Idea for a feature: No manual saves/Auto-save only mode.

+
I feel like i would really enjoy having consequences for my actions and choices in game, but i know that if there is an option to reload a manual save then i will inevitably go back on my decisions for a better outcome (I know i won't be able to control myself if the decision is an important one and the outcome isn't what i wanted). It would be interesting to have an option before a play through to limit the ability of players to "save scum" and just have a single auto-save. This would bring a whole new meaning to actions having consequences.

Just a thought i had, cheers!

Keive

Forum regular
This would actually be a really cool thing to have. Personally, I know I could never do it, I need to go back to get the perfect options (to me) but I think a whole lot of people who love a challenge and want to feel that whole immersion would really benefit from having this.

And what if there's a bug/glitch that breaks the game, and you can't load a save to try to fix it? Doesn't sound like a great idea.
Worked like a charm for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Failed the main quest for that game without realizing. Didn't find out until it was too late. My last save was days old at best. Partially my fault, there's a limited amount of saves you can have for that game, so I started deleting the old one's. I ended up deleting my progress up until I failed the main quest as well.

First of all i am dead set against no manual saves i hate those type of things :disapprove:

Secondly i guess CP will be just like TW3 , with the consequences of your decisions taking a long time so you can`t go back and reload .

And what if there's a bug/glitch that breaks the game, and you can't load a save to try to fix it? Doesn't sound like a great idea.
Good point, didn't think of that one. I would be surprised if there was a game breaking bug in a CDPR game at this point, they're on another level, but that is a valid argument against it.

I think there is no difference between autosave and manuel save just dont save scum and if there are players who want do some save scumming just let them do, this is not an online game anyways

Good point, didn't think of that one. I would be surprised if there was a game breaking bug in a CDPR game at this point, they're on another level, but that is a valid argument against it.
Yeah, CDPR games are great in that regard (as well). Only Witcher 3 has ever required it for me, and even that super rarely considering my hours.

With some other games (coughSkyrimcough) I've had to load saves to fix issue far, far too often -- which is why that point even occurred to me. :giveup:

I'm hoping that the game supports quick save though, in case you are in for long play sessions, or in a combat scenario.

I feel like i would really enjoy having consequences for my actions and choices in game, but i know that if there is an option to reload a manual save then i will inevitably go back on my decisions for a better outcome (I know i won't be able to control myself if the decision is an important one and the outcome isn't what i wanted). It would be interesting to have an option before a play through to limit the ability of players to "save scum" and just have a single auto-save. This would bring a whole new meaning to actions having consequences.

Just a thought i had, cheers!

Totally against this in a game which is all about player's skill, meaning that saves scumming becomes the only way to choose your Roleplay.

Actually if it was in the game I would either have to manually close the game before it save when something doesn't go as intended of to wait until a mod allows manual saves before playing it.

And not even speaking about shortened dialogs which don't means what the seems, like in "The Walking Dead" game.

Self control is a real thing. But.... I'll just quote a bit of the opening post text and leave a comment....

It would be interesting to have an option before a play through to limit the ability of players to "save scum" and just have a single auto-save.

^
Words are hard.

My game broke, I can't shoot the things, etc. I'd be curious how these would apply with an optional toggle to disable the ability to save scum.

With this in mind.... Sure, why not. An optional feature. It stands to reason this feature wouldn't require much effort to toss into the mix. Self control is a thing though. Do we really need to spend the time adding this because people cannot control themselves? I don't know.

Totally against this in a game which is all about player's skill, meaning that saves scumming becomes the only way to choose your Roleplay.

Actually if it was in the game I would either have to manually close the game before it save when something doesn't go as intended of to wait until a mod allows manual saves before playing it.

And not even speaking about shortened dialogs which don't means what the seems, like in "The Walking Dead" game.
I mean this would obviously be a separate option for a play through and not the default save system lmao
Post automatically merged:

Self control is a real thing. But.... I'll just quote a bit of the opening post text and leave a comment....

^
Words are hard.

My game broke, I can't shoot the things, etc. I'd be curious how these would apply with an optional toggle to disable the ability to save scum.

With this in mind.... Sure, why not. An optional feature. It stands to reason this feature wouldn't require much effort to toss into the mix. Self control is a thing though. Do we really need to spend the time adding this because people cannot control themselves? I don't know.
Self control is not in my vocabulary lol

Top Bottom