I'd pay MUCH for more NPC faces

+
I'd pay MUCH for more NPC faces

First I gotta say, I enjoy this game now more than anything else I've ever played, and probably more than what I will get to play in the future. I'm humbled by the scope and quality of this product, and it almost makes be feel bad that I got this to $ 30 or something on a Steam sale a few months after release.

The only thing that keeps breaking immersion of a living, breathing world now is the inevitable re-use of faces. I wish the game would have been more expensive, but in return having more modelled faces (although I understand that would probably not have been a good marketing strategy).

For my own part, I would probably pay 200 $ for this game with triple the amount of faces, and probably 500 $ if all faces were unique. I guess most people wouldn't be THAT crazy, but if enough people showed interest, it could probably have been worth making a $ 10 DLC with 20 more faces or so. Would've been great.

This bothers me too. How hard could it have been for the developers to make even small changes, like putting a different nose on NPC face A or different eyes on NPC B? As in, have your collection of base NPC faces, and then create variety to them by simply swapping noses, mouths, and eyes to create a much larger number of "unique" faces. Different hair colors, eyes colors....Can't be that difficult, surely!
But I think in the end it came down to resources and how much they can fit onto potato consoles.

When developing for multiple platforms, a game can only be as good as the weakest platform.

yes! of course!

i find three times the same npc in the same region or even in cutscenes, or even the exact same face from different quest givers
or clones standing right next to each other

variety mod please

And the best thing is that if you look on prerelease materials (trailers and gameplay) there are more npc faces but they were cut for some reason.

Top Bottom