I'd like to see the Dimeritium Bomb effect removed from Clear Skies

+
The more we get into this, the more I am ok with how CDPR has it.

I'm liking my tables so far, so let's make another one (LOL), comparing the 3 possibilities I can see right now: "Current System", "Laveley's Suggestion" (with my twist) and "Zkenpachiz's Suggestion" (mine).

Different Card Situations:

Card "A"
Total Strength before Weather is LESS than Original Strength;
Total Strength Under Weather + buffs is GREATER than Original Strength;

- 8 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 8;
- Debuffed by 10;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 5;
- A Horn is played doubling the value;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "B"
Total Strength before Weather is EQUAL the Original Strength;
- 8 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 8;
- Debuffed by 8;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 5;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "C"
Total Strength before Weather is GREATER than Original Strength;
- 8 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 10;
- Debuffed by 8;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 5;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "D"
Total Strength before Weather is LESS than Original Strength;
Total Strength Under Weather + buffs is LESS than Original Strength;
- 8 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 8;
- Debuffed by 10;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 1;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "E"
Total Strength before Weather is EQUAL the Original Strength;
- 8 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 8;
- Debuffed by 8;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 1;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "F"
Total Strength before Weather is GREATER than Original Strength;
- 8 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 10;
- Debuffed by 8;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 1;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "G"
Original and Total Strength before Weather are both equal 1;
- 1 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 8;
- Debuffed by 8;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 5;
- Clear Skies is played.

Card "H"
Original Strength is 1 and Total Strength before Weather is greater than the Original;
- 1 Original Strength;
- Bufffed by 9;
- Debuffed by 2;
- Weather is played;
- Buffed by 5;
- Clear Skies is played.

CURRENT
SYSTEM
Original
Strength
Total Strength
(before weather)
Weather
Damage
Total Strength
Under Weather
TSUW + Buffs
and Debuffs
Clear Skies
Buff
Total Strength
(after clear skies)
Card "A"865112-48
Card "B"887112-48
Card "C"8109112-48
Card "D"86514+48
Card "E"88714+48
Card "F"810914+48
Card "G"110112-101
Card "H"187112-101

LAVELEY'S

SYSTEM
Original
Strength
Total Strength
(before weather)
Weather
Damage
Total Strength
Under Weather
TSUW + Buffs
and Debuffs
Clear Skies
Buff
Total Strength
(after clear skies)
Card "A"865112+719
Card "B"887112+719
Card "C"8107316+723
Card "D"86514+711
Card "E"88714+711
Card "F"810738+715
Card "G"110112012
Card "H"180724024

ZKENPACHIZ
SYSTEM
Original
Strength
Total Strength
(before weather)
Weather
Damage
Total Strength
Under Weather
(Weathermark)
TSUW + Buffs
and Debuffs
(Weathermark)
Clear Skies Buff
(Weathermark OFF)
Total Strength
(after clear skies)
Card "A"8656 (1)22 (12)+1022
Card "B"8878 (1)26 (12)+1426
Card "C"810910 (1)30 (12)+1830
Card "D"8656 (1)14 (4)+1014
Card "E"8878 (1)18 (4)+1418
Card "F"810910 (1)22 (4)+1822
Card "G"1101 (1)12 (12)012
Card "H"1878 (1)26 (12)+1426

Conclusions:

1) Current System has a STRONG "Weather" and a WEAK "Clear Skies".(it even debuffs your own cards, which is absurd).

2) Laveley's System has a STRONG "Weather" (a little weaker than the current) and a MODERATED "Clear Skies".

3) Zkenpachiz's System has a STRONG "Weather" (exactly the same as the current) and a STRONG "Clear Skies".

4) Laveley's System generates a balance problem, with cards that have a low Original Strength, but get lots of buffs. Weather is basically useless against those cards and the cards with 1 Original Strength are even immune to Weather. Card "H" is the example of this problem.

For all the reasons above, I think my suggestion would be better than how it is currently, although inevitably some people would be annoyed by the small visual change, but any kinda of change brings resistance. There will be always the "inertia defenders", things must stay how they are.

Anyways, the "data" is out there for anyone to make their own analysis. xD

Last edited:
Other simple solution, instead of this:

[h=1]"Clear Skies[/h]Remove all weather effects from the battlefield and return all units that were affected by weather to their original strength."

This:

[h=1]"Clear Skies[/h]Remove all weather effects from the battlefield and return all units that were affected by weather to their original strength if they are wounded."

Wouldn't retrieve the buffs applied before the weather effect, but at least would keep the ones applied during the weather effect.

Better half a cup than an empty one.

Other simple solution, instead of this:

"Clear Skies

Remove all weather effects from the battlefield and return all units that were affected by weather to their original strength."

This:

"Clear Skies

Remove all weather effects from the battlefield and return all units that were affected by weather to their original strength if they are wounded."

Wouldn't retrieve the buffs applied before the weather effect, but at least would keep the ones applied during the weather effect.

Better half a cup than an empty one.

Not a fan of this one... very rarely you will boost a card under weather until it surpasses its original strength.

Imagine a card with 8 original strength. Being under weather, the card will have only 1 strength and you'll have to give it more 7 strength of boost just to go back to the original strength and the card will be still vulnerable to another weather being casted. Besides the fact that, if you have a Clear Skies and buff in your hand, you will always play the Clear Skies first, then the buffs.

You'll see very few to no benefit at all with this change.

Not a fan of this one... very rarely you will boost a card under weather until it surpasses its original strength.

Imagine a card with 8 original strength. Being under weather, the card will have only 1 strength and you'll have to give it more 7 strength of boost just to go back to the original strength and the card will be still vulnerable to another weather being casted. Besides the fact that, if you have a Clear Skies and buff in your hand, you will always play the Clear Skies first, then the buffs.

You'll see very few to no benefit at all with this change.

Like i said, it wouldnt resolve the whole problem, but would at least resolve some of it. It would benefit a lot auto-buff cards that arent weather immune, like odrin and sigrdrifa.

Also, at least on kts the best way to play clear skies was quite the opposite you described. Post-pass/late clear skies was the way to go since you couldn't win the trade against a weather heavy deck like monsters was in kts (and probably weather focus deck will be). The mentioned idea would precisely reinforce this tactic since the buffs that you would eventually play under weather wouldnt be discarded with clear skies.

Like i said, it wouldnt resolve the whole problem, but would at least resolve some of it. It would benefit a lot auto-buff cards that arent weather immune, like odrin and sigrdrifa.

Also, at least on kts the best way to play clear skies was quite the opposite you described. Post-pass/late clear skies was the way to go since you couldn't win the trade against a weather heavy deck like monsters was in kts (and probably weather focus deck will be). The mentioned idea would precisely reinforce this tactic since the buffs that you would eventually play under weather wouldnt be discarded with clear skies.

It wouldn't solve even 1 % of the problem, but it wouldn't make it worst either... it's just irrelevant, to be honest.

Another minor issue for Hawker Support. After placing clear skies, a affected Hawker Support will turn back to 2 strength, there is no additional 3 strength. But for other special cards like Lacerate, there will. i.e.
Clear skies: 1->2->nothing happen
Lacerate: 2->0->3
Should the strength of Hawker Support turn into 5 after placing clear skies? i.e.
Clear skies: 1->2->5

Top Bottom