[IDEA] Kiroshi Configuration (small UI tweaks increase immersion and QoL)

+
Given we have optical implants, here is my suggestion to help immersion that I would love to see implemented. I'm finding myself fiddling around in the settings menu way too often to do these things.

Kiroshi Configuration:
Make visual configuration options accessible in game and add more intelligent UI toggles. I play on console so button mappings work there but assume would be similar setup for PC.

I suggest that while holding L2 / LT you could press:
  • NEW* Right dpad -- toggle minimap display on/off
  • NEW* Left dpad -- toggles both cinematic and conversation subtitles on/off.
  • NO CHANGE* Up/down dpad -- continue to control optical zoom in/out as they do now.
With no other buttons pressed, Down-dpad currently toggles between quest objectives. I suggest the job tracker have a configuration option where it is hidden until the user presses down-Dpad, this would make the Job Tracker pop up for 5 seconds. Once visible, down-dpad would switch between quest objectives as normal. The tracker objective would disappear after 5 seconds of no press on down-dpad.

Smart crosshairs: New configuration option to make crosshair hidden unless V's weapon is drawn.

Finally, would love to be able to toggle off service points icons from showing in-game display, it really crowds the screen real-estate and is unneccessary.

To add...

I'd like to see new eye implant mods like Visual Mods: IR, Sonar, UV, ect... Just one mode per slot, easy enough.

Note: I know sonar sounds weird (pun not intended) but it is something they have develped in the real world already.. Ultra-sonic sound is sent out and reflects back and is reconstructed visually via a computer (so easy cyberpunk)...

For sure, really love the idea of the IR/Sonar/UV, etc. scanners. Some areas of the game are just so dark and it's odd that in a world capable of IR implants (I know at least one NPC that references having them) that's not in the game. We also know there are thermal implants from BD recordings so there's just so much untapped potential there for advanced optics. There are 2-3 quests designed around darkness, but honestly, if you have paid for an implant, it's cool to be able to be like, hey I got an implant mod for this! :)

yeah, thermal sight for Kiroshi needs to be a thing... after all Evelyn has it (you can switch to thermal in the BD she recorded) so why not V??

yeah, thermal sight for Kiroshi needs to be a thing... after all Evelyn has it (you can switch to thermal in the BD she recorded) so why not V??
There was earlier discussion about this and in the end it comes down to how to map its functions to controller.

Top Bottom