Idea Gwent have 2 out of 3 matchs

+
Idea Gwent have 2 out of 3 matchs

Each game you need to wins 2 rounds, what if each match you had to win 2 games? I think it could be good for ranked play. That way if you have a bad hand you still can win the match while losing the game.

let me know what you guys think.

I'm all in favor for reducing variance, but I actually played a CCG (Eternal) which tried to do this for ladder and the majority of the people, including me, didn't really enjoy it.
It means that matches take a lot longer and it loses that 'quick ladder-game' feel, where you might not have something to do for a few minutes and just want a game of Gwent in but not sit half an hour or longer playing a whole match.

In tournaments however I think this system would be great, since it reduces variance and you also get to know your opponent a bit over the round of the games which you might factor in as well.

It sounds like a nice idea :) but Mahakaman's experience with this sounds fair. It might not really add too much to the game and just make the laddering "bulkier". Could still be nice, but i don't think it would make the ladder that much more enjoyable :)

Last edited:
just make the laddering "bulkier".
well you could have an unranked single games mode and a ranked match mode

the main thing it adds it a sideboard to gwent and that's super interesting, it was just an idea. I would much rather see a draft mode or an arena like mode 1st.

Yea, it's a cool idea, and when it was first introduced I thought it would be really good as well, but it just doesn't really work out that well.

I think it is great for tournaments as was said earlier. Ladder is meant to be fast paced. Although I will say I am currently playing another CCG while I wait. They have THE BEST laddering system IMO You never lose your rank like in Hearthstone..instead you go to a sub area of your rank, and fight out of it. That way each rank becomes its own meta, and makes for some great games. I am currently Rank 2, and it is brutal..lol Hearthstone has a high salt factor with me when I lose a rank I earned..Just my thoughts on it.

I'd like longer matches in form of best of 3 games, as long as this doesn't mean we'll get sidedecks to change some cards between games.

Although I will say I am currently playing another CCG while I wait. They have THE BEST laddering system IMO You never lose your rank like in Hearthstone..instead you go to a sub area of your rank, and fight out of it.

Just say Legends' name :p

. well you could have an unranked single games mode and a ranked match mode

the main thing it adds it a sideboard to gwent and that's super interesting, it was just an idea. I would much rather see a draft mode or an arena like mode 1st.

Having too many game modes can sometimes just water down the game and it takes up development time. But that is definitely an option! It could be a good game mode :) but i agree, I would also much rather have a arena/draft mode first. It's so much fun :)

Top Bottom