and use but I can overlook them as they are not broken in technical sense (just logic). However icon not showing up feels like a technical problem, especially as they show up for some areas, and I think it should be addressed to make user's time (definitely mine!) more enjoyable.

Thanks and hope it is addressed in near future update.
PS: Similar thread here but it got a bit convoluted due to OP having couple of issues so I thought I'll make a nice new clear thread about this one specific issue.

I love this game, but agree with you there, drives me nuts trying to hunt down the dang blacksmith and armorer every time I go to Novigrad

I tried to find the source where I read this, but I remember one of the CDPR staff saying that the icons appear when the npc is available, so you won't find the icons when the npc is in his "free" time. Although if you move to the Hierarch Square in Novigrad there is Herbalist and a Tailor in set places and north of there is the Blacksmith. They do not move.

I have to agree that it would be nice if the icons simply stayed around so we know where to go, now the npc not always being there i get we can simply meditate until he starts his or her work but at least make the icons stick around so we can find the place

I tried to find the source where I read this, but I remember one of the CDPR staff saying that the icons appear when the npc is available, so you won't find the icons when the npc is in his "free" time. Although if you move to the Hierarch Square in Novigrad there is Herbalist and a Tailor in set places and north of there is the Blacksmith. They do not move.
This applies in the HUD map, you are correct. As in, if you're near one but he is off duty, his icon won't show on the HUD map, then it will when he is working.

But in the world map (one you get to via menu) in Novigard the icons just don't show.

Last edited:
This bug is still not fixed. I play the polish PC version with the actual patch. If you are near a blacksmith, it shows up on the Worldmap. If you go a few meters, it only shows like one or two blacksmith in the WHOLE map, while I visited over 5 already!

Top Bottom