[Idea]Companion Mod

+
[Idea]Companion Mod

Hey people, im new so please dont blame me if i did post in wrong section or something else, i just thinked of making thread about Companion mod, im not sure, is it possible or not to make one? like you could meet some "witchers" at every Inn's drinking strong alcohol, after you talk to them, you can recruit (2 max.) of them, the stronger witcher, the more you need to bribe him/her or gift something really worth to him/her. i just thinked its possible, because in some quests NPC follows you and fights (as when you have to save person from monsters). if the recruited Witcher dies, youre not able to revive him/her back, only with potion which you always have to need with you(somekind own custom made potion with big ingredients needed)... for example when they "die" they lie on ground moving like they got hurt.. and when you try talk to them, you can gift that potion(like in the first quest with that girl witcher with red hair, forgot her name.) sorry for my english and thanks for reading, i hope someone will have enough willpower to do this :) thanks again!

Good idea, but more realistically they could be mercenaries that you recruit for orens.And when they die, they die. And you have to recruit another mercenary.

but they also use witchers when they need them, so mercenaries wanting to get paid would likely take payment from anyone, even a witcher ;)

true... thanks for comments guys. yeahh... i think mercenaries is better idea, but then i got in mind, that Witchers dont usually work together with anyone except own profession people...am i right?2.
STGhost said:
Might actually be an interesting idea, but most people in Sapkowsi's world hate witchers.
but witchers dont hate witchers, so thats the plus ;)

:p oh well idk, i just started playing the game and i dont know even story yet... but only thing i understood is that you always fighting alone... or almost.. lol

markuz008 said:
:p oh well idk, i just started playing the game and i dont know even story yet... but only thing i understood is that you always fighting alone... or almost.. lol
Being alone most of the time is a witcher's lot in life; that's part of what makes the game so poignant -- Geralt is a great guy, but he's condemned to be alone most of the time.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Being alone most of the time is a witcher's lot in life; that's part of what makes the game so poignant -- Geralt is a great guy, but he's condemned to be alone most of the time.
yeah i know, but he still worked together with Leo in first mission, except, Leo died from a bow... so idk... but if someone dont care much of destroying the story, could make that mod anyway, cuz it would be kick ass, or maybe modder could change story a little? hmm... like "witchers work always together" lmao.the reason i made this topic and mod idea is just because im bored to walk always alone against every monster..

Maybe he could have a dog? Later on in the story, at the end of Chapter III and during Chapter V, Geralt will fight alongside an ally for a little while, so you have something to look forward to.

If you are going to mod, then the sky is the limit. Just don't expect the die-hard fans of the books to like your mod, but there are other people who will appreciate any good mod to the game as long as it is well made, and even if it is not "canon"there is already one very good mod that does not follow the original stories at all, and several more that only follow the stories somewhat. so don't worry about it too much, just do it ;D

i wish to mod myself, but im soo stupid at it... never succeed at Djinni or Lua or PAWN scripting.. etc.

markuz008 said:
i wish to mod myself, but im soo stupid at it... never succeed at Djinni or Lua or PAWN scripting.. etc.
Just try it, you'll get all help from us other modders that we can give... I'm beginner with this too, and I've learned a lot while working on Witcher Mod, more than I ever learned on NWN mod. So just try it, and you'll see, there are a lot of friends here to help you out when you are stuck. ;)

I think that the idea of a companion mod is very good and I would play a mod like this with pleasure.BOOK SPOILER:
It is not unusual even for Geralt from Sapkowski's books to have a company, because in the later stages of the saga he traveled together with his team consisting of 5 characters: the bard Dandelion, the archer, the knight, the herbalist/barber:) and the fighter/thief.

thats a good idea for new mod but it cant be done with original adventure. well, actually it can be done but im quite sure its not allowed. original adventure stays original.same like in neverwinter nights. many years have passed since neverwinter release and people still mod the game but never original campaign.

Top Bottom