Idea for NR Vicious Slash rework

+

Sj8407

Forum regular
Vicious Slash needs rework - it's very hard to find 8 points engine that is worth to strike at, usually it is 5 or 6 (or lately often even 4 to kill etheral) , and the bleeding donages are easy to minimalize by placing vield cards next to engines. My Idea of rewok is: deal 2 domage, charges 3, provinsion bonus 14. I think it will be much more effective, and provinsion and number of charges are ok - SC Guerilla Tactics have 3 charges of 2 dmg or boost with row change for 15 provinsion, so I think 4 charges dmg for 14 provinsion will be fair.

Gyg

Forum regular
4 charges of 2 damage would be fair for 15 points. Guerilla tactics benefit from movement synergy, otherwise is weak.

I think Vicious Slash is too similar to the syndicate Blood Money and it's not very in theme with NR.
Not sure about a rework though, especially one that would fit NR and not just adda striga, personally i'd go with deal 2 damage to 3 adjacent units, has 2 charges. Would be stronger against swarm decks and better fits the name.

Sj8407

Forum regular
I think Vicious Slash is too similar to the syndicate Blood Money and it's not very in theme with NR.

Yet there is one huge difference between them - with blood money You can get money to deal extra domage with Ewald and it makes perfect synergy. In vicious Slash You don't get any extra if there arent three three adjacent units , with good target in the middle. I play vicious Slash a lot and I see it All day every day when opponents are playing around it with ease

That's not really what the word "huge" means. And still you use that ability to kill something important, not to get money and then use them with Ewald to kill something important. Also i believe Vicious slash is balanced around giving 1 other unit bleed, the second one is a bonus, but usually if you kill an important engine and give another unit 2-3 bleed it's the expected value.

That's not really what the word "huge" means. And still you use that ability to kill something important, not to get money and then use them with Ewald to kill something important. Also i believe Vicious slash is balanced around giving 1 other unit bleed, the second one is a bonus, but usually if you kill an important engine and give another unit 2-3 bleed it's the expected value.

4 charges 2 domage will be still much better

honestly this leader concept is as boring as the ones in the game. they should think more outside of the box like they did with uprising, which is now the best NR leader.
I wouldnt expect cdpr to ever give NR such a leader, it would be broken with all the dmg setup NR can have, like draug etc.

i kinda want it be be like a falibor deploy, only it deals 4 -3 -2 -1 -1 -1 -1 endless damage as long as it kills

An old version of Harald the Cripple, it dealt 5-4-3-2-1

Wow, it has to be even long before HomeComing because I didn't recall, the only Harald that I remember dealt 8 dmg to random units; but if it was like that You describe, it was amazingly OP I guess :eek:

Wow, it has to be even long before HomeComing because I didn't recall, the only Harald that I remember dealt 8 dmg to random units; but if it was like that You describe, it was amazingly OP I guess :eek:

Sounds OP on paper but It was actually terrible and nobody played it.
The problem was that you had to build your whole deck in order to support this ability, sometimes having anti-synergies with your other effects and generally very difficult to pull it off, this was in a game pre-order, with one action per turn.

edit: i actually made a topic about it almost exactly 3 years ago

Last edited:
Sounds OP on paper but It was actually terrible and nobody played it.
The problem was that you had to build your whole deck in order to support this ability, sometimes having anti-synergies with your other effects and generally very difficult to pull it off, this was in a game pre-order, with one action per turn.

edit: i actually made a topic about it almost exactly 3 years ago

Funny thing is, that after that Harald ability was reworked to synergize with GS and Daugur, and yet now nobody plays him, using other abilities with Daugur and GS :/

Yeah but i don't think it's necessarily a fault with its ability, since it's still pretty good with GS, it's just that second wind is so much better. I mean why deal 8 damage when you have the flexibility of playing either Wild Boar or Morkvarg.

Yeah but i don't think it's necessarily a fault with its ability, since it's still pretty good with GS, it's just that second wind is so much better. I mean why deal 8 damage when you have the flexibility of playing either Wild Boar or Morkvarg.

True, but still both abilities have perfect synergy with Daugur/ GS. And poor Adda with her 8 dmg? No synergy with NR at all after Hubert Reik rework :/

I really like this leader, it's NR's version of SY blood money and SK blaze of glory, it's definitely a leader ability that should exist. The only problem I have with it is how excess damage is converted into bleed, which is less useful than direct damage especially when compared to the usefulness of coin and graveyard synergy with SY and SK.

I really like this leader, it's NR's version of SY blood money and SK blaze of glory, it's definitely a leader ability that should exist. The only problem I have with it is how excess damage is converted into bleed, which is less useful than direct damage especially when compared to the usefulness of coin and graveyard synergy with SY and SK.
True. Would the excess damage being direct damage as well really be that strong I wonder? I'd say it fits with the theme of NR being more straightforward.

Top Bottom