Idea for new armour and fashion system.

+
So I've been looking into aspects of this game and when I heard that the armour would be based on clothing I was rather disappointed. While it makes sense and very well could be based off the original role playing game, I think a great many other players would prefer to be able to dress our character stylishly instead of wearing whatever clothing has the best stats so, I have a solution that could resolve this issue:

since the clothing doesn't get seen by the player an awful lot, how about you implement that into the game world. Have armour values set cybernetic implants on the body that you can swap out for better ones and are ultimately not visible, but have the clothing you wear act as their own system so depending on your fashion, you can get better rep with different factions. Like if you join a certain street gang, you can dress up to look cooler in the perspective of that gang.

it makes sense as a mechanic as in the customisation screen the game says, "in night city, appearance is everything" but currently that ain't true since the game suggests wearing whatever stuff you got for the armour values even if you look wack as all hell

the idea for the armour could be on the lines of what we saw in the original cinematic, where the woman with the mantis blades covered in blood was hit with a bullet only for that bullet to shatter upon impact. You could implement that into the lore, saying that they developed modules that coat the skin in a nano fiber armour invisible to the human eyes, just a thought.

this way you could implement armour systems for different parts of the body, while also keeping true to the "appearance is everything" motto by having the player get an incentive to dress well to shift how the NPCs of the game perceive you.

I get that this would be A LOT of work to implement and perhaps something like this could of been achieved if you weren't pressured by the constant demand for release, but I would say that this touch would add a spice to the game that allows for greater personalising of each player's experience and how they create their place within the game's world and the greater the commitment to quality you have will lead to greater the praise from the gaming community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom